Any Feds here?

Simple question:
Going into a Federal Building, obviously I want to obey the law and not carry.
It's not possible to check a gun, mace, or knife right? I have no choice but to leave it stored in my vehicle or at home?
Sorry for the retarded question, it's not every day I have to walk into a Federal Building.
Thanks!

Simple question:
It's not possible to check a gun, mace, or knife right? I have no choice but to leave it stored in my vehicle or at home?
Sorry for the retarded question, it's not every day I have to walk into a Federal Building.
Thanks!
I'd suggest just leaving it at home, or very secure in your vehicle.

Even I couldn't carry in some buildings and checking a gun in is 'meh' at best.

My wife had Jury Duty a while back. Locked her gun in the safe in her car. She put the mag in the glove box. When the metal detector went off she realize she'd forgotten about her spare mag in her purse. They asked to see her LTC and then just held it for her until she came out.

Had to go to the DOR building in Boston a few years ago to pay tax on our boat.
Had to check my knife with the guard. They put a raffle ticket under the clip and put it in a draw. Gave me the corresponding ticket. Said just give this ticket to whomever is at this desk on your way out to collect your knife.
Painless process. Wasn’t carrying that day so that wasn’t an issue.
Same thing i worked there a while ago

So sorry I did not know I had to deal with the Grammer police. What dopes the content is what's important not the grammar. Are you some sort of Karren?
The phone key board is not the best to write on so from now on I will keep my comments and advice to myself. I don't need this type of attack when i was only trying to help based on my past experience.

Last edited:
So sorry I did not know I had to deal with the Grammer police. What dopes the content is what's important not the grammar. Are you some sort of Karren?
The phone key board is not the best to write on so from now on I will keep my comments and advice to myself. I don't need this type of attack when i was only trying to help based on my past experience.
Commas save lives.

”Let’s eat Grandma!”
”Lets eat, Grandma!”

Simple question:
Thanks!
Finally, an out-yourself thread I can get behind [laugh]

Oh c’mon man. We’re just busting your balls. I like you just fine! Even though I didn’t know you were wicked sensitive like a girl. But I still like you! [cheers] [laugh]

I had a court case in Fawl Rivah - the old Superior Court on N Main. Some henchman for the defense came in, pulled his 38 snub nose and gave it to the clerk who put it away. It seemed unusual to me but the the "guards" it seemed pretty regular.

OTOH, I was at teh court house in Taunton once for Jury Duty. Damned rentacop had me practically strip down to my undershorts before he let me go because "something beeped." Everyone got waived through as he was making sure I didn't have a WMD or something. (This was pre-01, I think.)
Security at Superior Court in Fall River is about as strict as it gets at MA courthouses. And they’re a**h***s too, even to the people they know who work in the building every day.

I had a court case in Fawl Rivah - the old Superior Court on N Main. Some henchman for the defense came in, pulled his 38 snub nose and gave it to the clerk who put it away. It seemed unusual to me but the the "guards" it seemed pretty regular.

OTOH, I was at teh court house in Taunton once for Jury Duty. Damned rentacop had me practically strip down to my undershorts before he let me go because "something beeped." Everyone got waived through as he was making sure I didn't have a WMD or something. (This was pre-01, I think.)
Had jury duty in Lynn a month ago. Made me take off my jacket and my belt and stuff them through the xray

Are they courts/feds still making people leave cell phones in their cars or deny entry?

I’m a retired fed. When we used to go in uniform to the federal courthouse in Worcester, the Marshalls would make US check our weapons before we went in. They wouldn’t check them for a normal joe.

I have a small collection of “tactical” pens that I stared carrying with a small note pad when I go to venues where other weapons are no bueno. Aside from being better than nothing, they are kind of cool and it’s always nice to have a pen on you. Olight makes a nice one with a rechargeable flashlight built in.

Oh c’mon man. We’re just busting your balls. I like you just fine! Even though I didn’t know you were wicked sensitive like a girl. But I still like you! [cheers] [laugh]
I am not. I just wanted to pass along my experiences. I had to have an meeting with some ATF investigators with my lawyer, that's another story for another time.
We had to go back to the car a secure everything we were carrying. For someone to take away my imput through Grammer takes away the helpful content

That's... That's grammar police...

I am not. I just wanted to pass along my experiences. I had to have an meeting with some ATF investigators with my lawyer, that's another story for another time.
We had to go back to the car a secure everything we were carrying. For someone to take away my imput through Grammer takes away the helpful content
Just an FYI...

"..the car a secure..." You forgot to put a "n" and "d" after the "a" to spell "and", you just put an "a".

You also misspelled "input" and capitalized and misspelled "grammar".

Simple question:
Thanks!
You practically answered your question in the last sentence.

You cannot check a weapon in a Federal building without first walking into a Federal building whilst armed. And if you try to do the latter you will likely find yourself in a bit of a jam. Best to leave it appropriately secured in your motor vehicle.

Dude really? No one took anything from you. Ya know what never mind.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Iz06nVAJc

Back
Top Bottom