• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50 year old charge

Just like any other clerical error. Everything is entered in good faith and if you believe it to be in error... well fill this out and send it and attach a letter stating why you think it might be in error and then.....[rolleyes][rolleyes]

Drifting a little off topic, but my own personal experience and research, if you are found guilty, or it says you were, then there are processes to get a correction. But if you have a non-conviction (Dismissed or not guilty) then there is no recourse to correct an error. I guess the idea is a non-conviction means none of it matters legally so there is no need to ever correct anything. Unfortunately in MA that is not true, you can still be haunted by it.

If you look at the last entry on the page, which appears to be a dismissal, there's a stamp that says "dismissed..." and something.

if the charges were dismissed why would there be a fine?

As much as thus looks like a D to me, I think this guy is screwed.

Who, even I. 1964, writes single letters in cursive in a ledger? The whole thing is hosed.

It is very common to have a dismissal on court costs. I'm fairly certain this is going to work out well but I'll update when it's done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

“This guy is the perfect example of what the juvenile court is all about,” said Weymouth. “Some kids do bad choices and it shouldn’t be held against them for 30 years. It’s clear he was a kid who did something when he was 15 years old and is totally rehabilitated.”

Would this ever be said if it was one of the "masses?" Nope. Cops get special treatment because... COPS

On the bottom of the left page, there's a "Not <something> work in accordance with building permit" The N in not is similar to the NG in the "plea or motion" column on the right page. There are a couple of letters that look like "M"(with three bumps instead of two) on the left page, but can't really tell. A higher resolution pic would be better.

I think its NG and G.

Question: why is the NRA in block letters and everything else cursive?

“This guy is the perfect example of what the juvenile court is all about,” said Weymouth. “Some kids do bad choices and it shouldn’t be held against them for 30 years.
The SJC said otherwise in Chardin v. Police Commissioner of Boston'
Would this ever be said if it was one of the "masses?" Nope. Cops get special treatment because... COPS
There are some cops who cannot be issued LTCs because of juvenile records and carry on the badge.

Congratulations, I'm more than a little surprised. Would you say it was your talent or an easy judge? [wink] JK don't answer that.

Can you PM me your contact info, you never know when a good lawyer will come in handy. I'm assuming you're are a lawyer, I don't think you ever actually said. If you're not I'd be curious who was and what your involvement was. Given the evidence I'm impressed with the outcome.

ETA: I think I found you, pm me anyway to confirm.

Last edited:
Yes I'm a lawyer... (www.nstassellaw.com)
It really was not complicated. Once you realized that those are all "md" because there's no such thing as an "mg" in this context the result was easy. Plus in that circumstance you'd rarely get a guilty finding. So good lawyering but good facts too [emoji6].

Last edited:
This is the part where you say "I was wrong."

Doesn't hurt, try it.

I congratulated publicly him. But I don't think I was wrong.

I think he presented a carefully crafted argument and convinced the judge that it was dismissed, or at least it didn't matter since it was a single incident 50 years ago. In other words, a friendly judge never hurts. He's also no stranger to the courts, being a former prosecutor.

He used his experience, knowledge, and skill. This is what makes a good lawyer. Now that I think of it, tossing it out to NES is a pretty good way to see what kind of arguments he might face. Another point in his favor.

And Mibro, are you saying the courts are always "right". Because that does not sound like you at all..... who are you, what what have you done with mibro?

Yes I'm a lawyer... (www.nstassellaw.com)
It really was not complicated. Once you realized that those are all "md" because there's no such thing as an "mg" in this context the result was easy. Plus in that circumstance you'd rarely get a guilty finding. So good lawyering but good facts too [emoji6].

But how was your yelling, and pounding on the table? [wink]

Good job.

lol, I knew you were going to say that.

Your praise of the OP's lawyering a few comments above was a thinly-veiled insinuation that he bamboozled the court, successfully advocating for his client's interests in the face of the truth as determined by you.

Did you know one of the most basic legal questions in the Talmud is over the ownership of a prayer shawl held by two men, both of whom claim to be its owner? My Israeli friend tells me they spent ten classroom hours debating that problem in high school. Clever lawyering is a powerful tool.

Last edited:
So good lawyering but good facts too
When it comes to court actions to remove a gun ownership disability, good facts are often far from sufficient to assure a good result. Counsel needs to make a case so compelling that judge will rule against "what he wants" because to do otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

He has no Cori. None at all. No pcf number assigned to him.

His CORI has nothing to do with the BOP. Lots of things don't show up on the CORI, but will appear on the BOP (the records the police see). People constantly confuse the two (you should know that counselor). The biggest issue with the BOP are inconsistent or erroneous entries or incomplete entries such as arrests but no court dispositions.

Len said it best when he said get a copy of the docket once your case is resolved. Few think of that (and certainly not 50 years ago), but its good advice for now.

I think he presented a carefully crafted argument and convinced the judge that it was dismissed, or at least it didn't matter since it was a single incident 50 years ago. In other words, a friendly judge never hurts. He's also no stranger to the courts, being a former prosecutor.

He used his experience, knowledge, and skill. This is what makes a good lawyer. Now that I think of it, tossing it out to NES is a pretty good way to see what kind of arguments he might face. Another point in his favor.

And Mibro, are you saying the courts are always "right". Because that does not sound like you at all..... who are you, what what have you done with mibro?

These are kind words frankly. The praise of a critic is always the kindest. And the fact of the matter is, you might have been right given other entries I saw when I went back to the book. In fact there was one entry that was very damaging to my argument. I did find the points of view in this thread to be useful, just as I do when I elicit the opinions of other lawyers and friends about a novel issue. In the end, the client was sympathetic, the arguments were there, and the stars were properly aligned.

lol, I knew you were going to say that.

Your praise of the OP's lawyering a few comments above was a thinly-veiled insinuation that he bamboozled the court, successfully advocating for his client's interests in the face of the truth as determined by you.

Did you know one of the most basic legal questions in the Talmud is over the ownership of a prayer shawl held by two men, both of whom claim to be its owner? My Israeli friend tells me they spent ten classroom hours debating that problem in high school. Clever lawyering is a powerful tool.
I didn't insinuate anything I meant exactly what I said. Don't drag me down to your sewer were you live to spew insults and can't understand that respect for a job well done does not require agreement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What is the heading on the MD/MG column?

You mean the NG (cursive N has 2 humps, M has 3), G starts with an upswing and D with a downswing. [smile] But that's just my interpretation.

The heading is "Motions and Pleas".

But the judge doesn't agree with me, not the first time, and accepted the OP's interpretation that it was MD, or Motion to Dismiss.

I still say the OP did a hell of a job.

I didn't insinuate anything I meant exactly what I said. Don't drag me down to your sewer were you live to spew insults and can't understand that respect for a job well done does not require agreement.

When I'm wrong I accept my mistake and apologize if necessary. I am occasionally wrong.

I do however often run into people who are always right. Funny that.

OP, thanks for an entertaining thread. I've entered your contact information into my cell phone so if I ever find myself with the proverbial "one phone call" I will actually have someone to call. Quite a relief.

Last edited:
When I'm wrong I accept my mistake and apologize if necessary. I am occasionally wrong.

I do however often run into people who are always right. Funny that.

OP, thanks for an entertaining thread. I've entered your contact information into my cell phone so if I ever find myself with the proverbial "one phone call" I will actually have someone to call. Quite a relief.
So I should alter my interpretation of what I see with my own eyes based on what a judge says is the "truth". What an interesting concept. It would. Certainly solve all the disagreement over MA gun laws, since judges have repeatedly ruled them valid they MUST be correct. Thank God that's settled, now we can all stop talking about it.

Must be so nice in your world where judges are always right and gifted with perfect perseption. Hmm so why would you need the OP contact info? After all judges are perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom