Am I "WRONG" for wanting to buy a gun at DICK'S?

When I asked for 9mm, the kid behind the counter asked me what that translated to in inches. Confused by his question (not thinking someone who sells guns could be that stupid) I asked him what he meant. His response "All of these appear to be written in inches .40, .45, .22. I don't see any that have the metric conversion written on them."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY67XaX6oM8

I hear you - try working there...Not only do I have to deal with the book constantly in my reach, but I also have a ProDeal list as well...The Benelli was bad enough - everything from Savage to CZ's are calling my name...

It's a great little catalog of fun and adventure...Everything from A to Z - guns, to optics...It's a bad book...[wink]

I'll cut you a helluva deal if you cement this damned cap back on...[cheers]

That is a sweet ride...Is it as accurate as it looks? Did you get it in .223, or another caliber?

Mine is the .223 and it is pretty accurate. Here is the first target I shot with it. Keep in mind that this was a new unbroken in barrel and I was using Bulk (Ultramax reloaded) ammo. This was 50 rounds@100 yds.

target2.jpg

Mine is the .223 and it is pretty accurate. Here is the first target I shot with it. Keep in mind that this was a new unbroken in barrel and I was using Bulk (Ultramax reloaded) ammo. This was 50 rounds@100 yds.

target2.jpg

Not too shabby at all...I have been begging corporate to get some of these rifles in, along with some Mini-14's. One of our customers bought one on .30 Remington. It's not a stellar cartridge from what I've read and he has had a time getting ammo, but he brought in a 200-yard group and I was amazed at the groups he was getting.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for a good long distance rifle (sniper type) to have fun with. That R-15 looks nice and the Rem 700 is one that I hear of often. I'm going to go by dicks and probably FS. Anyone have any advice? Inexpensive is key, especially with a decent scope...thanx...

I heard a horror story about some guy who bought a rifle at Dick's and it was the wrong one. They didn't let him see it until he bought it and then refused to return it or something like that. I think it was maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

If you buy it, make sure it actually has the trigger you want.

I have no problem buying from Dick's. I'd rather buy from a local dealer, but it doesn't make sense to spend a significant amount of extra money somewhere else.

That happened to me about two months ago, but they immediately took it back. I then went to another Dick's and got a great deal on a better version of the same rifle (Savage Mark II, but this one was a bull barrel target version, for $200)

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for a good long distance rifle (sniper type) to have fun with. That R-15 looks nice and the Rem 700 is one that I hear of often. I'm going to go by dicks and probably FS. Anyone have any advice? Inexpensive is key, especially with a decent scope...thanx...

It depends on what you consider inexpensive. I paid $950.00 for my R-15 minus the scope and mount (that combo was another $420.00) Since I don't know what your planning on spending all I can tell you is that my R-15 is an excellent long range rifle.

Decided to post here rather than start a new thread.
FWIW, I was looking to buy a 10/22 for my son for his christmas present. Knowing what he likes I knew he would prefer the synthetic stock with stainless barrel. I searched a few local shops and couldn't find one. I made the trip to DSG and they had them in stock. Admittedly the purchase was a little slow but I have to say that overall it was a good experience. The clerks were pleasant and the manager was a nice guy. They also handed me a flyer which save me a few bucks on the gun. The manager and I laughed about the fact that he had to wait in line with me and that he couldn't hand me the gun until I was outside the store.
If you're counting - I ended up paying about $10 more than the price that Four Seasons advertises.

Go to your local dealer and ask them to do better one the price. There is no harm in asking and most times they will move on the price.

Chances are that your local dealer won't make any money when matching a chain's sale price. If you want to support the local dealer, buy the gun where you can get it cheapest, and buy all the accessories from the local guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom