Alabama is not too happy with Massachusetts

Mike S

NES Member
full story

This is very indicative of how messed up our system has become, we have Greg Girard who has committed no crime in jail being held without bail, meanwhile, this women is free to continue killing at will.

Outrage is boiling over in Alabama at Massachusetts authorities for failing to corral alleged spree killer Amy Bishop 24 years ago when the Braintree woman shot and killed her brother.

“We’re very angry,” said Jennifer Davis, whose brother-in-law’s wife, Maria Ragland Davis, was one of three killed in Friday’s massacre at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. “(Bishop) took someone’s life. If (Massachusetts officials) knew she had problems, maybe they could have done something. Look how many lives were taken.”

Jennifer Davis recalled Maria Davis as a “good stepmother” and “sweet wife” who helped Davis’ brother-in-law raise his three kids after his first wife died.

Bishop, 44, shot and killed her brother, Seth, in Braintree in 1986 but was never charged. She also wasn’t charged with menacing two people with a shotgun in Braintree after the shooting, an allegation noted in Braintree police reports that were apparently never shared with state police or the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office.

“It sounds like your citizens are as upset about it as ours are down here,” Huntsville police Sgt. Mark Roberts said. “If (Massachusetts authorities) had done what they were supposed to in the beginning, this might not have happened.”

U.S. Rep. William Delahunt, who was Norfolk district attorney at the time, ruled the shooting of Bishop’s brother accidental. But in recent days, authorities unearthed a now-deceased captain’s file in the Braintree police station that contained crucial information. Delahunt is in Israel but will review the explosive case when he returns this weekend, a spokesman said.

“There was information that was not made available to the state police and the District Attorney’s Office that was very significant,” Delahunt spokesman Mark Forest said. “These are very serious questions that need to be addressed.”

And more details were revealed yesterday, including that a Massachusetts judge ignored prosecutors and refused to order Bishop into anger management in 2002 after she admitted to striking a fellow mom in the head in a Peabody pancake house flap over a kids’ booster seat.

Judge Robert Ronquillo Jr. said through a spokesman yesterday he “gave the appropriate disposition based on the facts presented to him at the time.”

Those facts included an International House of Pancakes manager telling Peabody police a profanity-spewing Bishop “was acting like a crazy person.”

Ronquillo continued the case without a finding for six months, after which the charges of assault and battery and disorderly conduct were broomed from her criminal record.

Bishop is charged with killing three colleagues at UAH and wounding three others in a rampage possibly sparked by the school’s refusal to grant her tenure. Her lawyer, Roy Miller, did not return calls seeking comment.

Maryland wasn't too happy with Massachusetts back in the 1980s, when Mike Dukakis' weekend-furlough program for even the worst criminals allowed convicted murderer Willie Horton the opportunity to skip town and visit that state and terrorize a young couple. He was able to repeatedly rape the wife and severely beat the husband, both of whom are lucky to still be alive. One thing about Alabama, though: they have the electric chair and are not afraid to use it.

God rest the soles who were killed in Alabama. This appears to be a self important moonbat who was never set straight, never held down a real job and snapped when her guarantee of a lifetime of academic ease was denied. If she had stayed in Mass. she'd be the dept. head of some Universities hugely over funded do nothing group. Rather than being told to move on.

Ummm - how the hell does Delahunt represent MA by being in Israel?

He doesn't......but I'm sure the trip was paid for by us.

Montana thanks us as well for sending them the pedophile Nathaniel Bar Jonah......

I'm sure there's a huge list of aholes we let go so we could focus on jamming up law abiding gun owners.....

I'm not sure Delahunt is even gonna try...he's on the list of maybe's that got created when Scott won.

Besides...no one on this site would vote for him.

That's just fine if he doesn't run for re-election, just vote for Jeff Perry he's rated A+ by GOAL, that would tweak the libs hard [wink]

Last edited:
Of course MA doesn't recognize reciprocity with Alabama because MA assumes that AL is too lenient with its gun laws (like every other state outside MA).

MA would seem to have some leniency issues of its own!

Of course MA doesn't recognize reciprocity with Alabama because MA assumes that AL is too lenient with its gun laws (like every other state outside MA).

MA would seem to have some leniency issues of its own!

Yup that's MA for you. Tough on citizens, lenient on criminals.

Ummm - how the hell does Delahunt represent MA by being in Israel?
Congresscritters routinely go on junkets^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hfact finding trips overseas, usually paid for by some non-profit organization.

There was a great letter to the editor in today's Globe:

To cop after cop, details of ’86 case don’t pass stink test

The story of the 1986 investigation of the Amy Bishop shooting in Braintree will resurrect bad memories for many police officers in Massachusetts. Most cops can recount their own stories that will contain some element of the Braintree investigation.

Massachusetts has a long tradition linking criminal investigations and politics, a tradition that is highlighted by incidents such as Raymond Patriarca’s release from prison with the help of a member of the Governor’s Council. More recently, blatant corruption has been replaced with a more subtle approach such as legislators acting as defense counsel for organized crime figures.

I remember a conversation I had with a defense attorney who couldn’t decide whether he was talking to me in his capacity of defense counsel or as a member of the Massachusetts Legislature. The public has come to accept these events, and rank and file police officers don’t stand much of a chance in opposing these shenanigans.

The cops I have spoken to regarding the news reports of the so-called accidental shooting in Braintree have all reacted the same way. They have, to a man, said the story doesn’t pass the stink test.

I have asked myself why, after more than 10 years in retirement, I feel compelled to write this letter to the editor. The only answer I can muster is that maybe reopening the 1986 Amy Bishop case will, in some small way, discourage another similar incident.

Robert L. Cerra
Auburndale
The writer is a retired Massachusetts state trooper.

"Massachusetts has a long tradition linking criminal investigations and politics, a tradition that is highlighted by incidents such as Raymond Patriarca’s release from prison with the help of a member of the Governor’s Council."

While I was living in Florida briefly about 12 years ago, some Florida-native friends set me up on a blind date with a girl who was also from the Boston area. We met for drinks and the conversation went something like this:

Me: "So, you grew up in Massachusetts?"

Her: "Yes, in the North End, actually."

Me: "Wow, that's great. What do you do?"

Her: "I run the family bakery."

Me: "Cool........ What's your last name?"

Her: "Angulo. I am a little embarrassed to say this, but you may have heard of my dad."

Me: "Check please...."

True story.

While I was living in Florida briefly about 12 years ago, some Florida-native friends set me up on a blind date with a girl who was also from the Boston area. We met for drinks and the conversation went something like this:

Her: "Angulo. I am a little embarrassed to say this, but you may have heard of my dad."

True story.
OMFG!

"Massachusetts has a long tradition linking criminal investigations and politics, a tradition that is highlighted by incidents such as Raymond Patriarca’s release from prison with the help of a member of the Governor’s Council."

True story.

Angulo? can you elaborate a bit on this? I am guessing it has to do with gang crime, but dont know anything specific.

Back
Top Bottom