• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti gun statements by gunshop employees ?????

Outing the shop is the wrong move.

The OP did not bother to speak with the employee, therefore he doesn't know if it was some internal joke.

The OP did not bother to speak with the owner.

The OP got a raging boner to start a thread, so he did.

To out a business and cost them money, specially a gun business, because of something someone might or might not have said, something the owner might or might not support or something that might have been said as a joke, would be wrong.

OP, I am not calling you a liar, all I am saying is you could have had a conversation before posting on NES. But you didn't, so I am glad you are not outing the shop.

I was at a gun store a few weeks back, someone got a black rifle and in a sarcastic tone I said "OMG, where is Maura, those guns are not legal" ... everyone laughed, but this could have been a similar situation.

Outing the shop is the wrong move.

The OP did not bother to speak with the employee, therefore he doesn't know if it was some internal joke.

The OP did not bother to speak with the owner.

The OP got a raging boner to start a thread, so he did.

To out a business and cost them money, specially a gun business, because of something someone might or might not have said, something the owner might or might not support or something that might have been said as a joke, would be wrong.

OP, I am not calling you a liar, all I am saying is you could have had a conversation before posting on NES. But you didn't, so I am glad you are not outing the shop.
Blah blah blah, raging boner, blah blah blah.

Was it the Deli Counter Emporium?
I was the one that suggested the Deli Number thing to the owner. If you'd ever been there on a Thursday afternoon or Saturday it was pandemonium. People just mill about for a while and leave. You've got 20' of glass counter, two registers and 6 to 8 clerks with 50 people in that tiny store. I suggested several times they need a bigger space, but the owner always says that would incur more cost, thus raising the prices. Finally I gave up and suggested the Deli Number system and less than a year later it was in place. I haven't been in for a while and I only know two people that still work there and the owner. To my knowledge the owner has no family involved in the business.

I was the one that suggested the Deli Number thing to the owner. If you'd ever been there on a Thursday afternoon or Saturday it was pandemonium. People just mill about for a while and leave. You've got 20' of glass counter, two registers and 6 to 8 clerks with 50 people in that tiny store. I suggested several times they need a bigger space, but the owner always says that would incur more cost, thus raising the prices. Finally I gave up and suggested the Deli Number system and less than a year later it was in place. I haven't been in for a while and I only know two people that still work there and the owner. To my knowledge the owner has no family involved in the business.
I was the one that called Poland spring and suggested they put the water in a container. I was sick of buying it by the handful.

I was the one that called Poland spring and suggested they put the water in a container. I was sick of buying it by the handful.
Ask him, although he may not remember. It was during the Jesse Cohen cookout. I won the raffle for a SIG Mosquito. I begged him for store credit and he finally gave in, $250.00. I believe Kicker96FS & yanici were there.

Ask him, although he may not remember. It was during the Jesse Cohen cookout. I won the raffle for a SIG Mosquito. I begged him for store credit and he finally gave in, $250.00. I believe Kicker96FS & yanici were there.
I'm just busting balls. And even if I lived next door I would be too lazy to ask.

I've seen some interesting shit at that shop. I tell noobs not to go there unless they know exactly what they want. I tell them go to a smaller shop with a better clerk to customer ratio so the clerk can spend some time with them, it's worth the extra 15% + that they'll pay. I just missed the time Shaq was in there buying a hammerless revolver. The highlight of my 100's of visits was about ten years ago, I got to meet LenS. We were the only two in the store with two wheel hand trucks.

I've seen some interesting shit at that shop. I tell noobs not to go there unless they know exactly what they want. I tell them go to a smaller shop with a better clerk to customer ratio so the clerk can spend some time with them, it's worth the extra 15% + that they'll pay. I just missed the time Shaq was in there buying a hammerless revolver. The highlight of my 100's of visits was about ten years ago, I got to meet LenS. We were the only two in the store with two wheel hand trucks.
Here he is with a 500
Adobe_20230103_225248.jpg

Back
Top Bottom