Active shooter situation reported at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

“This reported incident occurred during a normal, scheduled installation exercise which included an active shooter scenario at a separate location in Area A,” officials said in the release.

“Upon investigation, it was determined that the incident at the (medical center) was not an actual Active Shooter incident.”

Officials said a 911 call was made by an individual who believed there was a “real-world” incident at the base hospital.

o_O

Still boggles my mind that our armed forces aren’t allowed to open carry on base here, and are told to hide in place and wait for local police to handle it. Whaaat?

Should be just the opposite, everyone’s armed, first sign of a shooter and the gates get locked. No one out, no one in, let them hunt and kill the MF and leave his body outside the main gate for the coroner. Done.

Still boggles my mind that our armed forces aren’t allowed to open carry on base here, and are told to hide in place and wait for local police to handle it. Whaaat?

Should be just the opposite, everyone’s armed, first sign of a shooter and the gates get locked. No one out, no one in, let them hunt and kill the MF and leave his body outside the main gate for the coroner. Done.
Want a funny story? When I was in Iraq we weren't issued guns for 3 months, when we got them we were issued one magazine that was to be placed in a pouch on the butt stock and only loaded into the weapon if attacked. Then when we entered certain places on base we had to turn our weapons over to Ugandan PMCs guarding the place who had newer weapons than we did.

Jesus. Ya I’ve heard similar stories from people. I wonder if that was just an affect of the last administrations hatred of the .mil, and if it’s gotten better under the new admin.

Buddy of mine (former Ranger, was contracting) pistol whipped a Ugandan soldier almost to death in Iraq who tried to make him turn over his weapon on post.

Company had to fly him out of the country that night before he was put in some shithole jail somewhere.
He is now the only person I know that is legit banned from Iraq. lol

I can only speak from an Air Force perspective on this. The AF has a love/hate relationship with guns as tools but an absolute hatred of gun training and it shows in the way some airmen handle their weapons. I've seen mags loaded upside down and backwards, handguards installed with the airvents sideways and to this day I still don't know how the A2 rear sight is supposed to work. Leadership is terrified of accidents and their solution is just to disarm everyone instead of better training because that costs money and airmen are unlikely to shoot anyone anyway.
This is an institutional problem that existed since 1947, Obama had no hand in it.

^^^^ It really is insane. All the propaganda about fighting for your country, swords, dragons, jets, parachutes, Zodiacs at night filled with painted faces and men with knives in their teeth etc etc, and you get there and there’s no guns allowed and they tell you to “hide someone’s shooting somewhere!” lmao
Jesus wept.

IMHO that's more than just an airforce thing I think the way the DOD deals with guns outside of all but the highest tier trigger pullers/situations is best described as "completely and totally, and utterly 110% dysfunctional".

-Mike

Is that what you would have done back in your day in the 'Old Corps', or are you just shooting from the hip again?

Were Marines and other military personnel allowed to carry on base at any point in recent history? I'm pretty sure the amount of people getting shot on base would be 10x what it is now if everyone carried. The base I'm on right now is the exception to the rule, but I'm pretty sure every other one would have an 'ND of the Day' board in the chow hall.

Is that what you would have done back in your day in the 'Old Corps', or are you just shooting from the hip again?

Were Marines and other military personnel allowed to carry on base at any point in recent history? I'm pretty sure the amount of people getting shot on base would be 10x what it is now if everyone carried. The base I'm on right now is the exception to the rule, but I'm pretty sure every other one would have an 'ND of the Day' board in the chow hall.

Not really sure what you’re talking about besides maybe you don’t agree with my opinion and are looking to pick a fight. That’s fine either way, it’s still going to be my opinion, and I’m always game young man.

I'm pretty sure the amount of people getting shot on base would be 10x what it is now if everyone carried.

You are pretty sure of that? That's interesting. How exactly are you so sure?

The base I'm on right now is the exception to the rule,

That's convenient.

but I'm pretty sure every other one would have an 'ND of the Day' board in the chow hall.

You seem to be pretty sure of a lot of things. What you don't seem to be is full of evidence or examples to support those things though.

You are pretty sure of that? That's interesting. How exactly are you so sure?

That's convenient.

You seem to be pretty sure of a lot of things. What you don't seem to be is full of evidence or examples to support those things though.

I don’t belong on the base I’m on...it’s just conveniently where my leadership course was located. I’m amazed at the level of professionalism we have been shown here as visitors. Hint, the next barracks over are Marine Corps Raiders and they’re the real deal...pretty certain they could handle carrying and not hurting anyone.

I’m not going to bother with defending my statement to you because I have a paper to write. If you disagree with me, that’s so awesome for you and I think you should defend your argument because you likely have more time on your hands than I do.

I’ve sworn off picking fights with washed up has-beens on the internet.

Good evening, gentlemen.

That's also convenient and your suggestion that if Marines were allowed to carry guns on base there'd be negligent discharges daily isn't very flattering of the Marines. I wonder if you espoused that viewpoint in your PME course if it would go over well. I'm confused on why you think so little of your fellow Marines.

Good evening, gentlemen.

Meh, I figured. Move the f*** on and don’t be a pussy about it if you’re gonna run your mouth. Don’t embarrass yourself.

Last edited:
I don’t belong on the base I’m on...it’s just conveniently where my leadership course was located. I’m amazed at the level of professionalism we have been shown here as visitors. Hint, the next barracks over are Marine Corps Raiders and they’re the real deal...pretty certain they could handle carrying and not hurting anyone.

I’m not going to bother with defending my statement to you because I have a paper to write. If you disagree with me, that’s so awesome for you and I think you should defend your argument because you likely have more time on your hands than I do.

Good evening, gentlemen.

Lol the sad thing is that if you let go.of the hubris and the need to be right, for 5 minutes, and thought about what cams was saying -in context-vs your opinion you could both reconcile it and I would bet that you would end up agreeing with him more than disagreeing. Then again I've met cams in person before and I think he's a good guy, so perhaps I'm biased, but what do I know.

It just seems to me like he's talking about untangling an extension cord and you're talking garden hoses and shoelaces. I think perhaps you've read far too deep into a simple comment. I know what that sounds like because I've done it before myself.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom