• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Add Shaw’s to the list

there's a small grocery chain in mexico we can order from that ships to the u.s., for now. the gun mags are in spanish though.

Serious question. How many people are actually buying those gun magazines? In fact I wonder how many people are walking into the grocery store and picking up Backpacker magazine or a Danielle Steele paperback?

I will usually buy one to read on a plane. Since I've experienced about 50% of the time, internet access doesn't work when the plane is equipped with it, I need a backup. After all two is one and one is none.

Serious question. How many people are actually buying those gun magazines? In fact I wonder how many people are walking into the grocery store and picking up Backpacker magazine or a Danielle Steele paperback?
Many people do buy those gun magazines and the others. The stores would not waste space on the racks if they were not selling.

And, I know this is difficult for you and some others to grasp, BUT there is another world of thoughts, opinions and feelings outside and different from your own. We on NES are not the center of the universe. . .

When I was a kid I would take my allowance money and buy Soldger of Fortune and American Survival Guide at Shaw’s. I’d even bring them into school to read them.

Maybe alarmist and reactionary, but not fake news -- just false news.

Newsracks are constantly re-set, especially in grocery stores. What will sell and what won't is a constant gamble -- for the vendor, not the store.

The current model is called "scan-based trading". Stores tell the vendors they can stock the racks with their magazines and/or newspapers, but they're not inventory. The store doesn't pay up front. Instead, the vendor gets paid based on how many get scanned at the checkout, and the store keeps their portion. Out of date issues either get tossed, or the vendor can take them back.

Back
Top Bottom