• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlin Camp 9 Carbine

PL-52

NES Member
In my own little world, minding my own business
Recently acquired a Camp 9 . I know about the plastic buffer and the 16.5 lb. recoil spring upgrades. I've owned several other Marlins and know the reputation . I just want to know more about any issues that anyone else has had with the little plinker.

I used to have one. It shot well right out of the box. In fact, I was just tempted by another (lightly used one) in a LGS today.

All I want out of it is a pistol caliber carbine that I can easily reload cartridges for, so I can bring just one caliber to the range at a time, and shoot handgun and rifle for practice. And a plinking gun good to about 100 meters.

not exactly a rifle in that regard. You might be better off with some other carbine in 9mm or 45? Anyway they have been out of production for almost 20 years. parts are getting harder to get. They are fun and the SW 59 mags are still easy to get.

Parts were a snap, Brownells and Midway had the buffers in polymer and almost every spring, roll pin, firing pin and screw it has. Never even looked in Marlin Store. Ebay had the original manual and parts break-down You have to love the power of a search engine! It's a vintage 1992 came with the original 12 round mag and 2 factory 20 round mags that have a sales slip from 1992. Yes Marlin took the Camp 9 and 45 out of Production in 1999 due to slumping sales from the Federal AWB, even though it was directly listed as not an AW on Appendix A.

I would love a Henry lever in 9mm. I'd imagine since it is shorter than .357, that it would hold more.

Always liked these. Maybe instead of a tacticool carbine I should be hunting one of these, though I’m partial to the .45 I wouldn’t pass up a 9mm.
Always liked the resemblance to their .22s. Maybe Ruger could come up with one that looks like a 10/22?

I got to try a marlin camp carbine in 45 acp a few months ago at the club with a member that inherited one from his old man. Nice little carbine. Damn that thing throws some brass thought! forget about keeping it.......seriously it tosses brass 20 plus yards to the right!

Always liked these. Maybe instead of a tacticool carbine I should be hunting one of these, though I’m partial to the .45 I wouldn’t pass up a 9mm.
Always liked the resemblance to their .22s. Maybe Ruger could come up with one that looks like a 10/22?

Well, they have the lever Model 96. If they did, it would be best with a tube magazine, because the capacity would be low if they tried a 9mm rotary. Best would be for it to take same magazines as the P89.

Then again, maybe just a wood stock for the PC9 would suit you.

Back
Top Bottom