• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

American Guns TV Show (Gun Smoke)

I saw that, and I LOVED that the sniper rifle came paint job had a high gloss finish. Nothing like the shine off your stock giving away your position. [rolleyes]

Are police marksmen really that concerned about "giving away their position" ?
They are not field craft stealth experts
They are not operating behind enemy lines
They are not taking a shot and then having to sneak out of a hostile enviornment without being spotted
They are generally not worried about return fire following an engagement.

When the police deploy marksmen, aren't they really hoping that knowing there are marksmen out there will demoralize the suspect and assist in negotiations? Wouldn't you want them to be able to see that there are marksmen deployed?

Are police marksmen really that concerned about "giving away their position" ?
They are not field craft stealth experts
They are not operating behind enemy lines
They are not taking a shot and then having to sneak out of a hostile enviornment without being spotted
They are generally not worried about return fire following an engagement.

When the police deploy marksmen, aren't they really hoping that knowing there are marksmen out there will demoralize the suspect and assist in negotiations? Wouldn't you want them to be able to see that there are marksmen deployed?

Well, if this bunch isnt worried about being seen, why are they wearing camo, and looking to take 1000 yard shots?

Had never heard of this show, but it was playing on the TV at the car shop when I was having some work done. I laughed out loud when the guy asked for a zebra paint job on his M&P, but I think it actually came out looking pretty good (except for the sparkles............)

The .44 did look good and I even kinda like the gold post. This was one of the better shows IMHO.

Well, he is under quite a bit of pressure all the time. You know, since Eotech's are so hard to get. [rolleyes]

That one made me wanna puke!!! Any idiot with a credit card can get one of those!!! And am I the only one that though a: I'd want to shoot something bigger than a m16 from a helicopter and b: why not make a removable mount rather than a fancy vest with only some ostracized keeping a novice from hitting your rotors( aka the thing keeping u in the air) I would have rather just an hour watching one of the gunsmiths assembling the m16... But that's just me!

I love the business deal he made:

You provide the million dollar helicopter, I provide the M16 (what is that, like $5K?), and we split the income from the business.

Is it just me or does Paige wear less and less each episode. It's like Rich is whoring her out for raitings, I'm not personally complainging, but if that was my daughter on national TV...no way.

The .44 was pretty cool, but I'm sure it was another fake story, guy seemed like a pretty good shot and they let him acutally shoot the targets amd hold on to the gun!

I still watch, but I laugh at almost everything they all say. All the drama amd the test fires, too much haha

I frequently have people guess how much money is in my wallet, and if they are right, I give it to them.

My secret is that I never have any money in my wallet.

I love the business deal he made:

You provide the million dollar helicopter, I provide the M16 (what is that, like $5K?), and we split the income from the business.
He's not just providing the M16, he's also providing the Gunsmoke name and that makes up the rest. What place would someone that don't know any better want to go XYZ gun/helicopter flights or Gunsmoke gun/helicopter flights.

Its tv, guys. The producers want them to look like high rollers. However... I would probably pay $2,000 for a pink polka dotted Mosquito if I had Paige's sweater puppies wagging in my face. No wonder her sales numbers are up...

At least Paige was back to wearing a tank top and shorts.

Could you imagine if the guy had lost the shoot out and would have to pay $3k for the 1911?

Its tv, guys. The producers want them to look like high rollers. However... I would probably pay $2,000 for a pink polka dotted Mosquito if I had Paige's sweater puppies wagging in my face. No wonder her sales numbers are up...

Tough to tell but Paiges look as fake as her mothers!

You forgot to mention that the rig they used to mount the M16 is a SteadiCam Rig which runs around $50,000. I have used one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBj6rTesY2M

Holy hell. I never would have guessed they were that much.

And Ikarpuska makes a good point about the brand name. I hadn't considered that.

Now back to discussing Paige's bod...

Back
Top Bottom