a MA neighborhood with "no firearms allowed" signage

now obviously I wasn't carrying because I had to cross army corps of engineering property to get to the cape, but if I had I certainly would have turned around immediately and called the cops on myself

[rofl] I think we all know that people this stupid exist, which is what makes it hilarious.

MSL are a bunch of morons if they think their injunction is nationwide. It's not. It's limited to the circuit it was in.

http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/...aho-woman-defeats-obama's-top-lawyers-on-guns

The Idaho district court did not stop there. After determining that Ms. Morris is likely to prevail following an “evidentiary hearing or trial,” the district court prohibited the Corps from enforcing its regulation “as to law-abiding individuals possessing functional firearms on Corps-administered public lands for the purpose of self-defense.” That means that, on Corps recreational sites from California to Connecticut and from Minnesota to Mississippi, Second Amendment rights prevail

I would like to know if this is true or not, I do a lot of hunting/fishing on Army Corps Land and never knew about a weapons ban.

maybe the sign was a piss poor way to tell people there is not deer or duck hunting on the "posted" property?

maybe the sign was a piss poor way to tell people there is not deer or duck hunting on the "posted" property?

I am thinking it was leftover from the wildlife refuge when you couldn't have firearms there. it seemed older, it was a big wooden sign

now obviously I wasn't carrying because I had to cross army corps of engineering property to get to the cape

Shoulda got a tunnel permit. All firearms are allowed in the tunnel. Even open carry is allowed for pedestrians and bicyclists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was for a whole neighborhood, thats what stood out to me... very odd

it didn't say no hunting or no trespassing, no firearms allowed. I hope they get robbed and the cops can only go help if unarmed [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

my girlfriend even offered to take a picture but I figured we would get arrested for something somehow, should have risked it for NES [slap]

So you're a whipped sheep, is that what you're saying? :)

Forty posts and this thread has yet to devolve into a "Do my gun rights trump your property rights" debate yet.

Holy crap, hell is frozen over.

So are we saying I cannot drive my Jeep into the neighborhood if I have rifes in the rack?Sent from the blind
Only if it's lifted

- - - Updated - - -

Forty posts and this thread has yet to devolve into a "Do my gun rights trump your property rights" debate yet.Holy crap, hell is frozen over.
I turned around immediately so i didn't trample anyone's property rights

http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/...aho-woman-defeats-obama's-top-lawyers-on-guns

I would like to know if this is true or not, I do a lot of hunting/fishing on Army Corps Land and never knew about a weapons ban.

The weapons ban is posted on the signs in most parking areas in places like buffumville or barre falls dam.

Most peoples general rule of thumb has been to totally ignore it and conceal carry.

In the case that the federal area is also a WMA. Such as barre falls or others i think its pretty obvious that no one is going to bother anyone for hunting.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've seen the very sign the OP is talking about. I even have a picture of it somewhere that I don't feel like digging out. The sign was clearly put up by the HOA. What if any legal basis it has I don't know but it wasn't a .gov sign. Regardless, I laughed at it.

So are we saying I cannot drive my Jeep into the neighborhood if I have rifes in the rack?

Sent from the blind

You can't drive into the neighborhood at all, the whole island is private property. The only exception is the wildlife refuge.

The sign is also meaningless. I guarantee some of the homeowners have firearms. Chatham is one of the few Republican towns in MA.

Last edited:
7600 ac to protect a bird

PloverPromo.jpg

that would be the one, it was scary, I started sweating, I actually had to turn around after the gate... still considering turning myself in

There's a good chance that road isn't even private. The house values in there range from about $2M up to $25M and it wouldn't be the first time a bunch of people in a neighborhood like that got together and put up signage to make it look private. There's a similar situation in Concord right across from the Old North Bridge.

There's a good chance that road isn't even private. The house values in there range from about $2M up to $25M and it wouldn't be the first time a bunch of people in a neighborhood like that got together and put up signage to make it look private. There's a similar situation in Concord right across from the Old North Bridge.

They're probably trying to limit the unwashed masses to the Shore Rd. area.

Back
Top Bottom