• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti gun statements by gunshop employees ?????

My first emotional response is to out the damned shop. I shall neither support nor vouch for any shop who holds this particular view. My second and far more rational response is to make an "attempt" to speak with ownership to gauge their take on the matter and proceed from there. The views of the counter guy may not be congruent with that of ownership. I will certainly second (or third or fourth etc.) that I have heard some duma$$ $hit at a few LGS from both misinformed customers and employees alike.

As with another poster here I too am from W Mass and there are few good shops out here as well as a few where my money will never be spent. If owners only realized how far one would travel to support them....a different argument.

Op: please decide and report back!!

I strongly believe it is the same shop in S.E Mass where practically all of the employees, including the owner, are ex LE in one capacity or another. I wouldn't be surprised if the person who said this is the same person that tells every BFS student or shop customer that ALL Glocks are illegal for civilians to own too! The same individual also believes that the Commiewealth laws dividing what firearms civilians and LE can own are correct and sound to!
[puke]S.E.MASS LGS

My first emotional response is to out the damned shop. I shall neither support nor vouch for any shop who holds this particular view. My second and far more rational response is to make an "attempt" to speak with ownership to gauge their take on the matter and proceed from there. The views of the counter guy may not be congruent with that of ownership. I will certainly second (or third or fourth etc.) that I have heard some duma$$ $hit at a few LGS from both misinformed customers and employees alike.

As with another poster here I too am from W Mass and there are few good shops out here as well as a few where my money will never be spent. If owners only realized how far one would travel to support them....a different argument.

Op: please decide and report back!!
The owner more than likely thinks the same thing. "The counter person, whom has been there for years and I believe is related to the owner"

Was it the Deli Counter Emporium?
I don't think that the owner has any relatives working there and it isn't a hang-out for LEOs. In fact, a few years after the 1998 GCA became MA law, he had an employee who was actually blaming customers for the law. When the owner heard that feedback, said employee was terminated. I know both parties to this.

My bet is that it was a Waltham shop. That sort of philosophy would fit very well with that particular shop.

If you don’t intend to out the shop why post in the first place? The one thing I am sick of are these LEO exemptions. F them! They should suffer just like the rest of us.
[laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2]

I get it, he doesn't want to be confrontational. I support that, but what did he think was going to happen when he posted on a Pro-2A forum? If your going to post stories like this be ready to share the information.

I love hearing great stories about the business at the Mill, Northeast Arms, and other LGS. Why? So, I know where to take my business. I also want to hear the shit that happens at the other locations, so I can make my own judgment call and decide not to give them my business. Informed choice.

"experts"...LOL :rolleyes:
A big % of gun owners are solely "casual gun owners" who don't do their own research, aren't 'into guns' and just have a pistol and long gun they shoot once or twice a year, and they get ALL their info from gun shop staff.

I'm glad I found NES when I got my LTC...

Wait - you can get arrested for telling a gun shop employee to f*** off?
Not speaking in exact terms here, but if he's LE like OP says I'm sure he'd take kindly to some guy cussing him out at his shop over his opinions on gun ownership. Maybe he ought to demand his LTC and make sure he isn't in posession of an unlawful large capacity ammunition feeding device. The last place I'm going to tell somebody to F off or similar is at their gun shop

Wait - you can get arrested for telling a gun shop employee to f*** off?
No, but normally when 2 Karens meet it resolves to the lowest common denominator.

Besides, all it would take is some comment that 'could' be taken as a threat. You know you are on camera, so keep that in mind.

It's entirely possible to have a conversation in context about what the OP heard. If it was me, I'd wait until the place was empty, go in and have the conversation. No one with their back against the wall, no one taken out of context.

That means keeping yourself calm even if a retard starts spewing nonsense.

Not speaking in exact terms here, but if he's LE like OP says I'm sure he'd take kindly to some guy cussing him out at his shop over his opinions on gun ownership. Maybe he ought to demand his LTC and make sure he isn't in posession of an unlawful large capacity ammunition feeding device. The last place I'm going to tell somebody to F off or similar is at their gun shop
A gun shop owner or employee cannot demand anything from you regardless of what their other job may be. If they are deserving of a f-off, so be it. General observance of decorum governs this choice. If he then plays the LE card, then snap to attention, salute, and tell him to f-off again.

I wonder if it the same LGS (SE Mass) where the counter employee demanded to see my LTC last week to purchase cartridge gauges and gun socks...
I did mostly because I didn't feel like driving somewhere else or waiting on a mail delivery, but I probably won't be spending any more money there either. I'll find somewhere else local to buy my reloading supplies.

Back
Top Bottom