Any big hunting trips planned for this season?

GOD it seems like forever since I have been hunting. I only got out once last year and I am itching to go walking in the woods again.

I might be going on a trip to N. Maine this year... should be a good time.

Adam

I am supposed to be Phesant hunting with some friends this fall. We haven't hammered down the plans yet. I hope I can still shoot my 12 guage.

Growing up, I used to get out a few times each Deer Season with my dad, the old uncles, and other Family. Stories of "Pop's Tree", "The Swamp", and other well known locations and events still come up in my family's gatherings. Alas, with the exception of my dad, who can't go trudging through the woods any longer, none of the old group remain.

Just no fun going hunting alone in my book. Miss it. Haven't even bothered to get a license since Horton's moved out of Framingham Downtown. (yeow, it's been that long now!!!!)

I've gotta get back into it. Baby due this Nov, but maybe next year.

My dad got his moose permit this year so a bunch of us are spending the week in Northern Maine. Should be a great time. It's been a while since I took a week off for hunting away from home.

Since Glenn's still rehabbing the shoulder,we'll just work our young cocker,and get her used to the brush if at all possible. I just like watching a dog work too.

My first stray hunts anything that moves in the house,the other he has no clue. He might scare whatever comes his way. [lol] They found us and are pampered babies from here on out. :D

Hey Nickle, were you bear hunting up there with Rod? Not much goes on up there other than bear and early deer season. I have been up there 4 or 5 times and really miss it. Nice country lots of game. Just watch out for the log trucks, they won't stop for you. I used to hunt with a guide who is no longer up there, got booted by the North Maine Woods. Too bad, and the other guide has gone way up on his rates. But he runs a top notch guide service. We went to St. Pamphille once to get some groceries and the guy running the U.S. border was actually from Attleborough Mass only about 45 minutes from my home town. What are the chances.

Then we were at one of his camps. We had the big one, down straight, no right turns from the road.

Really nice folks, Rod and his wife. Beautiful spot, too.

I'm not going this year, but there might be a spot or two available.

Where's Ross?

Nickle said:
Where's Ross?

Sitting in front of my computer, where else? Just got back from PT for my foot.

why do you ask?

I do not have anything I'd really like to go bear hunting with, if that's what you're getting at. My .357 is a bit marginal, I think, no matter what MA says, for bear... although it's a tempting thought.

Ross

I was thinking deer, and yes, you probably can borrow something for that. I can let you try it Labor Day weekend, and can arrange for it to be with you, if you choose to go with them to Maine.

Back
Top Bottom