• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6 month LTC renewal!!

This shit will NEVER stop unless EVERYONE who is past the 90 day mark (or 40) starts serving EVERY police department AND the CHSB with a lawsuit.

The legislature will not help you. Therefore the only peaceful means of redress left is to sue the departments in court.

the worst part of this is that due to the MA licensing system you will inevitably be denied or restricted based on "suitability". even worse? the state has deeper pockets than us and can outlast us in court before we'll even be told what "suitable" is.

the only solution is to exit. MA is lost.

the worst part of this is that due to the MA licensing system you will inevitably be denied or restricted based on "suitability". even worse? the state has deeper pockets than us and can outlast us in court before we'll even be told what "suitable" is.

Bingo.

Eventually a case or cases will get to the SJC. Eventually someone will file in federal court on the basis that the 2A is being denied (such as an FID renewal taking too long).

So there are two peaceful solutions: leave Mass or fight in the courts. And fighting in the courts will drain you financially.

And eventually someone will become fed up and start using violence to petition the government for redress.

Where the **** is comm2a on this issue??

Comm2A can't do much if they have no plaintiffs coming to them with these issues.

Like I said, people need to start suing. Either get their own attorney or call Comm2A. The only way to fight and gain ground (peacefully) in Mass now is through the courts.

Right where we need to be. See below for more.

Comm2A can't do much if they have no plaintiffs coming to them with these issues.

Like I said, people need to start suing. Either get their own attorney or call Comm2A. The only way to fight and gain ground (peacefully) in Mass now is through the courts.

Yes, people need to contact us through the email help line and let us know and we also monitor threads like this. We can't respond to every request/email we get but we definitely read the emails and log it in our tracking system. That system allows us to ID hot spots. That said, even if we find a hot spot, we sometimes get mixed bag of results when we start digging. First, we need people who are willing to file suit which means pissing off the chief (in their minds) and outing themselves to their neighbors. If we get past that hurdle we need to have that person who is willing to not take their license when the popo decides they want to moot the case. As I suspect you may have figured out on your own (based on other posts where you have shown a good understanding of the legal issues), if the LA decides they want to moot the case by issuing the license, they try it. It's amazing how quickly time is found to issue licenses like this when an active suit is involved. We then make it clear to people that it may take years (9-12 months in FDC, 6 months in appeals, etc) to get their license if we get involved and bring the case in federal courts. That injects a lot of patience into people who were previously fuming for their license.

But here is the bigger problem, there is no recognized right to an LTC in MA. That is right, the AG's position is that one only needs an FID card to possess a handgun in the home. I will have more to say on this subject next week. So not only do they have to wait 6-24 months, they have to apply for an FID card (this is a temporary issue that will be fixed soon). People find a lot of patience in the face of that. Understandably so, especially since this delay crap hits first timers harder than renewals.

None of this means we are doing nothing. In fact, a lawyer I have been working with on this very topic made me aware of this thread. We are working on a way to make it easier for people to sue over this in a way that will not cause 12-24 month delays. It will take time to fix everything we need to fix. I wish we could fix everything in one fell swoop, but it won't ever happen that way.

Last edited:
Since I haven't been issued my renewed LTC within the 40 day time frame, could that (ever) be considered a "denial?" Even though it will probably be issued in a couple of months?

As in question #13 on the license application: "Has any License........ever been suspended, revoked, or denied?"

If I have to explain a "Yes" answer on my next renewal I'd be tempted to say "Well, it was because you a******s held up my application for six freaken months!"

Finally got my Class A LTC in the mail -- more than 6 months after applying for renewal. I will definitely apply earlier next time. I appreciate the good information I've gotten here, it's been a big help!

I just got my LTC-A last week. I think I'll apply in another year to get the restrictions removed... just so I get the final license before 2019, when the present one expires.

Contact GOAL

From what I understand... Goal tried to help them and their help was rejected!!
Not sure how true this info is, but it sounds like something our government would do.

This is just a bunch of bull crap. None of this prevents crime. Just makes us all m*******s!!!!

Save the children my butt!!!

My LTC is due July next year... Maybe I better apply in January???

It got lost because they sat on it for so long. The PD usually sits on it before sending it out. Not after it gets back.

Most, if not all PD's, use a computer to process your app. You fill out a paper and it gets put into the computer as you sit there. Your pic is taken, ENTER is pushed on the keyboard and the State has the app.

I verified this with the LO as I did my renewal with him. As he pressed the key, he said, "there. the state has it."

If there is a delay in you getting the LTC, it's 95% certain that it's the state screwing with you.

Sure, some PD's might not get it to you promptly, but you can blame most delays on the state.

Most, if not all PD's, use a computer to process your app. You fill out a paper and it gets put into the computer as you sit there. Your pic is taken, ENTER is pushed on the keyboard and the State has the app.

I verified this with the LO as I did my renewal with him. As he pressed the key, he said, "there. the state has it."

If there is a delay in you getting the LTC, it's 95% certain that it's the state screwing with you.

Sure, some PD's might not get it to you promptly, but you can blame most delays on the state.

Doesn't the PD have another opportunity to 'delay'? When they get the OK from the State Police, they may not send it to the FRB, in a timely manner.

Thats how it worked in my town. I sat with him, he entered all the info and said I will call you when it gets here.

If it's the state delaying things why does it take 12 weeks in some towns and 6 months (or more!) In others?

Back
Top Bottom