Any Feds here?

No they won't store anything and they use renta-cops instead of real Federal police. I got hassled a long time ago for a key-chain with a kubaton attached. This was at the JFK building in Boston. I was questioned by a security guard at a Brockton Federal building about the handcuff keys I had on my key-chain . . . I was a constable at that time.

Wow! I don't remember what I did with mine (Kubaton).

Curious, do they even use them anymore?

Just an FYI...

"..the car a secure..." You forgot to put a "n" and "d" after the "a" to spell "and", you just put an "a".

You also misspelled "input" and capitalized and misspelled "grammar".
The phone key board is not very helpful. I willjust stop putting my input in. No problem.

The last I heard, federal facilities will check guns for LE who lack the jurisdiction to be armed in a federal building, but would not do so for commoners. Most state buildings do have gun checking, but I would not try it on a GOAL "meet your legislature day" as storage is very limited. Your papers must also be in order to enter a federal building, except a post office (and perhaps a few others without checkpoint fed at the Fedenberg gate).
What about that whole equal protection under the law thingy??

Not an agent of any kind, but a federal government employee who's "worked" at many different agencies.

Weapons are not allowed in government buildings. Neither by staff nor visitors unless they are LEO. There is no system I've seen for holding items at the entrance until you leave.

However - not all buildings are the same, and not all agencies are anal retentive about this. Here's some extremes.

US Fish and Wildlife Regional HQ in Hadley, MA does not have guards, metal detectors or any of that BS except signs saying "No Berettas". The guy who checks you in looks at your ID, but has no training to determine if it is a real ID or not, and really doesn't care. Carry whatever you want, no one gives a crap.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services on the other hand are usually in federal courthouses, and have all the bells and whistles to go with it. Metal detectors, security guards, Federal Protective Services upstairs if shit gets really real, etc. Leave it in the car, they care.

Military bases will check your car, but not your person (usually). Knives are fine, guns aren't. Concealed is concealed.

Springfield Armory Museum has a metal detector, but no one cares. I've never been told anything other than "don't worry about it" when the machine goes off.

Best bet is to just leave it in your vehicle and retrieve it when you're done.

Oh c’mon man. We’re just busting your balls. I like you just fine! Even though I didn’t know you were wicked sensitive like a girl. But I still like you! [cheers] [laugh]
Cams why don't you have them meet us over at JJ Foley's and we'll buy him a Bud light

Simple question:
Going into a Federal Building, obviously I want to obey the law and not carry.
It's not possible to check a gun, mace, or knife right? I have no choice but to leave it stored in my vehicle or at home?
Sorry for the retarded question, it's not every day I have to walk into a Federal Building.
Thanks!
NOPE, My uncle was told to throw the knife in the trash can outside. I shit you not.
We walked back to the car.

Do they usually wear radios on their backs or is that a front drag handle?
Looks like an airsoft setup… I don’t have a drag handle… already have to drag myself everywhere.

I was going to apply at the ATF… but judging by how long it takes them to process paperwork.. getting through HR would be a nightmare and I don’t check enough boxes..

View: https://youtu.be/-Ac8MhzkezI

Thats some bullshit the media and recruiting people put together
I want a front drag handle!!!

I’ve actually thought of putting a tag on my plate carrier, but I have a feeling it will eventually do me more harm than good….

I want a front drag handle!!!

I’ve actually thought of putting a tag on my plate carrier, but I have a feeling it will eventually do me more harm than good….
Front drag handle…. Interesting concept.

That reminds me of the loops on your hockey jerseys, so somebody doesn’t pull it over to head and kick your ass.

I am a Fed, can't speak for all agencies, but my particular facility has a process for both employees and visitors to "check in" firearms. Would recommend you call your specific agency/building to confirm SOP.

Back
Top Bottom