• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amazon Smile and Comm2a quarterly report. Also, USE THE APP:) Thanks JJ4 in post 6!!

Just got the below. Lady Radtekk and I have our regular stuff (vitamins, household products, etc) on subscription. Stuff shows up automatically, we get a discount, Comm2a gets money... And everything else we buy through them goes on the link also. Easy, and Comm2a gets money...

Dear Radtekk,

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc, recently received a quarterly donation of $740.27 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:
$8,457.67 to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc
$156,109,909.51 to all charities
Thank you for supporting Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.

AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping App on Android. See how to activate here.
Go to smile.amazon.com

This notification reflects the charity you were supporting as of November 24th.

Didn't know I could use it with the app. Just turned it on

I didn't know this either!

Instructions to turn on Smile in the App:

Short version:
  • Open app
  • Open menu in top left corner (three horizontal lines)
  • Select Settings
  • Select AmazonSmile
  • Follow prompts to turn on in app.
This must be turned on manually for each phone even with shared accounts.

Last edited:
I'm responsible for $0.73. Considering I only spent $140 I guess that's not too bad.

Just enabled mine, wasn't aware you could use it on the app.
Didn't know I could use it with the app. Just turned it on

The best part, since the app s*cks for shopping. Go to your computer, add everything to your cart, then open the app and check out from the app.

Takes one second and you donate to Comm2A.

700+ in a quater. How much are you guys spending with Amazon? Holy crap.

Lol, I spend a lot on Amazon, I live a half hour away from the nearest store and it's a Wal-Mart full of crack heads. Wayyyy easier to buy shit on Amazon and have it on my front step when I get home. Long as the price is close to the same as what I pay in a store, it's the only way to go, especially when you figure in the time saved, and sometimes things are actually cheaper on Amazon anyway.

Just wish I knew it worked on the app a long time ago.

When I had a purchase card at work I used to use the link as much as possible - until someone noticed it and got unhappy

I didn't know this either!

Instructions to turn on Smile in the App:

Short version:
  • Open app
  • Open menu in top left corner (three horizontal lines)
  • Select Settings
  • Select AmazonSmile
  • Follow prompts to turn on in app.
This must be turned on manually for each phone even with shared accounts.
I never knew that I had to turn it on using the app. Glad I read this

I never knew that I had to turn it on using the app. Glad I read this
App? I do all my stuff on the computer.
I often start out on the Smile thing, but it somehow gets added to the cart at Amazon again, then I miss it on checkout somehow. I swear I've tried many times, but I'm not actually sure if I've ever bought anything that contributed. It is the most backward way of doing things.

Oh, and a moderator should merge with this thread:

App? I do all my stuff on the computer.
I often start out on the Smile thing, but it somehow gets added to the cart at Amazon again, then I miss it on checkout somehow. I swear I've tried many times, but I'm not actually sure if I've ever bought anything that contributed. It is the most backward way of doing things.
Yea in the site you have to go to a special link. I donated .22 so I know I almost never do it right

Here's one I got about 2AF. They list a different amount than the original post above on the line about what they sent to all charities, but let that go.

" This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support a charity of your choice every time you shop, at no cost to you. Your charity, Second Amendment Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $16,750.60 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

• $168,541.32 to Second Amendment Foundation
  • $183,120,221.33 to all charities "

You’re right. Weird I got

recently received a quarterly donation of $1,017.66 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

$9,475.33 to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc
$169,850,767.10 to all charities

OH! So that quarterly report is what Comm2A got from JUST MY PURCHASES?! Didn't know I was so generous! (maybe we shop too much on Amazon...)

OH! So that quarterly report is what Comm2A got from JUST MY PURCHASES?! Didn't know I was so generous! (maybe we shop too much on Amazon...)
so, no, that amount is everyone's purchases.
Oops. Evidently I have not been properly using the Smile thing. Need to fix that ASAP!

Git this yesterday.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification to inform you that Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc received a new donation of $1,270.94.

Thanks to customers shopping at AmazonSmile, everyday purchases generated over $200 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

See AmazonSmile's impact to date:
• $11,836.80 to Commonwealth Second Amendment Inc 

• $198,636,544.70 to all charities in the US 

• $215,721,458.97 to all charities worldwide

I had a guy doing a bunch of work on my Jeep (engine swap). He's a former client and prohibited person. (Became prohibited before I represented him). So I set up an amazon account for him to order parts. He'd load up the shopping cart, and I'd log in, add my credit card, ship the stuff, and remove my credit card.

He got the same email as above.

I guess he had some experience as a gunsmith. He seems like a nice guy, but he drinks and does stupid shit.

for those that don't like using your phones, but keep forgetting to use smile...

You can add everything to your cart in the computer. Then open your phone app which can be set to open automatically to Smile and check out.

Back
Top Bottom