73 year old beaten to death by teens; what would you do if packing

I have, in fact, lived there, and your silly simplistic model of criminal behavior makes me pretty sure you haven't. I have thwarted two mugging attempts; one was pathetic and deescalated verbally, the other I pulled my knife (I didn't own a gun at the time and couldn't have carried legally) and that likely saved my ass. I have been randomly sucker-punched while walking down the sidewalk. I have been on a subway car with a psychotic loudly announcing that he was going to kill everyone on it. I have seen, across the street through my apartment window, a liquor store robber empty a mag at the clerk. (When I checked in there the next day, I learned that he somehow managed, from a range of six feet, to miss every shot. Don't do crack.) Yet here I am, still alive and whole and telling you this.

Recognizing that even the worst criminals are still human and modeling them as such, with all the complexity that entails, does not require having sympathy for them and does not make you an easier victim. On the contrary, it is adaptive. It gives you the discretion to avoid escalating dangerous situations into more dangerous ones. Modeling every scary-looking person as a mindless rob-murder-rape automaton both causes you to live in unnecessary fear and gets you into fights that you could have avoided.

All of this would be even more true if these people were literally the "animals" you describe them as. I have broken up more dog fights than I can readily count, and only been bitten once and it was no big deal. I have also not broken up a lot of dog fights that I knew I wouldn't be able to, because again, behavior-modeling and discretion. Dogs are a lot more predictable than humans because they lack the capacity for deception.
You are a mostly free man living in a mostly free country and are entitled to walk around in whatever world you wish to create in your head . As long as you don't take me down with you, I say more power to you.
I have been in close quarters with people who have no soul , no human sense of morality and no qualms about killing you for no other reason than they don't like your face.
If you had you would know exactly what I'm talking about .

If you had any idea what this kid did to this woman both before and after she was dead that was just too horrific to put in the news , you would puke.
Tell me there was anything human about this animal .
There are a shit ton more just like him out there.

Slightly younger victim, slightly more acceptable to go all John Wick on the attackers:

"Four of the dogs were captured after the attack and the three remaining were later captured by animal control. All seven dogs were a pit bull mix. "

Slightly younger victim, slightly more acceptable to go all John Wick on the attackers:

"Four of the dogs were captured after the attack and the three remaining were later captured by animal control. All seven dogs were a pit bull mix. "
F*cker should be throw into the lion exhibit at the zoo.

I keep a big can of OC in the door of my truck, mostly for dogs. I would just hate to have to shoot a dog.
But seven dogs? Pit bulls? I don't think even a big can is enough.

It is woke nonsense. You probably have never had a gun pulled on you. Been surrounded by a dozen jackals with knives. Had a tire iron thrown randomly thru your car window while driving. Jumped by drunk jocks just because…

Live in your little safe space away from harm and hide behind I love everyone lawn signs while spouting off your self righteousness that is about as far from reality that one can get. And maybe your fantasy world will never be corrected…
Has this guy ever even been in a fist fight ?

IRecognizing that even the worst criminals are still human and modeling them as such, with all the complexity that entails, does not require having sympathy for them and does not make you an easier victim. On the contrary, it is adaptive. It gives you the discretion to avoid escalating dangerous situations into more dangerous ones. Modeling every scary-looking person as a mindless rob-murder-rape automaton both causes you to live in unnecessary fear and gets you into fights that you could have avoided.

All of this would be even more true if these people were literally the "animals" you describe them as. I have broken up more dog fights than I can readily count, and only been bitten once and it was no big deal. I have also not broken up a lot of dog fights that I knew I wouldn't be able to, because again, behavior-modeling and discretion. Dogs are a lot more predictable than humans because they lack the capacity for deception.

Emphasis mine.

They traveled in a pack and attacked someone they percieved to be weaker for no given reason. Sure sound like animals.

Seems one of them was attacked by her own.

Back
Top Bottom