AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

How much will you charge to make me one. I dont have the right tools to get the perfect measurements

Nope, not going down that road again. Been there, done that with the triggerguard jigs. I posted a pic of the one I made back around 02-03. I imeadiately got a few requests to make more. I figured what the heck, I'd make a run of 10 for sale. Before I knew it, I had hundreds of orders. Of course back then there was nobody else making them. I could not keep up with the demand and stopped taking orders that was in 2006

Fortunately, right about that time a fellow by the name of Curtis was in the process of opening up an AK building supply company (akbuilder) and started advertising on gunco. He asked if I had any problem with him selling TG jigs at gunco. Not only did I not have a problem with it, I turned over my waiting list to him. LOL

Hopefully u made some good money. At least enough to fund some builds lol

Back then that AMD-65 kit you are looking at was selling for $79 and that was for an all matching numbers kit with an intact original barrel. Mutts were @$59 but still came with OE barrel.

Fyi to those interested. I'll be bringing my miller tig welder if anyone needs anything welded (muzzle brakes, rails...etc. I don't have any jigs to line up the rails though so that's on whoever wants to go the 80% route.

How much will you charge to make me one. I dont have the right tools to get the perfect measurements

Buy me stock And what you think it's worth after you watch me build it .

Fyi to those interested. I'll be bringing my miller tig welder if anyone needs anything welded (muzzle brakes, rails...etc. I don't have any jigs to line up the rails though so that's on whoever wants to go the 80% route.

Drill but fur spacing.

Question for the knowledgable. I have two opposing views on 922r for a Bulgarian '74. Is the brake a compliance part?

One says yes, it's a brake. The other says no because it attaches to the sight base and the barrel isn't threaded.

Question for the knowledgable. I have two opposing views on 922r for a Bulgarian '74. Is the brake a compliance part?

One says yes, it's a brake. The other says no because it attaches to the sight base and the barrel isn't threaded.

Don't think to hard lol. It's still a muzzle device. The fsb acts as a sleeve. For the wider threads.

Barrel and receiver are american .
Trigger get the tapco trigger 3 parts . They offer a single or double hook . I like double hook but if your receiver isn't slotted for it you'll have to add the cut.

Get a muzzle device.
If you go ak74 style. research it a lot of them look like the real deal on the out side but inside its different .

Swap the piston if you want the out side to look the part. (Or stamp usa on it lol )
Or swap the grip or stock .

Last edited:
Trigger get the tapco trigger 3 parts . They offer a single or double hook . I like double hook but if your receiver isn't slotted for it you'll have to add the cut.

Get a muzzle device.
If you go ak74 style. research it a lot of them look like the real deal on the out side but inside its different .

Swap the piston if you want the out side to look the part. (Or stamp usa on it lol )

What are the functional differences between the single & double hook triggers?

Double hook offers a redundancy that the single hook doesn't. If one side breaks, you will still be shooting as if nothing happened. One is none, and two is one.

It also offers a more stable, equally pressured trigger, as both sides have pressure equally, instead of just one side having all the pressure.

I have plenty of metal cutting dremel discs for cutting the extra slot in any receiver that needs it.

Double hook offers a redundancy that the single hook doesn't. If one side breaks, you will still be shooting as if nothing happened. One is none, and two is one.

It also offers a more stable, equally pressured trigger, as both sides have pressure equally, instead of just one side having all the pressure.

I have plenty of metal cutting dremel discs for cutting the extra slot in any receiver that needs it.

Nothing for redundancy
just spreads the sear surface to both side vs one. Better trigger feel takes the twisting force off the trigger pin axis .

Nothing for redundancy
just spreads the sear surface to both side vs one. Better trigger feel takes the twisting force off the trigger pin axis .
That's exactly it... But there is still a redundancy. Maybe a "fail safe" is a better way of putting it? Lol... Not that I expect one hook to just break, but with a double hook you'd still be throwing lead down range if it did happen.

Get a muzzle device.

Yeah, gonna swap out the pistol grip. Cheapest part for the '74. Put a Tapco slant brake on my Maadi.

Ok, so there are still a few that never got a vote in for the shirt design, but due to current numbers, their votes would no longer affect the outcome. Design #1 (Bolt on breast pocket area, AK on back) is the winner, by a large majority.

I've kept updating the main post with info on who wants a shirt and what size they need. I need everybody that hasn't told me yet, to tell me their desired size. Then I can get a quote on the shirts, put some fundraiser money into the mix, and let you guys know how much everybody needs to pay for their shirt.

These are the guys I still need a size from:
warwickben
DudeAbides

These are the guys that haven't let me know if they want a shirt yet, or what size it would be:
MrJingles
silva218

I will be bringing the Harbor Freight welder with AKBuilder tips. If you get the Childers Guns 80% heat treated receiver and rails, you'll be good to go. We'll align/weld the rails and drill the holes in a matter of minutes. Think about if you're going to paint or blue your 80% receiver because you'll need to do that before assembly.

I will be bringing the Harbor Freight welder with AKBuilder tips. If you get the Childers Guns 80% heat treated receiver and rails, you'll be good to go. We'll align/weld the rails and drill the holes in a matter of minutes. Think about if you're going to paint or blue your 80% receiver because you'll need to do that before assembly.

Wouldn't it already being heat treated make it to hard to drill? Just asking as I know applying heat to metal hardens it and hardened metal can be hard to drill. This will be my first build so idk if I'm right or wrong when it comes to the receivers. Also, what kind of paint should be used to coat my receiver?

Truthfully, none, You'd never even know the difference without popping the dust cover off and looking inside.

In case one hook breaks? [laugh] let me know as soon as that happens.

Truthfully, none, You'd never even know the difference without popping the dust cover off and looking inside.

In case one hook breaks? [laugh] let me know as soon as that happens.
I found one in my kit, and swapped into my psl . I just found after polishing that trigger it was little less gritty.

Wouldn't it already being heat treated make it to hard to drill? Just asking as I know applying heat to metal hardens it and hardened metal can be hard to drill. This will be my first build so idk if I'm right or wrong when it comes to the receivers. Also, what kind of paint should be used to coat my receiver?

I'll bring a few that will laugh at the heat treating .

Back
Top Bottom