A new kid! A VG kid!

Well, I introduced a new kid to shooting today. BB guns mind you, but it awakened something inside him. He is a lefty, glad I'm ambidextrous. My Middle son and Max shot for about 3 hours. They had so much fun. He realized that shooting is fun, not a gangsta thing. He comes from a broken home and his Dad lives in Minnesota, great shooting and hunting country. I told his Mom he will most likely be asking for a BB gun soon. He started at 7 yards, ten 10, and finished at 15 yards against those dreaded soda cans. His Mom is tickled pink! She wants me to teach him further. He did very well with safety, and procedure. He now has a respect and understanding of what shooting is about. He is pretty good! Work sucked, but this made today worth while. Now for Baseball! Jim

Well Done

Work sucked, but this made today worth while. Now for Baseball! Jim

Right on! That's the way to do it. Start them young before they get to the age where they know "everything." +1 to you for making a difference in that kids life and creating a potential future pro 2A voter[smile]

RD

Thanks Raoul! We went out again on Sunday. He did not fare as well, but he was persistent! It about passing on a heritage that is disappearing fast. We are a Nation of Rifleman. Jim

Good job. I started on a BB gun that I got for xmas one year and I loved it! I remember my dad wouldn't let me hold it until I read the manual front to back. I cheated and skimmed it...he knew. When he did the "quiz" and I failed miserably I had to re-read it before we went into the back yard and knocked down some cans together.

Back
Top Bottom