• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Add Shaw’s to the list

quinnjalan

NES Member
9C9B6325-7E21-4C0F-B67E-63A049F634C4.jpeg 9D804199-35CB-4263-8699-0C32FBFCAF1D.jpeg Not that I go shopping often, but I needed to pick up a few items and now I found another reason to dislike Shaw’s. Apparently they went anti and removed all those nasty disturbing gun magazines....the paper type that is.

However, I happy to say that Tide Pods are on sale! Quick, run out and buy a ten pack as we can’t be trusted with any more....

I wonder if the supermarkets order the mags individually or just have a service that stocks the mags, takes away the old ones, and bill the store a portion of the price for the mags sold. If so, it could either be the distributor, or the store specifying a different mix.
What will we read on the shitter?
Well, that's how I learned SQL.

I wonder if the supermarkets order the mags individually or just have a service that stocks the mags, takes away the old ones, and bill the store a portion of the price for the mags sold. If so, it could either be the distributor, or the store specifying a different mix.

Well, that's how I learned SQL.

"Shitter SQL" should be the name of a journal, or at least a column in CACM.

I go to Shaws/Star Market quite often, their magazine rack has always been pretty sparse compared
to the one at Stop & Shop, which is at least 4-5 times that size. I don't recall if Shaws/Star even
carried firearms magazines like S&S used to (and the S&S I go to used carry a half dozen or more different
offerings). Maybe it's a store location thing?

I picked up a magazine and saw the price and put it back. Print media is almost dead, cant believe it is still around.

I haven't even bought or read an actual magazine or newspaper for at least 25 years or more.
Every now and then while I'm waiting for the GF to finish up something, or I'm just killing time,
I'll pick one up, thumb through the pages then put it back. And you're right about the price,
when I do pick one up and look at the price my reaction is 'you've got to be f****** kidding me, people
actually pay good money for this shit'. I'm amazed that they've lasted this long, but as long as
people keep on buying them, they'll keep on publishing and stocking them.

Same goes for paperbacks and 75% off hardcovers. Not that I have anything against actual books,
but who the f*** buys them at a supermarket?

Last edited:
View attachment 225482 View attachment 225483 Not that I go shopping often, but I needed to pick up a few items and now I found another reason to dislike Shaw’s. Apparently they went anti and removed all those nasty disturbing gun magazines....the paper type that is.

However, I happy to say that Tide Pods are on sale! Quick, run out and buy a ten pack as we can’t be trusted with any more....

Ihavee always lookd for them, but never found any, at shaws/star in Medway. So, I ould not say there they went anti and removed them, because they never had in first place. Are you saying the store in your pic had them in the first palce, or are you just bitching to bitch? Thanks

Ihavee always lookd for them, but never found any, at shaws/star in Medway. So, I ould not say there they went anti and removed them, because they never had in first place. Are you saying the store in your pic had them in the first palce, or are you just bitching to bitch? Thanks
They had a few the last time I was there...I’d say 3 or 4 weeks ago. The store was built about 7 years ago and always had gun mags.

This is true in some stores. I wrote about it in the other thread on the same subject. It is the same for Greeting Cards, too. I knew a retired couple that had a Route-of-racks to keep boredom at bay and for some extra cash.

View attachment 225482 View attachment 225483 Not that I go shopping often, but I needed to pick up a few items and now I found another reason to dislike Shaw’s. Apparently they went anti and removed all those nasty disturbing gun magazines....the paper type that is.

Who cares????

All mags in every supermarket are vendor-stocked. They stock what sells in that location.

Someone with their ear to Shaw's management told me that the only magazine guidance they've ever received, was that the SI Swimsuit Issue should be behind a smoked cover, because thongbutt.

My Shaws never carried them. Their magazine selection is shit anyhow, but I get American Hunter and Guns and Ammo in the mail anyhow. I'm pretty sure I haven't paid for G&A for about 2 years, but they keep sending it to me, so meh.

Back
Top Bottom