73 year old beaten to death by teens; what would you do if packing

i would smoke them and not give a f*** being a senior citizen myself; what are they going to do to me ; jail. then they would have to pay for everything VIDEO: 73-Year-Old Man Dies After Group Of 7 Teens Brutally Attack Him In North Philadelphia
If I were the one being beat? I might die but I'd do so with an empty magazine.

If I saw the attack happening? I'm less sure, I typically carry for me and mine, I'm not the police and in this day and age, I don't think I'd want to go through the hassle of legally defending myself from smoking 5 ganbangers in a communist shit hole.

I might yell, I'd certainly call 911, maybe record. But smoke some kids?

If I saw the attack happening? I'm less sure, I typically carry for me and mine, I'm not the police and in this day and age, I don't think I'd want to go through the hassle of legally defending myself from smoking 5 ganbangers in a communist shit hole.

+1 This.

It’s difficult to make a blanket statement because every situation is different in the moment. If it was CPR or choking, etc I wouldn’t hesitate. Official gov guidance does not include bystander intervention.

CC773316-8D3C-4E6D-A514-BE0EA6AFC12D.jpeg

hard to say. I don't like playing these hypo games, bc the reality is I hope I never find myself in a situation where I might have to shoot someone.

I don't think I could stand there and watch and I'm not sure I would win a scrap against homies. It would probably come down to what state I was in. In a state that doesn't screw good samaritans I'd probably shoot, in MA I'd probably not. Have to wonder too if drawing on them could be enough to make them disperse, but then again drawing without 100% will to fire is no good.

I'd intervene, but no way am I going straight for my gun. Get between them and the victim, take away the traffic cone, use my pepper spray on the first one to aggress on me. Is there a risk of this turning very bad for me? Definitely. If it leads to me getting swarmed by all seven of them with the intent of curb-stomping me, then I'll absolutely use my gun to prevent that. But it's not nearly a given that they'd respond that way, and both for a jury and just so I could live with myself, I'm going to exhaust all my other options before I resort to shooting.

hard to say. I don't like playing these hypo games, bc the reality is I hope I never find myself in a situation where I might have to shoot someone.

I don't think I could stand there and watch and I'm not sure I would win a scrap against homies. It would probably come down to what state I was in. In a state that doesn't screw good samaritans I'd probably shoot, in MA I'd probably not. Have to wonder too if drawing on them could be enough to make them disperse, but then again drawing without 100% will to fire is no good.
It is hard to say, and I agree with hoping never to have to use a firearm against someone.

the problem with drawing on them is you don’t know if one of them also has something to shoot back with, and you would have to be hyper-vigilant and experienced to keep track of the hands of 7 people in the dark; I know I‘m not trained like that. I’m assuming they didn’t have other weapons if they were using a traffic cone to beat the guy with, but who knows.

Biden says we only need to shoot in the air and they’ll run away. Maybe that actually works here, and maybe you’re getting drawn on by 7 people scattered around you.

walk on by. i protect me and mine. we've discussed this many times before. i'm not going through hell plus expenses for someone else. you cowboys talk a good fight but i want to see you when it matters. you get all the "likes" cause you say what people want to hear. i'll accept the hate, still be with my family, and not spending a cent on a defense team. everyone has the choice to carry and defend themselves. it's not my problem or business if the don't until the perps turn on me.

walk on by. i protect me and mine. we've discussed this many times before. i'm not going through hell plus expenses for someone else. you cowboys talk a good fight but i want to see you when it matters. you get all the "likes" cause you say what people want to hear. i'll accept the hate, still be with my family, and not spending a cent on a defense team. everyone has the choice to carry and defend themselves. it's not my problem or business if the don't until the perps turn on me.
You could live with yourself knowing that person was killed and you could have done something to prevent it?
That would haunt me the rest of my life.

I’m not saying that you should or should not intervene in a third party situation. But realize that intervening brings with it both physical and legal risks. About 15 years ago, I attended a panel discussion about the use of deadly force in self defense. Two of the panelists were prominent MA defense attorneys. They both said that their flat rate for defending a murder charge was $100k (and that was a discount from their hourly rate). Do you have $200k (allowing for inflation) to pay for a good attorney?

You can bet that press coverage from the shooting of a 10 and 14-year-old would be full-feeding-frenzy. It would be really ugly.

It is easy to say that you would intervene and to heck with the consequences. It’s a lot harder to deal with consequences later if it involves life in prison and no longer being able to support your family.

They both said that their flat rate for defending a murder charge was $100k (and that was a discount from their hourly rate). Do you have $200k (allowing for inflation) to pay for a good attorney?
yep. do you think the guy you saved would worry about you and pay for your defense? hell, he ought to! guaranteed he'd only be in court on the days they're gonna call him to the stand. while you're back in your cell, he'll be enjoying chick-fil-a sandwiches with the grandkids.

Yell to stop, then sweep so they see you reaching for your weapon, without drawing, and take cover assuming they are also armed.
If they keep coming, draw and prepare to defend your life.
If they pay you no heed, dial 911 or stop the attack, depending on the situation.

This is the basic tactic described in Jeff Cooper's Principles of Self Defense.

And make sure your USCCA is paid up.

not my problem. I avoid those types by staying far away from the cesspool cities

That's their domain. Let them kill each other. That's what the city dwellers voted for. Enjoy your diversity!!

yep. do you think the guy you saved would worry about you and pay for your defense? hell, he ought to! guaranteed he'd only be in court on the days they're gonna call him to the stand. while you're back in your cell, he'll be enjoying chick-fil-a sandwiches with the grandkids.
Yep, 100% agree. No good deed ever goes unpunished!
Did I happen to mention its not my problem?

Last edited:
not my problem. I avoid those types by staying far away from the cesspool cities

That's their domain. Let them kill each other. That's what they voted for

Yep, 100% agree. No good deed ever goes unpunished!
Did I say its not my problem?
That's my strategy as well, to not be in such a situation in the first place. I work in Lawrence, and as the suns starts to wane I flee that dump as if vampires were waking up.
The last time I participated in one of these, "what if" scenarios, it involved the woman being raped in an occupied subway car where no one even called 911. After thinking on it, I decided I'd instantly call 911, clearly report what was going on, and demand advice from the operator as to what to do, and make decisions. No matter what was advised, it would not be allowed to continue/finish.

Back
Top Bottom