Any word on the S&W M&P15 in MA?

I just got an email from Smith & Wesson, advertising 2 free mags with purchase of the M&P 15. It got me thinking - I remember from the Four Seasons website, and from the presentation at the GOAL meeting earlier this year that the M&P was supposed to be released in MA sometime soon. Does anyone know anything about when this might happen?

I know someone who bought a PC M&P 15 model when they first came out. I don't see why there needs to be an MA specific release. If there is a ban problem just swap out the stock and you are golden.

I know someone who bought a PC M&P 15 model when they first came out. I don't see why there needs to be an MA specific release. If there is a ban problem just swap out the stock and you are golden.
What about the bayonet lug, threaded barrel & FS?

IIRC the PC version does not have a flash hinder which the regulars do, S&W is so backed up right now that changes like those (new stock, no flash hinder) can be a problem.

IIRC the PC version does not have a flash hinder which the regulars do, S&W is so backed up right now that changes like those (new stock, no flash hinder) can be a problem.

Right you are. No FS/bayo lug and the PC's stock is non adjustable.

I didn't realize it had the flash hider and bayonet lug. It looks like only some models have the bayo lug. I assumed it was a muzzle brake out of habit. Well you can get the PC model.

The 15FT appears as though it is crippled to make it
legal. Since it's not a handgun you should be able to have any
dealer order you one without any trouble, providing stock exists.

-Mike

For that price you can get a nice pre-ban Bushmaster with bayo lug, flash hider, 30 round mag and telescopic stock and still have money left over for a case of 5.56

The MSRP is a gross inflation of what you'd actually pay, which is
probably more like $1300 or less.

Find a preban bushy with a railed, non-trash
(eg, not chinese/japanese airsoft) forend on it
like that for $1300 and my hat is off to you,
because that's a fairly good deal.

-Mike

Yup, the only place I've seen them is the S&W Shooting Sports Center in Springfield. They wanted ~$1250 for them. the rail and sights are prolly worth $600 alone

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger, figuratively and literally, on an RRA 18" Varmint AR. I like S&W for their service, product and I like supporting the local company but I don't see buying an M&P15.

Last edited:
If you look at the specs for the M&P15FT, it actually says "Compliant For Sale in CT, MA, MD, NJ, NY". So it's available, and like drgrant said "providing stock exists". If your FFL says it's not compliant, then I'd point them at S&W's web page to confirm it is.

Price aside I got to play with one a while ago, very nice!!!

That is not me (I was behind the camera) we already had our fun.
This one had an ACE stock and red dot sight.
shoot_mp15.jpg

Saw an LEO with one here - a very non compliant one, (nice to be an LEO). He was having troubles with it jamming and was further annoyed by my brass from my SOCOM dinging him in the thigh. I offered my apologies and changed positions, only to notice he was shooting Ultimax from Dicks. I went to my bag and pulled out some Winchester and offered it to him - he politely declined, but then accepted at my insistance. No further problems - it ran as smooth as butter. Ultimax? I thought LEO's were smarther than that? I looks like Stag/S&W/Troy have put together a very nice rifle. I doubt I'd spend the dough on a neutered version though....

Back
Top Bottom