50 cal conversion kit for ar-15

Anyone use the Beowulf conversion kit? Thoughts? Or do you just choke up the cash for a Barret. (Don't know if I could actually save for that long)

Anyone use the Beowulf conversion kit? Thoughts? Or do you just choke up the cash for a Barret. (Don't know if I could actually save for that long)

You realize .50 Beowulf and .50 BMG are a different round, right? The Barret uses .50 BMG.

Not being a wiseass, just checking in.

I went with the Beowulf as I already have .223.

AR2.jpg

NES-AR-Shooin.jpg

Ammo Discussion

And Lars is the way to go. He has ammo and uppers on order all the time so you can usually get stuff faster than ordering from Alexander Arms directly.

Parts list:

NES lower with Anvil parts kit installed.
Magpul triggerguard
ACE Stock
Hogue Grip
Full Floating .50 Beowulf precision upper
Carbon Fiber foreend
Beowulf sized dustcover
Harris Bipod
USMC Nylon sling
EoTech sight

Last edited:
You realize .50 Beowulf and .50 BMG are a different round, right? The Barret uses .50 BMG.

Not being a wiseass, just checking in.

Yes sir, I do realize. But thank you. Never had any experience with either round.

On a similar note, has anyone had experience with the .50 BMG uppers you can get for your AR?

I've seen a couple "this looks neat" posts, but I haven't heard if anyone has actually purchased one.

This is my Beowulf. I built this gun on a stripped Alexander Arms 50 Beowulf lower I got from Bill Alexander.
This is a fun gun to shoot, although it is not a 50BMG it still is very impressive just at shorter ranges then the 50BMG. Whatever the 50 Beowulf round hits it destroys.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Chris,
Can you tell me who makes that fore end and bipod? I want one like that!!

The handguard is Alexander Arms Carbon guard offered on their full floating uppers. The bipod is a standard Harris. I had to drill and mount the stud to attach the bipod, but that's really the only custom work I did there.

On a similar note, has anyone had experience with the .50 BMG uppers you can get for your AR?

I've seen a couple "this looks neat" posts, but I haven't heard if anyone has actually purchased one.

While no direct experience, I am told they convert your lower to a "consumable" part. [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom