Another ‘No Knock’ killing

Delete if dupe.

Thought this was a continuation of the last no knock warrant served where a fella who wasn’t part of any investigation shoot at police and was killed.

Nope!

This happened Wednesday and was incredibly similar. Fella sleeping on a couch with a gun is woken up by a no knock warrant brigade and shot and killed. He was apparently not named in the warrant. I don’t know many details other than that he apparently had no criminal record and was legally ‘carrying’ (sleeping with?) the gun.

View: https://youtu.be/tOWzzS-yyZg

Edit- the other instance I was thinking of was in January in Las Vegas.

This is a perfect example of why "qualified immunity" needs to buried in the depths of hell. This was a home invasion followed by murder. "Wrong house". How the f*** do you get that wrong in 2022? You're telling me since the advent of "wrong-house-raids", police departments have not come up with any system to ensure that they have the absolute correct address? It's such a travesty that an innocent life was lost due to pure negligence. And then police departments cover up eachother and hide behind legal protections.

What a joke. These things have happened for decades. But the introduction of cameras everywhere have exposed them to the limelight. There needs to be some serious police reform, starting with eliminating qualified immunity. You'll see things change real quick in no time.

In the eyes of the whole world, on television and through social media they let looters and people that burn buildings down walk away. And even those who cause physical harm to others walk away while they shoot legally armed citizens in bed. Maybe we should all think about that the next time we go to bed. Where do you keep your firearm?

Yes, QI is a travesty and needs to be ditched. Officers who pull triggers in no-knock raids are obviously liable for the deaths they cause through their poor target discimination.

But.

So are the watch commanders who order those no-knock raids, knowing how dangerous they are for the citizens.

And.

So are the judges who don't think carefully enough about the constitutional questions of no-knock raids. They're supposed to be the check and balance on the executive, after all.

The solution goes further than simply nuking QI, which is LONG overdue. Overzealous watch commanders need to be culled, and so do lazy judges.

Yes, QI is a travesty and needs to be ditched. Officers who pull triggers in no-knock raids are obviously liable for the deaths they cause through their poor target discimination.

But.

So are the watch commanders who order those no-knock raids, knowing how dangerous they are for the citizens.

And.

So are the judges who don't think carefully enough about the constitutional questions of no-knock raids. They're supposed to be the check and balance on the executive, after all.

The solution goes further than simply nuking QI, which is LONG overdue. Overzealous watch commanders need to be culled, and so do lazy judges.
No knock warrants are a clear violation of one's 4th amendment rights, period. That's why they need a Judge to sign off on it, which they always do. It's just a long standing position and belief that government, and Judges in particular, can simply sign away anyone's Constitutional rights with the stroke of a pen. It's bull shit. The Constitution was written to PREVENT government FROM writing off our Constitutional protections with the stroke of a pen.

If they can do that to this guy then what's to prevent them from eventually doing this to all of us?
It is the whole point of it. Storm the property and execute anybody inside who looks like to be capable to resist.
And why would they be training to do that, hmm… must be just an honest mistake, scout’s honor!

But.

And.

It doesn’t need to be nuked, but it does need to be seriously revamped…. But the people that think everything is black & white in terms of this stuff are a huge reason I got out.

It is the whole point of it. Storm the property and execute anybody inside who looks like to be capable to resist.
And why would they be training to do that, hmm… must be just an honest mistake, scout’s honor!
Hey! As long as they don't make that same mistake in my house, I guess it's okay.

realistically there will be a wrong house no knock at some point that goes really bad for the leo's and I think that is what its going to take for them to reevaluate the actions. Dropping a dude on the couch in a blanket isn't causing em any problems because they all went home at night to their families.

Boot lickers coming into this thread with "he shouldn't have been hanging with people who have no-knock warrants" or "why is he sleeping with a gun" or "why didn't he follow orders, PSGWSP" in 3-2-1........

realistically there will be a wrong house no knock at some point that goes really bad for the leo's and I think that is what its going to take for them to reevaluate the actions. Dropping a dude on the couch in a blanket isn't causing em any problems because they all went home at night to their families.

I feel like right house wrong guy is just as bad. If you’re there for a specific person and he’s not there, your intel sucks. Also, how dumb are these f***ers that the possibility of a gun fight in an apartment/condo setting is worth any risk?!? Surveil, and apprehend in a transitional space with the same level of force. Still overwhelming and far less risk of, I don’t know, shooting innocent people on the couch??
What do I know though, I’m just a normie who’s fallen asleep on the couch with a sidearm within reach.

If they can do that to this guy then what's to prevent them from eventually doing this to all of us?
Nothing.....Ask the Mayor of Berwyn Heights, Maryland how the wrong address no knock worked for him after they killed his two dogs.

If they can f*** up raiding a Mayors house, no one is safe.

20000 no knocks served every year.....

Last edited:
Fortify your doors people!
Not that this helps apartment-dwelling plebs like me, but if you are lucky enough to own your own home, check it out

Nothing.....Ask the Mayor of Berwyn Heights, Maryland how the wrong address no knock worked for him after they killed his two dogs.

If they can f*** up raiding a Mayors house, no one is safe.

20000 no knocks served every year.....
Hey! At least those guys have the decency to knock before they shoot you. But with the no-knock warrants, you never see it coming.

The use of no-knock warrants has been completely corrupted and the issuance of them needs to be stopped. The original purpose of the no-knock was to prevent drug dealers from disposing of evidence, usually by flushing it down the toilet. In this case the warrant was originally request by the St. Paul police investigating a homicide in their city. They requested a standard search warrant and, per usual for police requesting a warrant in another jurisdiction, asked the Minneapolis police to execute it. The Minneapolis police refused to execute it unless it was reissued as a no-knock (St. Paul has not used no-knocks for several years). In order to get Minneapolis police cooperation, St. Paul went ahead and changed it to a no-knock, even though there was no danger of evidence being destroyed.

There was no justifiable reason for a no-knock and the cops who executed it did a poor job. Their biggest fail was that they were all shouting at once. Other than the initial call out of “POLICE”, which the victim probably didn’t hear cause he was asleep, all you could hear was a bunch of shouting, nothing distinct. Then the one cop kicks the couch the guy is sleeping on completely upsetting him. The one thing you’ve got to admire is the victim's trigger discipline. In the stop action shot of the gun you can see he didn’t have his finger on the trigger but had it along the slide as you should when not on target.

This was an epic fail from the judge who approved the no-knock down to the cops who executed it.

Fortify your doors people!
Not that this helps apartment-dwelling plebs like me, but if you are lucky enough to own your own home, check it out

Shit, I would settle for their "cheap door"... The door on your average home offers little more resistance than a piece of cardboard.

Back
Top Bottom