• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old lower sitting in safe. What to do?

bender73

NES Member
Good morning. I have an AR lower that was an 80/20 years ago. Completed and given to me in like 2014. Friend. No paperwork for MA required because it is a chunk of metal. No serial #. Now, I would like to build an AR again. We are post Healey for the build but the lower is technically pre-ban (2016). How do I build and register? I cannot "prove" its age and I guess MA cannot either. Thoughts?

Most of what you said is kind of the point of 80%. Build shoot it. Put it away. But you can always serialize it and register it.
I don’t know what I’m talking about so you do what works for you.
IANAL. Or LGBTQ+,FBI,CIA,POPO Muara or Andrea.

Basically you have three choices
1. Hide under the bed and give the nasty lower to me.
2. Build it and have fun.
3. Build it and file the FA-10. Then have fun.

The choice depends on your risk tolerance. Could you get into trouble, yes but you could also be killed by a vending machine or win the lottery (both the same odds BTW).

Basically you have three choices
1. Hide under the bed and give the nasty lower to me.
2. Build it and have fun.
3. Build it and file the FA-10. Then have fun.

The choice depends on your risk tolerance. Could you get into trouble, yes but you could also be killed by a vending machine or win the lottery (both the same odds BTW).
Both options 2 and 3 could get you in trouble soon.

So do whatever you want to do.

Who makes that "not a magazine" ejection port?

Not sure, but I believe that photo is a Colt prototype that never made it to production. Was actually from an auction website. Didn't bother to look at the price, as I'm sure it was probably priced at "more than you can afford".

7,000 bucks for the upper.

View: https://youtu.be/d_QRcZnr4n4

NOTICE: This product is currently restricted for sale to, or possession by “individuals” in the States of Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Washington D.C., and may also be restricted in other jurisdictions.

Good morning. I have an AR lower that was an 80/20 years ago. Completed and given to me in like 2014. Friend. No paperwork for MA required because it is a chunk of metal. No serial #. Now, I would like to build an AR again. We are post Healey for the build but the lower is technically pre-ban (2016). How do I build and register? I cannot "prove" its age and I guess MA cannot either. Thoughts?
Healy isn't real
The only ban that matters is 1994
Everything else is imagined

"Not asking the internet about it and doing whatever i wanted" would be step 1 for me.... lol

Pre Healey is not a thing.

Don’t post about it on the internet and f*** off with whatever you want to do with it.

Be an adult.

Guys, calm down. The only way for people to get info sometimes is to ask other enthusiasts. If you don't want to have people ask legal questions then close the damn site and create a new page to talk about your beer belly and 4 wheelers.
Thanks, mom. Your questions would be answered by searching.

But you asked anyways. And you got answers - frankly gentler ones than might happen on other days.

No need for the butt hurt.

Thanks, mom. Your questions would be answered by searching.

But you asked anyways. And you got answers - frankly gentler ones than might happen on other days.

No need for the butt hurt.
I have been in and out of here since 2012. Everyone here is chronically butt hurt by the nature of living in MA.

Guys, calm down. The only way for people to get info sometimes is to ask other enthusiasts. If you don't want to have people ask legal questions then close the damn site and create a new page to talk about your beer belly and 4 wheelers.

You got good advice. But your post up above illustrates a mindset most of us despise: you should not give two shits about "pre Healy" or "post Healy." That is not A Thing. That was a scare tactic by a tyrant, and by giving it any weight at all you're playing right into her hands. Stop doing that. THAT is the action of someone who is "chronically butt hurt by the nature of living in MA."

If I had a lower in my safe and I wanted to build it into a functional rifle? I'd just go ahead and build it into a functional rifle. You have every right to do so. And it would never occur to me to "register" it in any way.

Back
Top Bottom