An Update on GOAL, The Foundation, and TOM

It sucks that I took three classes there this year before the split happened. Oh well, at least my raffle money is making it's way into good hands now. Eddie, thanks for clarifying some earlier threads. I was a little disgruntled with what I had previously read. This has cleared up a lot of questions I had and made me feel more secure in where my money is going.

OK, so TOM still exists and the MSF is making money.
Do Jon Greens classes bring in cash directly to GOAL?
The instructors listed do not financially benefit MSF?
I'm glad GOAL is independent of the the old foundation and anticipate great things.
A proud day for Jim, Bob P, Russ and other NES members who made it happen

Thanks for the info.......

Thanks too the folks that took care of this mess.

I would say to anyone that wants to join GOAL to sign up on the "easy-pay" life membership plan, I did it and I have been a life member for around a year now.

Here's the info: http://www.goal.org/joingoal.html
Click that link then go to the Life Member section.

OK, here it is also:

Please call to inquire about Life Membership Opportunities, we have easy payment plans and would be glad to set up a payment schedule that suits your needs.

Sustaining
$750.00

Benefactor
$1500.00

Patron
$3000.00

Please call our Membership Director, Tara 508-393-5333 x22 to discuss options and plans in detail.

Last edited:
Great write up EC!!

You should check their website.

Cool they have a gun buyers guide!! But it cant find the page

My computer wont locate this

file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/michelle/Desktop/THE%20OUTDOOR%20MESSAGE/The%20Outdoor%20Message%20V2/my%20TOM%20website/buyers%20guide.html

This just pushed me off the off the fence. Just re-joined after a long absence. Thank you all for doing the right thing. Standing on the sidelines and bitching is easy. What you folks did is extremely commendable. I have voted with my wallet.

Thanks for the very informative and thorough information in the OP.

And thanks to everyone who raised concerns, shared information here, and joined forces to move GOAL toward a better place.

OK, so TOM still exists and the MSF is making money.
Do Jon Greens classes bring in cash directly to GOAL?
The instructors listed do not financially benefit MSF?
I'm glad GOAL is independent of the the old foundation and anticipate great things.
A proud day for Jim, Bob P, Russ and other NES members who made it happen

Answers:

Yes, TOM exists, but now GOAL doesn't pay the lions share of its operating costs anymore. If MFS has people giving them money, best of luck. MFS has nothing to do with GOAL.

Jon Green is a salaried instructor paid by GOAL, all monies from courses he conducts goes to GOAL.

The instructors listed on GOAL's website, with the exception of Jon, are freelance. When conducting courses under the GOAL flag, the collected monies goes to GOAL.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to join or upgrade your membership in GOAL.

Joe

Last edited:
Answers:

Yes, TOM exists, but now GOAL doesn't pay the lions share of its operating costs anymore. If MFS has people giving them money, best of luck. MFS has nothing to do with GOAL.

Jon Green is a salaried instructor paid by GOAL, all monies from courses he conducts goes to GOAL.

The instructors listed on GOAL's website, with the exception of Jon, are freelance. When conducting courses under the GOAL flag, the collected monies goes to GOAL.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to join or upgrade your membership in GOAL.

Joe

Just a clarification:

Jon Green is a GOAL employee so when he does a class for GOAL, the money goes to GOAL.

When a freelance instructor teaches a class, GOAL doesn't keep all the money. Most of it goes to the outside instructor.

So What does the Massachusetts Shooters Foundation do?
Are Mike and Michelle still raking in the bucks?

If the goal of the Mass Shooters Foundation is to further our 2A rights, then we wish them nothing but success.

The money part of it is no longer any of our concern.

Last edited:
When it comes right down to it, this is an example of how one person an make a difference.

Although it could not have happened without NES, the fire would not have started if Bob P didn't strike the match.

Joe

Jon Green is a nice guy, he came to our club when we held the WOT Program, very good Instructor [thumbsup]

When it comes right down to it, this is an example of how one person an make a difference.

Although it could not have happened without NES, the fire would not have started if Bob P didn't strike the match.

Amen!!

Jon Green is a nice guy, he came to our club when we held the WOT Program, [STRIKE=undefined]very good[/STRIKE] Superb Instructor [thumbsup]

I disagree . . . so I FIFY [wink]

Many of us are very good Instructors, Jon is a cut above!

Bob P had to work very hard to get that fire going. Lots of people, including me, took quite a bit of convincing.

Jim thank you for the post this clears up a lot of question that were still outstanding. I am a GOAL member and a club rep. As time allows I will get more involved with GOAL Thank you for your service to GOAL MikeL

Back
Top Bottom