• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Annual inspection of all guns owned, what could possibly go wrong....

I thing I'll buy a Nitro Express, let them test fire it, then sell it to my brother, let them test fire it, have him sell it, let them test fire it, sell, test fire, sell, test fire, etc, etc, etc.

They'll get to test fire it (at $120 per round) every ten days, or 36 times a year, for a grand total of $4,320 per year in ammo costs.

Group buy anyone?

Funny, and obviously I need one because reasons, but you know they're just going to end up charging you for the privileged of having it inspected.

What possible purpose would test firing serve, to anyone? It's just stupid and deserves to be called out as such.

What if, say, you've got a new old stock Colt Python in pristine unfired condition, or some other such collectibles, which would lose value as soon as even ONE round goes through them? Who's gonna go through all that?

And like every gun free zone, the "gun violence" will still be present for some odd reason. Moonbats will not be able to figure out why and their heads will explode.
That would be great if their heads would explode but sadly they won't and they'll just blame it on the states that still have guns.

I wonder what the educational requirements for the person that inspects your guns? Will it be a high school graduate that goes by the motto "It's who you know and blow" to get on this police force. Or will they have a Ph.D's in metallurgy plus being an Armorer for the military. A chemical engineer for black powder guns. How about electron microscopes to check for metal fatigue? Maybe magnaflux the frame? No it will be a high school graduate with the feeling and need to hold power over you.He will have a huge gut from eating way to many doughnuts and hemorrhoids from sitting on his butt. Oh probably a wife beater too>

This would end up you have to pay the inspector, which will probably be one of Chins friends, and supply the ammo for the pointless test fire.

Of course the real intent is seizure and the true view of the left is that self defense using a firearm actually violates the civil rights of the perpetrator, it’s really unbelievable.

I think they should be going to all the homes of people that aren't registered firearm owners first.
I bet they find way more illegal weapons in those homes than that of the current law abiding firearm owner![rofl]

Think of how many they would find in the worst parts of this state!:D

By the time they get around to registered firearm owners we will all have died of natural causes.[coffee]

Again people, the intention of this has nothing to do with serving any purpose other than to harass gun owners. Don’t overthink it.

Collectibles? Non-functioning firearms? Rare calibers? Antiques? Who’d do it? How’s it even possible? What about damage, loss, etc? All utterly irrelevant. The person who came up with it doesn’t care.

Again people, the intention of this has nothing to do with serving any purpose other than to harass gun owners. Don’t overthink it.

Collectibles? Non-functioning firearms? Rare calibers? Antiques? Who’d do it? How’s it even possible? What about damage, loss, etc? All utterly irrelevant. The person who came up with it doesn’t care.
Truth. [thinking] Prepare to have the values of your pristine (including unfired) collector guns destroyed. [angry2]

I think they should be going to all the homes of people that aren't registered firearm owners first.
I bet they find way more illegal weapons in those homes than that of the current law abiding firearm owner![rofl]

Think of how many they would find in the worst parts of this state!:D

By the time they get around to registered firearm owners we will all have died of natural causes.[coffee]
I like that idea! And we can billet a soldier in every 3rd house so as not to have to inspect it again. Maybe they should wear red coats so to distinguish themselves.

really? because I don't see that "carve out."

The bill would insert Section 123A, which specifically excludes "primitive" firearms:

MGL C.140 §121

The provisions of sections 122 to 129D, inclusive, and sections 131, 131A, 131B and 131E shall not apply to:

(A) any firearm, rifle, handgun, or shotgun manufactured in or prior to the year 1899;

(B) any replica of any firearm, rifle or shotgun described in clause (A) if such replica: (i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or (ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade;

The bill would insert Section 123A, which specifically excludes "primitive" firearms:

MGL C.140 §121

The provisions of sections 122 to 129D, inclusive, and sections 131, 131A, 131B and 131E shall not apply to:

(A) any firearm, rifle, handgun, or shotgun manufactured in or prior to the year 1899;

(B) any replica of any firearm, rifle or shotgun described in clause (A) if such replica: (i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or (ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade;
THANKS. Not that I really care. I escaped that cesspool 6 years ago.

THANKS. Not that I really care. I escaped that cesspool 6 years ago.

I doubt if they even realize it. And it's not like it makes the slightest difference to us. But I was happy to see a glaring hole in their foolishness.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Jefferson

I would certainly hope, if this idiocy passes, that the people would ignore it and not comply.

She got her name on this one too...
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H3782

Section 122 of chapter 140 of the General Laws is hereby amended by adding the following paragraph:-

Every person licensed to sell, rent or lease firearms shall, for each firearm, contact the Massachusetts State Police Crime Laboratory Ballistics Section to test-fire the firearm, photograph the firearm and prepare ballistics reports based upon their examination to be submitted to along with the make, model, serial number, caliber, barrel length, and gun surface finish for the gun transaction to the Massachusetts Instant Record Check System and Firearm Records Bureau. After the gun information has been entered, every licensed person shall contact the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

And this one...
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H3781

No handgun shall be delivered unless the purchaser, transferee, or person being loaned the handgun presents a handgun safety certificate to the licensed dealer.

wtf is a handgun safety certificate?

And the 30 day wait...
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H3780

So all those weapons that were recorded on blue cards ( in Mass ), which were compromised will become very valuable, as there is no history
Only ~30K blue cards were destroyed. Info from the first FRB Director in a private conversation.

Every PD will need an additional $3Million a year to hire 1 guy to do these inspections.
No way they have the staff, expertise and tools to do this. MCOPA will see this as DOA.

It will never fly. Most police departments don't have a range to test fire on. No club in it's right mind will say sure use our private range and private property, to look for reasons to take our guns. Many towns don't have a club with a range either. Good luck when town A PD asks to use town B's club for this crap. They'll need a whole additional police force to test fire all of these guns. I know for sure that my little town has 1000's of guns, that would need to be tested annually and that's just my little town. I also know one street about 1/4 mile long, that has at least 350 guns owned, within it's 1/4 mile length.There just aren't enough hours in a year to test them all and no where to do the test firing for many. I hope all of the proposals are this poorly planned and thought out, with no way to reasonably implement.
Exactly. And as I prepared to move my guns to Free America I came to the realization that most of my C&R rifles were never cleaned (cosmoline) or tags removed when stashed in my safe. Try firing them without extensive cleaning and someone is likely to get hurt.

Well, if it passes, I'm gonna volunteer for the job.

I'm starting my training today...

"Nice AR buddy!"
"Sweet AK dude!"
"When can we go to the range with that thing. I'll buy the ammo..."
"How do you like that red-dot?"
"Come on buddy. Duct tape!? Fail. Call Magpul, they'll send you a new screw..."
"Sure. Thanks, cream with 2 sugars."
"Is your sister over 18...?"

Last edited:
Exactly. And as I prepared to move my guns to Free America I came to the realization that most of my C&R rifles were never cleaned (cosmoline) or tags removed when stashed in my safe. Try firing them without extensive cleaning and someone is likely to get hurt.

The plot thickens.

The idea was actually conceived and orchestrated in the background by a diabolical coalition of the PR dept at Hoppes and the Massachusetts Minutemen as a joint effort to increase the market penetration of Hoppes in this area AND to increase the readiness of of the unorganized militia by essentially forcing them to ensure that all their firearms are in proper working order.

Sublime.

The plot thickens.

The idea was actually conceived and orchestrated in the background by a diabolical coalition of the PR dept at Hoppes and the Massachusetts Minutemen as a joint effort to increase the market penetration of Hoppes in this area AND to increase the readiness of of the unorganized militia by essentially forcing them to ensure that all their firearms are in proper working order.

Sublime.

What would be really sublime, is if everyone JB-welded their firing pins at full-protrusion...

What would be really sublime, is if everyone JB-welded their firing pins at full-protrusion...

True story. I have this French Army carbine, maybe 100 yo. Gave it a once over, noted something significant but harmless, took it to a car shoot. Had a hilariously enjoyable time watching people try to shoot it. Without a firing pin.

Other than that it was in pristine condition. Never fired, dropped once.

Well I moved out of that state (and dumped all my guns in the Merrimack River while on the way to NH and passing through Lowell) so it's all a moot point, but...

I'm wondering how they would test some of the stuff I have (umm... I mean used to have... thanks Merrimack River!) I had several still covered in cosmo and never fired, so those could be interesting. The stripped lowers could also be interesting to try to fire, without any of the other parts. Plus, I took possession of several guns my father used to own, one of them being this civil war era breach loader thing with some antique style of trigger that doesn't even move properly and I have no idea how to fix. The badly corroded revolver could also be a problem, although I'm guessing it might fire... who knows, I wasn't going to try it in case it explodes, but if the MA authorities want to give it a try, I'll stand back at a safe distance and see what they can make that thing do.

I guess they could just pass a law that all guns must be in working order and cleaned. Although I don't know how to get everything into a working order. And, the stripped lowers would require being built first. So, MA would have to have required I build all lowers into functioning guns, thus increasing the number of "assault weapons" in existence. Oh right... the Maura edict... I'm not sure how that would factor into building a new gun from a lower just so they can test fire it.

Back
Top Bottom