• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another youth gone bad?

Jamie

NES Member
Holy Crap! This isn't good.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jfUUCNd8ljeuLU4Qr3BF_5pwHXlwD96GL0PO0

WAMPUM, Pa. (AP) — Fifth-grader Jordan Brown boarded the bus and headed to school like he did most other mornings in this rural western Pennsylvania community.

But before he left home on Friday, authorities say, the 11-year-old boy had shot his father's pregnant fiancee in the back of the head as she lay in bed. He then put his youth model 20-gauge shotgun back in his room before going out to catch his bus, police say.

Brown was charged Saturday as an adult in the death of 26-year-old Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo said. Houk's fetus died within minutes due to a lack of oxygen, Lawrence County Coroner Russell Noga said.

Houk's family and friends, who gathered at her parents' house Saturday night, told The Associated Press that there had been past problems with the boy.

"He actually told my son that he wanted to do that to her," said Houk's brother-in-law, Jason Kraner. "There was an issue with jealousy."

Pennsylvania State Police found Houk's body in the rented farmhouse after her 4-year-old daughter told tree cutters on the property she thought her mother was dead, Bongivengo said.

The boy told police there was a black truck on the property that morning — possibly the man who feeds the cows — sending investigators to follow a false lead for about five hours, Bongivengo said. Inconsistencies in Brown's description of the truck led police to re-interview Houk's 7-year-old daughter, who implicated the boy in the killing, Bongivengo said. State troopers went to get the boy at school.

"She didn't actually eyewitness the shooting. She saw him with what she believed to be a shotgun and heard a loud bang," Bongivengo said. The gun was found in a "location we believe to be in the defendant's bedroom."

Brown was arraigned and was being held in the Lawrence County Jail, with a preliminary hearing scheduled for Thursday.

"An 11-year-old kid — what would give him the motive to shoot someone?" said Houk's father, Jack Houk. "Maybe he was just jealous of my daughter and the baby and thought he would be overpowered."

Defense attorney Dennis Elisco said he plans to ask Monday for the boy to be released on bail and for the case to moved to juvenile court. Elisco and police said they had no clear motive for the shooting.

Elisco said he is waiting to see physical evidence that ties his young client to the killing.

"I don't think he knows what's going on," he said. "I walked out of there thinking he was innocent. I believe Jordan did not do this."

The boy's father, Christopher Brown, is "a mess" and had no indication his son had a problem with Houk, Elisco said.

"He's in a state of actual shock and disbelief," he said.

The shotgun used is designed for children and has a shorter arm and such weapons do not have to be registered, Bongivengo said. Jack Houk, 57, said the boy and his father used to practice shooting behind their farmhouse, and the two enjoyed going hunting together.

Wampum is about 45 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

Granted, this is a tragic story, but when it comes to guns and gun laws, the MSM always finds a way to show their ignorance.

The shotgun used is designed for children and has a shorter arm and such weapons do not have to be registered,

What part of the shotgun is the "arm" as used in this context?
The buttstock maybe?
I'm sure this reporter couldn't find his "butt" with a funnel.

And how does a shotgun with a "shorter arm" fall into a different classification than one with a "regular size arm"?
If it's chambered to fire a shotshell, it's still a shotgun, no matter how long the "arm" is. As far as registration requirements, that's a matter of state law. If the state requires it, then it has to be registered just like any other shotgun, regardless of the length of the "arm".

The problem is, moonbats are going to read this story and believe that it's perfectly legal for children to walk into a gun shop and buy a shotgun and it won't need to be registered.

Last edited:
are they suggesting that youth guns encourage kids to shoot people?

Good point.
This will probably lead to a ban on the manufacture of youth size rifles and shotguns, claiming that these are "adult" items and unsafe for children.
Just like the ban on kid size clothing items that feature the logo of beer or hard liquor companies.

i am sure that's next...and hell...i use youth shotguns...so that would suck

in any event, this little murderer is supposedly being charged as an adult, but we'll see.

when i was 11, i didn't dare cuss, nevermind kill someone [rolleyes]

i am sure that's next...and hell...i use youth shotguns...so that would suck

in any event, this little murderer is supposedly being charged as an adult, but we'll see.

when i was 11, i didn't dare cuss, nevermind kill someone [rolleyes]

bingo...

there is more to this story IMO.

having a kid with ADD/ADHD, I have to monitor him for signs of aggressive behaivor.

once in a while, he'll test the waters and gets put in his place fast....

IMO - this kid has some serious psychiatric issues. it's sad that they even mention that it's a "youth" rifle... but what else can we expect?

are they suggesting that youth guns encourage kids to shoot people?

Good pickup.

That is exactly what the MSM arm of the Obama revolution is doing. It wouldn't surprise me to see them use this "event" to try to ban "youth" guns.

This government loves "events". They've used to the current economic event to push through (without reading it) the current "stimulus' bill that pumps cash into all kinds of moonbat left-wing institutions.

Look for them to use a future "event" to push through the next AWB and/or ammo serialization bill.

The kind of gun the kid used is irrelevant. what matters is that this kid was told to kill another human being and followed though with it. I'm pretty sure when I was 11 if someone told me to kill someone I would have said no f***ing way.

The kind of gun the kid used is irrelevant. what matters is that this kid was told to kill another human being and followed though with it. I'm pretty sure when I was 11 if someone told me to kill someone I would have said no f***ing way.

Exactly. At that age you should know right from wrong especially when it comes to someones life.

I think you misread the story. There is no suggestion anyone else told him to do it. Not that it's any better either way.

It is his teachers fault when she didn't spend that 5 extra minutes with him. It's TVs fault for making it seem like it was acceptable. It is everyones fault, except the parents and the kids fault.

Blame will be passed around to everyone EXCEPT the guilty parties, which IMO are the boy & his father.

Too bad for the girl & her baby....very sad.

Granted, this is a tragic story, but when it comes to guns and gun laws, the MSM always finds a way to show their ignorance.

What part of the shotgun is the "arm" as used in this context?
The buttstock maybe?
I'm sure this reporter couldn't find his "butt" with a funnel.

And how does a shotgun with a "shorter arm" fall into a different classification that one with a "regular size arm"?
If it's chambered to fire a shotshell, it's still a still a shotgun, no matter how long the "arm" is. As far as registration requirements, that's a matter of state law. If the state requires it, then it has to be registered just like any other shotgun, regardless of the length of the "arm".

The problem is, moonbats are going to read this story and believe that it's perfectly legal for children to walk into a gun shop and buy a shotgun and it won't need to be registered.

Careful...you'll ruin their perfectly good argument by throwing some of that "logic" crap in the mix. There is absolutely no place or reason for logic in the MSM.

Nope, not the kids fault, it will end up being the FATHERS fault for forcing the "poor lad" to shoot guns when all he wanted to do was be an artist. His teachers will say he was a "quiet kid" so the gun MUST have made him kill, after all, no one just MURDERS someone! It HAS to be the guns fault! (Moonbat hat comes off)

Guaranteed a lawyer gets this kid into state custody and into a foster where he relates stories of torture from GF and father, neglect and other abuse. Having a gun "laying around" will be portrayed as the real reason why this tragedy happened. That or they will try and implicate the father or other child as the killer and he is just taking the fall.

Sorry but if a dog went berzerk and did this we would put it down, I see no difference. This kid is a danger and should never be able to do the likes again. Life in prison never means life in prison, death penalty is surest way.

Fox 25 just reported the story. At least they got it right and referred to the weapon as a "Youth Model Shotgun". But the crime could have just as easily been comitted with a ball peen hammer or a golf club. But it wasn't, the dirtbag used a gun, and now all gun owners will suffer while Obama, Holder and the MSM smile. [frown]

[sad2]

The antis will be banging the drum on crap like this, to have more dumb laws pertaining to "safe storage" or whatever bullshit they can invent. [thinking]

-Mike

How much you wanna bet that criminals now think that you can buy a "youth shotgun" in Mass. I can see it now- grown men thinking that they will be able to run around with mini shotguns.

This is a very disturbing case. I'm reading about this on fox and all they seem to talk about is the poor boy and how he's a victim of a dysfunctional family. Give me a break.

"He actually told my son that he wanted to do that to her," said Houk's brother-in-law, Jason Kraner. "There was an issue with jealousy."

That little tidbit might have been more useful a day earlier.

This is a very disturbing case. I'm reading about this on fox and all they seem to talk about is the poor boy and how he's a victim of a dysfunctional family. Give me a break.

Understandable. Today, personal responsibility is unheard of. You have NO "personal" responsibility. Everything, no matter what, is always the fault of :
1. Society
2. Being misunderstood
3. Those evil "rich" people
4. Racial discrimination
5. Religious discrimination
6. Evil folks who "commander" your mind and logic and common sense.

Grin, "thought" is passe'. Whatchu mean, "Think"? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom