• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a MA neighborhood with "no firearms allowed" signage

was driving around the cape with no itenary, no idea of where to go or what to do, just driving... we drove through Chatham, checked out all the big $$ houses on Morris island (and stage island) when we came across a "Private property, no tresspassing ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" sign at the end of the road, before another road started

now obviously I wasn't carrying because I had to cross army corps of engineering property to get to the cape, but if I had I certainly would have turned around immediately and called the cops on myself

anyone ever seen something like this? to my knowledge there are more than a few houses down that road and I can't imagine it applies to home owners? the sign wasn't very specific

Pretty normal down here we post those signs so any would be robbers would be shit out of luck when we draw down on them for trespassing.....

Good thing they put that sign up son the criminals packing heat will turn around and leave all those liberal rich folks alone

"now obviously I wasn't carrying because I had to cross army corps of engineering property to get to the cape,"

huh? What prohibits u from carrying elsewhere on the Cape ?

nothing, but I didn't feel like pulling over before the canal, unloading my firearm, locking it away, driving over the bridge, pulling over, unlocking my firearm, loading it, etc

I was being facetious anyway [laugh] of course I was carrying... even had to skip the visit to my grandfather at Bourne National Cemetery because of it

- - - Updated - - -

You don't carry when you have to go over a bridge on the cape? I'm not following.

just the two bridges that connect the cape to MA, they are Army property, along with the canal and it's shores

carrying of firearms is prohibited

Pretty normal down here we post those signs so any would be robbers would be shit out of luck when we draw down on them for trespassing.....
it was for a whole neighborhood, thats what stood out to me... very odd

it didn't say no hunting or no trespassing, no firearms allowed. I hope they get robbed and the cops can only go help if unarmed [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

my girlfriend even offered to take a picture but I figured we would get arrested for something somehow, should have risked it for NES [slap]

nothing, but I didn't feel like pulling over before the canal, unloading my firearm, locking it away, driving over the bridge, pulling over, unlocking my firearm, loading it, etc

This says that the preliminary injunction in Morris v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is nationwide, so it seems to be you should have been ok with keeping your gun loaded. Has any of the NES lawyers commented on the Morris case?

This says that the preliminary injunction in Morris v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is nationwide, so it seems to be you should have been ok with keeping your gun loaded. Has any of the NES lawyers commented on the Morris case?

I was unaware of this injunction, thank you very much for the link

Sounds like 100% of the people visiting the cape this summer. [wink]

haha I was behind many of "those" people yesterday, I however, know my way around the cape and where to go, and how to drive the speed limit.... I just didn't have a destination in mind

even with nowhere to go I was still annoyed by the people who had no idea where they were going or slowed down to look at every house or every antique shop on 6a [laugh]

In Chatham, I am guessing you were near Morris Island where there is a National Wildlife Refuge. Federally protected property.

http://www.fws.gov/refuge/monomoy/

great post, their map on that site looks like it falls very close to where I saw the sign, could have been it but it didn't specify why no firearms were allowed.

there are houses on that land though, if you lived there would that still apply to you? interesting

just the two bridges that connect the cape to MA, they are Army property, along with the canal and it's shores

carrying of firearms is prohibited

Wow, I never even give that a thought when I cross those bridges. I'll just have to add that to the list of laws and regulations that I violate on a daily basis.

I'm such a scofflaw! [laugh]

If it's a federal regulation then you're at risk if you don't abide by it.

Mass has no "binding signage" law for private property, so even if they post "no guns allowed", there's no force of law behind it. The most they can do is to ask you to leave.

MSL are a bunch of morons if they think their injunction is nationwide. It's not. It's limited to the circuit it was in.

Wow, I never even give that a thought when I cross those bridges. I'll just have to add that to the list of laws and regulations that I violate on a daily basis.

I'm such a scofflaw! [laugh]

Me either! Damn, I never even knew that was technicly prohibited! What a bunch of bs! Like you point out, we can unknowingly violate laws every single day because of how many of these silly things exist.

Back
Top Bottom