• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

American Guns TV Show (Gun Smoke)

I always wondered where this guy gets all his money from. After watching the show last night and seeing his daughter attempt to charge someone $1,700 for an M&P 45 with a trigger job and a Zebra paint job I now know where his money comes from. The customer talked her down to $1,500 and bought it.

sounds alot like a Redjacket 2,000.00 AK. I don't know if I could take someone serious as a gun owner if they had a zebra stripe firearm in thier collection, unless it is a camo pattern like the M1A tiger stripe paint.

Everything they buy is low-balled so badly a blind guy could see a bad deal. And everything they sell might as well be made from 14k gold. Forget highway robbery, they are rapists.

Last episode I saw they sold a Mossberg MVP and a S&W Governor with some minor gun-smithing and engraving to a dude for $8000. (talked down from 10K). Seemed like quite the bargain.

Cut them some slack, if someone is stupid enough to pay over $4000 for an S&W Governor with some fancy custom engraving, it's their money.
Yeah, I think they charge WAY too much for their stuff, but they have a pretty high overhead too, those helicopters are expensive to operate.

[rolleyes]

Most of those "customers" are probably plants anyway. And you can tell when the owner and store employees are reciting lines that they rehearsed. Reality tv is not reality. Except for Cops.

plus your missing the point....all these shows are scripted! its crazy how there is no reality in reality tv.

funny me and the wife were just talking about this same subject at dinner I would not pay those prices. Hey if he can sell it and people buy it good for them I guess.

Yea I loved when they broke down the prices: $800 for the paint job, $100 for the trigger job, and $500 for the gun itself. No way is that paint job worth $800?? But then again there is an ass for every seat!

I had to look up the MSRP on those guns when he quoted $10K and settled for $8K. If you're crazy, there's...maybe...$1500 worth of gun there. So, $6.5K for bedding and a trigger job and some of the world's shittiest engraving? (Sorry, that kid is a friggin' butcher)

The only thing I can think is that they intentionally keep the pricing high to keep tire kickers from wasting all of their time when the cameras stop rolling. I know the Pawn Stars guys had to pretty radically change their business due to the notoriety from the show. Maybe Rich wants to avoid 100 calls a day from people looking to pay $50 to get their revolver engraved.

I always wondered where this guy gets all his money from. After watching the show last night and seeing his daughter attempt to charge someone $1,700 for an M&P 45 with a trigger job and a Zebra paint job I now know where his money comes from. The customer talked her down to $1,500 and bought it.

what about the 20K rifle?

or the 7K the guy paid to have a mossberg and a S&W governor? All they did was a trigger job on each, cut down the barrel of the mossberg rifle and do some glass bedding. $7K--If people really pay that, then they are out of their minds.

The best was the rich dude in the big house that had been to Africa a 100 times and had 2 rooms full of trophies, but had to sell 4 rifles to go back to Africa again. He ended selling 5 rifles, one of them was worth around $50K, and he sold all 5 for $50K.

It is sad how they dont even attempt to make it look real anymore.

Last edited:
Most of those "customers" are probably plants anyway. And you can tell when the owner and store employees are reciting lines that they rehearsed. Reality tv is not reality. Except for Cops.

I have always found it funny that the cops always get exhausted in the chase scenes but yet the guy hauling the camera around either keeps up or even beats them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

They seem to love their alcohol too. You see the bar he has set up in his office? Probably have a drink every time they rip someone off with those prices!

One thing I noticed, is when they deliver the gun to the owner to shoot. After
they fire it, the guy grabs the gun out of their hands. WTF is up with that?
I would probably butt stroke him for attempting that with me.

Malodave

Malodave

I noticed that too.

Malodave said:

Malodave

He is the expert, plus what do you expect if you haven't settle the bill. [laugh]

Fun cost money.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom