Annual inspection of all guns owned, what could possibly go wrong....

Fine. Then we get to inspect police armories once per year, upon request. Make, model, finish, caliber and serial numbers of all police-owned firearms become public record under FOIA. 10 round magazines only. No short barreled rifles or shotguns. No select fire or full auto weapons. No more military weapons given to civilian police departments. Good for goose, good for gander.

The inspection will include test firing. Who will compensate me for the decrease in value of my unfired WWII Commemorative Pacific Theater Colt 1911?

This was my first thought...all those ‘unfired’ ads in the classifieds gonna be getting a whole lot cheaper!

Look at the bright side?...maybe it’ll ‘force’ us to shoot our safe queens more? :D

Don’t worry though, if you refuse to let them shoot it, they’ll just confiscate and ‘dispose’ of it for you...in their safe...at home.

If I get to supply the ammo, I might cook up something fun for them on the press...buy a sacrificial lamb Taurus and give that to them first for ‘testing’.

I’d REALLY like to see them try and enforce this on @The Goose or @NavelOfficer ...all the custom ammo and wildcats those guys have!?!?!?! The cops would be so damn lost, they wouldn’t even know where to start trying to obtain ammo for their guns.

Last edited:
Is this one of those that will never see the light of day crazy bills? It does have a hearing date.

Edit: I see Goal is calling this a rare August hearing.

Last edited:
Fine. Then we get to inspect police armories once per year, upon request. Make, model, finish, caliber and serial numbers of all police-owned firearms become public record under FOIA. 10 round magazines only. No short barreled rifles or shotguns. No select fire or full auto weapons. No more military weapons given to civilian police departments. Good for goose, good for gander.
Unfortunately, we are not gander. We are peasants, not equal with the ruling class.

Is this real life ?

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H3783

"
Bill H.3783
Chapter 140 of the General Laws is hereby amended by inserting after section 123 the following section:-

Section 123A. A person in possession of a firearm shall annually submit the firearm for inspection by the licensing authority issuing a license or permit for such possession. Firearm inspection shall include, but not be limited to, a live fire and a visual test at a location designated by the licensing authority. Upon passing an inspection, the licensing authority shall issue a certificate of inspection for each firearm. Firearm inspection certificates shall be renewed by the end of the month in which the certificate expires.

Upon the initial purchase, rental or lease of a firearm an inspection of the firearm pursuant to this section shall be completed within 10 days of the purchaser’s receipt of the firearm.

Every person in possession of a firearm licensed or permitted in the commonwealth shall carry a current firearm inspection document issued by the licensing authority pursuant to this section.

This section shall not apply to: (i) a firearm possessed by a state police officer pursuant to section 19 of chapter 22C; (ii) a firearm possessed by a city or town police officer as authorized by such police officer’s appointing authority pursuant to section 98 of chapter 41; or (iii) a firearm possessed by an authorized person pursuant to section 8A of chapter 147."

I thing I'll buy a Nitro Express, let them test fire it, then sell it to my brother, let them test fire it, have him sell it, let them test fire it, sell, test fire, sell, test fire, etc, etc, etc.

They'll get to test fire it (at $120 per round) every ten days, or 36 times a year, for a grand total of $4,320 per year in ammo costs.

Group buy anyone?

Thats the way it should be, but they'll send you away with a dick in your ass and no quarter in your hand.

If you people don't realize that you are at war, you will never win.

I believe this is their end game before outright confiscation.
No, this IS confiscation.

The PD is required BY LAW to process licenses within 40 days, but many towns are backed up almost a year. That's for some cop to sit on his ass in front of a computer and punch in your info.

This law requires you to "annually submit the firearm for inspection". So you submit it, and they never get around to inspecting it. How long until every gun in town is sitting in the police station "for inspection"? Look at the RMV processing out of state violations. They threw them in a box and ignored them until the shit hit the fan. (Now they're suspending licenses that were suspended out of state and already reinstated).

If you don't submit your firearms for inspection, you will go to jail. If the PD doesn't get around to inspecting them, nothing happens.

Confiscation complete.

No, this IS confiscation.

The PD is required BY LAW to process licenses within 40 days, but many towns are backed up almost a year. That's for some cop to sit on his ass in front of a computer and punch in your info.

This law requires you to "annually submit the firearm for inspection". So you submit it, and they never get around to inspecting it. How long until every gun in town is sitting in the police station "for inspection"? Look at the RMV processing out of state violations. They threw them in a box and ignored them until the shit hit the fan. (Now they're suspending licenses that were suspended out of state and already reinstated).

If you don't submit your firearms for inspection, you will go to jail. If the PD doesn't get around to inspecting them, nothing happens.

Confiscation complete.

Who is liable if you drop it off for inspection and they "lose" the gun or give it away to someone-else.

Are you then in double trouble if the gun is used in a crime?

Typical of a group that delights in not thinking anything through.

This isn't passing. If it passes, it will be a complete boondogle and no one is going to submit their firearms for inspection. This is where civil disobedience comes into play... either that or move out of the state.

Is there any evidence that anyone in the commonwealth has ever been killed by an improperly functioning weapon? Otherwise, what is the purpose of the inspection? Who's liable for damages if guns are dropped or there's a gouge in the receiver, etc.?

Is there any evidence that anyone in the commonwealth has ever been killed by an improperly functioning weapon? Otherwise, what is the purpose of the inspection? Who's liable for damages if guns are dropped or there's a gouge in the receiver, etc.?

I am sure they will say that you are entitled to their market value of your firearm if you say it is damaged. Just pull 3 values from buybacks and they will give you the average of them. So if your receiver gets dinged, you can sell it to them for $100! What a deal!

The counter would be that if it is cost of replacement, and its something you moved into the state with the cost would be the amount required to move out of state, live somewhere else, rebuy, and move back. Of course they would have a fit if they had to pay that because they damaged a mundane handgun.

Good point
Is the commonwealth responsible for liability if the weapon blows up or caused personal injury after their " inspection "?
We know the answer, it's a rhetorical question

The UK and Ireland have home inspections for firearm storage, of course they don't have a bill of rights like us. The EU has a bill of rights.... sort of........You have the right to do what the government tells you to do.

This might create the only legitimate use I can think of for 3D printed plastic guns. Not plastic guns which might on a good day last for 10 or 15 shots, but plastic guns which will never survive a single use. I foresee them in magnum calibers. And all this time I thought there was no possible use for firearms made from printed plastic.

I can already hear people saying "sure, you can fire that one if you want to."

Yeah - I was thinking something similar. "Oh Mr. Officer, I just made this here 50BMG rifle out of some Home Cheapo tubing, using a file and a hacksaw. Could you "inspect" it for me? I'll just be waiting over here behind this nice big maple tree."

Last edited:
There's so much stupid to unpack......but lets start with the test firing crap. I am genuinely confused what problem they're trying to solve? Did they just think "regulate like car durrr safety" and just figured since cars need inspections stickers so do guns?

Not many people own 25+ cars but I bet plenty on here own that many guns. Just imagine doing that bullshit for each one every year lol even the most anti of anti gun dummy has to chuckle at some of these.

Do they clean them after? Do I have to show them how to load the black powder guns that I have? They better clean those. For the first time I'm going to quote Hillary Clinton....RESIST!!!!

Back
Top Bottom