an attempt at something cool...

so ive been thinking (which is scary so watch out)

with the skyrocketing price of ammo...im gonna buy whats necessary and sit on it for awhile to see if the price ever comes down

with that being said...the cheapest thing to shoot right now is clearly .22

i have a ruger 10/22 but its not exactly what id call a "fun gun"

anyone that knows me knows i love EBRs and anything that is "tacti-cool"

so while perusing forums and auction sites i says to myself "self...you should shoot more .22...but only if the 10/22 didnt look so wimpy"

then i thought back to the thread where someone posted a picture of their 10/22 krinker plinker

so heres my dilemma:

should i buy a krinkov kit and a new 10/22?
right now thats looking like the best option...the kit is $290 and the gun is $190

to me thats cheaper than buy a .22 upper for my ar...or even buying a whole .22 ar
http://bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/az-c1522lr.asp

cuz the way i look at it is i wont be limited to just 10 rounds...i can get preban 25 rounders and make my range sessions a lil more fun and lot less expensive!

I run the ciener kit in my 10.5 and 14.5 AR's and it works perfect for what I am doing with it. Teamed up with my Sig mosquito I now shoot around 1700 rds of 22 a week. 22 conversion kits are def worth the money and are real fun.

Though I haven't seen the kits personally, I think that if it looks good and shoots good, it is good. It would not be my personal choice, but if it works for you then what the hell right? I personally like some of the "tricked out" 10/22's I've seen - heck I used to own one.

RGR-025.jpg

I like my Ciener .22 bolt. I wish I could find some high cap pre-ban mags for it though.

The MG42 kits look pretty cool but I don't think you'd be able to shoot high capacity stuff in them. It'd be great if they were belt fed.[grin]

Bloodhound, If you want to try the Krinker Plinker before you spend the money, I'll bring mine along to the group shoot for you to try if you are going. It really spices up shooting 22lr.

100_1206.jpg

I've replaced the Aimpoint with a low profile Bushnell Holosight. Works great.

Wow! That does look really cool. Makes me want to spend money...Oh nevermind what doesn't make me want to spend money...

Rockrivr, think I could try it at the shoot?

ya rockrivr id def like to put a mag or two through it at the shoot!

what kind of mag do you have in that one? i just got a 25 rd one with the plastic feedlips

Sorry for the minor hijack here, but I was wondering, if you built the dual 10/22 gatling, and sold it would it require TWO FA-10s to do a FTF?

myruger1022pn1.jpg

This is what my 10/22 aspires to be. Mine is something like a 1974 and I let the barrel get a little rust on the outside of it :( so this will be what I do when I get some change in my pocket.

This one is pretty cool too if you want to spend the $$ on SBR paperwork (5" barrel w/ silencer).
titleiiredneck5ingmbbltwz4.jpg

*Neither of these are mine - downloaded and then hosted myself on ImageShack. If they are yours and you don't want me to have them up here please PM me and I'll remove them...just admiring your work.

Every once in a while Midway will have a stock/barrel combo deal. Nice way to dress up a 10/22 on the cheap.
IMG_0334.jpg

Now to order up 5k rounds from CMP...

Every once in a while Midway will have a stock/barrel combo deal. Nice way to dress up a 10/22 on the cheap.

Now to order up 5k rounds from CMP...

Does the cat think it's a mouse gun?

10/22 are fun little guns to modify. This is what I ended up doing to mine

tigerstripe.jpg

Just when my boner had gone away... Schwing! There's that pic again.[smile]
I swear, one of these days I'll trick out a 10/22 in that way. Only I'm thinking either urban tactical camo or something very crazy where my auto body skills will come in handy like flames and ghosting pearl effects.
Hell, at the price of a 10/22 plus custom plastic stocks. I can do both this winter. [smile]
It may just beat boiling off cosmolene over the wood stove in late January.[wink]

Tapco T6

Brownells has just started carrying THIS:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=24361&st=100-003-109AA&s=50632

"Mfr: TAPCO WEAPONS ACCESSORIES

Rugged, Adjustable Design Improves Shootability With No
Gunsmithing Required

Patterned after the original M14/T6 pistol grip design but
with modern updates that make this stock easier to hold and
shoot. Improves the fit for both the rifle and the shooter
with its six-position, push-button adjustable buttstock for
fast, simple changes in length of pull. Stock includes an
easily replaceable straight stock extension for better
alignment with optics and an angled stock extension that
provides unrestricted use of factory or aftermarket iron
sights. SAW-style pistol grip includes internal storage with a