• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 neighbors dead following snow removal dispute in PA township

Often, yes.

But I work with an awful lot of families with SPED kids, some more severe, some less severe. I've been working with them for almost 20 years now. My experience is that SPED parents are exactly like every other parent: some are asshats, some are stellar, most are in the middle.

And some people are just pissed off about the fact that they're "stuck" with a kid who has issues. They probably don't even vocalize it - but they do take it out on other people - on occasion.

Kind of a weird take but here we go. The couple supposedly had an autistic 15 year-old right? You'd think having to raise a kid with a disability you'd be a little nicer or understanding or whatever. Not yelling slurs and insults at people etc. That is ofcourse if the kid is truly autistic and not just "on the spectrum" which every kid seems to be today...

Look at the whole picture.

AHM posted the info on income and real estate values of the parties involved.

Nicer? Maybe - but that would depend on your own personality I think. I think you get to "nicer" - when life beats the a-hole out of you. For some people - that beating doesn't work. It just pisses them off even more. I used to work with a guy who was just sort of anti-social. He was sort of tough to deal with - I didn't really have problem with him , but I usually just ignore people who act like a-holes at work as long as they don't actually crawl up my ass.

Found out years later - that the guy had at one point gotten really really sick with something (don't recall now) -and almost died. After that episode he just sort of became a dick. A number of the guys I worked with had worked with him years before and said it was sort of drastic change. My takeaway from what I was told was the guy basically got a huge chip on his shoulder about the whole thing , sort of like a "how could God do this to me - or - how could this happen to me - and not other people" type of thing.

I think the wife had a "WTF how come my life is so sucky and that guy gets to just go thru his life and be so successful" chip on her shoulder or something like that.

Seems like there was something that went down before the video starts. Wonder what it was that had him go in to grab the gun.

@calsdad , I think you're onto something with your analysis. There's a huge "tell" in the altercation, and it comes at about 38 seconds in this video:

The shooter called the couple "scum", and the wife answered: "You're the f***ing scumbag, you don't f***ing bother with no-one..."

Right there, she let out, probably without realizing it, one of the underlying factors behind all this. The deceased were probably pissed off at the guy (in part), because he "doesn't bother with anyone". They were pissed that he was a loner, and a successful loner (and perhaps not a member in good standing of the normal "neighborhood feelz/sewing circle BS"), and there could have been some real anger, insecurity, and jealousy issues on the part of the deceased.

Also my theory is that this was, tangibly anyway, probably mostly between the shooter and the dead husband. I'm thinking the wife probably didn't have much actual "tangible" involvement with arguments with the guy (her opinions of him notwithstanding), but when the shouting match started, she piled-on with her husband like a bully "bullying", and then the others present (in this case, the wife) "join in" on the abuse of the target. (Whereas the bystander/s normally would not have done so themselves).

Once the main bully starts bullying, it's okay for the others to pile-on. (I mean, whatever she thought of the guy, what are the chances she actually ever got into a dick-waving contest with the shooter?) It was probably between the shooter and the husband, mostly, for however long back their history goes.

My thinking: when the shooter popped her and said that she "should have kept her f***ing mouth shut", that leads me to believe that this was historically between the two men....and if she had just stayed off to the side and kept her piehole shut, she might have been spared.

Just a theory.

Also: I think the shooter was carrying all along. He retreated, but the neighbor pushing things, & calling him a pussy x3, was the last straw. Being called a pussy is where the guy cracked.

I wonder if the brick house will be up for sale cheap? annh. Neighborhood looks too congested. Never mind.
I checked the historical topo map database.
To oversimplify my recollection of what I saw:

The blocks south of the southern (cheap) side of the street were around for a while.
The south side of the street was created before WWII.
(Only in retrospect do I realize that the housing bears a modest resemblance
to Rowley Av. in Cleveland, where A Christmas Story was filmed).
The north (nicer) side of the street was built upon by a few years after the war.
Note that it slopes up more steeply there, so as hillside it's more hassle to build on.

It sounds like she's trying to get the neighbors to call a Ryan Moranski (?) just before he finds her with the rifle. Husband wasn't saying anything except wheezes and that last grunt. Who knows who was trying to call him? But I don't think he'd had the time or the wherewithal to dial 911.
If one looks for "Ryan Moranski",
one trips over a short 4chan /pol/ thread with a brutal meme.

(There is no insight into who "Ryan Moranski" is,
or whether it's even a misheard phrase like Dan Rather's "Kenneth").

Can anyone edited these pages? The summary hits the mark.

"Summary: Jeff "get out of my way, especially my driveway" Spaide is 47 years old and was born on 06/16/1973"
I was so focused on finding hard data that I didn't even notice
whether or not that was there when I posted the link.

I’m pretty stupid if you watch the video right at the end that bitch is still on her cell phone trying to call somebody. She’s definitely living in a cell phone bubble ...
On the one hand, that would have been a good time to summon
an ambulance. Now given the option,
doing it from concealment or cover would be prudent.

On the other hand, we casual observers can't tell whether she's paralyzed,
(or has a broken pelvis or something), that keeps her in place.
The other possibility is she's got a bad case of the dumbassery that
I commented upon almost two years ago,
where people that have fallen in a lightly dangerous place
will catch their breath before scooting to safety.

Sure, getting pistol-shot is way more traumatic
than doing a face-plant while downhill skiing.
But some of the same bad habits may happen.

Not really, but the jackwagon that says 'what you gonna do?' will be the one who calls the cops on you when you 'do' something.

So, yes, now I'm looking at simple assault charges, because the guy running his gums couldn't back it up and pussed out and called the cops on me.
Look, I understand the inequity of a prosecution that's so
ponderous that the ride itself is more punishment than
the offense merits; let alone the rap.

But a "one free punch" entitlement will go pear-shaped on people.
4x15lp.jpg

Thanks for the evidence - to support the theory.

After watching the video a few times, and looking at the pics of the two houses - that is what got me thinking about what exactly it was that prompted all of this.
Look at the whole picture.

AHM posted the info on income and real estate values of the parties involved.
Repeated caveat: that web page may have bogus data (say, from a similarly-named person,
or the really crappy house someone moved out of a few years ago).
The data supports a narrative, but the source of the data is not detail-vetted.

Example: half the Intarwebs think the Brandishing Lawyers of St. Louis
were big Donk contributors, and the other half think they were the GOP bigwigs.
It depended upon which fractured campaign contribution database you consulted,
and which records of identically-named people one accepted or rejected.

To put it another way, I'm gonna get the sads if what I linked
happens to be crap, and I've mislead you and the rest of NES.

(I'm not going to be the one to do the heavy lifting on it, but),
one may at least get half a sanity check from the obits; sad to say.

After watching the video a few times, and looking at the pics of the two houses - that is what got me thinking about what exactly it was that prompted all of this.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it - but the part of the video where *couple* is yelling at the guy, just made me think that something was "off" with those two. I think it's unusual that you get a woman who is that aggressive, she's joining right in and yelling at the guy and taunting him. Usually the wife will be the de-escalator. That's "normal" behavior IMHO. And this might sound weird, but the husband used the words "queer" and "pussy" - that's like some middle school tough guy bullshit - who the hell uses words like that? Makes me think they thought the guy (shooter) was gay or something.

And that's what made me think about the wife angle. Again - maybe reading too much into it, but there's a shit-ton of stuff out there on the interwebs now of guys going into the analysis of women's behavior - towards men that they deem to be inferior and/or towards men that piss them off because they don't think that the men deserve the station in life they've achieved.

Seems like the shooter was single, his house looked relatively nice and well kept, and his history seems to indicate a pattern of "doing the right thing". He went thru a number of career positions - got himself educated - and did jobs that were technically challenging and required certification and so forth. I've known a few guys like this in my life - have a couple of friends sort of like this. They're not hooked up with women - for whatever reason, but they're not gay. They just sort of ended up on a life track that made them actually successful - as opposed to being a druggie living in their mother's basement - but without a wife or family.

I think some women look at that and just think "WTF" - why is he doing all that - and not with a woman - what is he gay or something? And they look at their own station in life and see somebody doing much better than them - without them ...... and it pisses them off.

I think that’s a great analysis. Would it be interesting if the guy did turn out to be gay?
I don’t care if he’s gay or not it really has no bearing on Anything. I’m gonna assume he’s not gay or else his boyfriend would’ve been living with them at least in this day and age... hes was just a successful loner.
For all we know he was a pretty happy guy other than his retarded neighbors

I thought of this.

We'll never know, but I'll always be convinced she figured it was all over at that point. And why wouldn't she? Her crazy-ass neighbor just shot her, and then fled. It's still dangerous, but lightly: it must be over. Why would she think he'd walk back in, bust into the safe, pull out the AR, and return to finish the job?

Nobody could possibly hate her that much, right?

Cognitive dissonance unto death.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it - but the part of the video where *couple* is yelling at the guy, just made me think that something was "off" with those two. I think it's unusual that you get a woman who is that aggressive, she's joining right in and yelling at the guy and taunting him. Usually the wife will be the de-escalator. That's "normal" behavior IMHO. And this might sound weird, but the husband used the words "queer" and "pussy" - that's like some middle school tough guy bullshit - who the hell uses words like that? Makes me think they thought the guy (shooter) was gay or something.

And that's what made me think about the wife angle. Again - maybe reading too much into it, but there's a shit-ton of stuff out there on the interwebs now of guys going into the analysis of women's behavior - towards men that they deem to be inferior and/or towards men that piss them off because they don't think that the men deserve the station in life they've achieved.

Seems like the shooter was single, his house looked relatively nice and well kept, and his history seems to indicate a pattern of "doing the right thing". He went thru a number of career positions - got himself educated - and did jobs that were technically challenging and required certification and so forth. I've known a few guys like this in my life - have a couple of friends sort of like this. They're not hooked up with women - for whatever reason, but they're not gay. They just sort of ended up on a life track that made them actually successful - as opposed to being a druggie living in their mother's basement - but without a wife or family.

I think some women look at that and just think "WTF" - why is he doing all that - and not with a woman - what is he gay or something? And they look at their own station in life and see somebody doing much better than them - without them ...... and it pisses them off.
In white trash circles it's the women that write the check their men have to cash most of the time.
I've seen it a bunch of times.
Ask LE that show up on DV calls.
Never turn your back on the wife/ girlfriend.

On the other hand, we casual observers can't tell whether she's paralyzed,
(or has a broken pelvis or something), that keeps her in place.

Do you have like a frigging SAN inside your head or something?

I thought of this.

We'll never know, but I'll always be convinced she figured it was all over at that point. And why wouldn't she? Her crazy-ass neighbor just shot her, and then fled. It's still dangerous, but lightly: it must be over. Why would she think he'd walk back in, bust into the safe, pull out the AR, and return to finish the job?

Nobody could possibly hate her that much, right?

Cognitive dissonance unto death.

I'm sure it wasn't in a safe. It's PA. not MA. No safe required.

Awful.

What I take away, those are the type of people always looking for a fight and they got it.

I also love people that pull shit like "you're on camera" like that is going to stop anyone from committing a crime.

The husband ran and left his wife there, wtf was that?! He just straight up left her behind.

You never know what anyones mental state or what they are dealing with so stop being such a**h***s to everyone because you are a shitty miserable person.

Awful.

What I take away, those are the type of people always looking for a fight and they got it.

I also love people that pull shit like "you're on camera" like that is going to stop anyone from committing a crime.

The husband ran and left his wife there, wtf was that?! He just straight up left her behind.

You never know what anyones mental state or what they are dealing with so stop being such a**h***s to everyone because you are a shitty miserable person.

As good a shot as the shooter was (this is sarcasm) I think hubby *could* have rushed him and had a fighting chance to overcome him. I mean, if you're going to die anyway, frigging TRY

Yeah. Im wondering if maybe he was so caught up on the fact that he got shot that maybe he assumed his wife had either retreated or was running with him? Or he is a crappy husband.

As good a shot as the shooter was (this is sarcasm) I think hubby *could* have rushed him and had a fighting chance to overcome him. I mean, if you're going to die anyway, frigging TRY
Let's roll.

We have a "pair" in our Neighborhood. He's likely the result of in-breeding, drinks, very punk like. He's threatened more than one in the neighborhood including women. She's a full blown Karen screamer at the drop of a hat she's off the rails.

The crazy thing is they have such a high regard for themselves that they feel qualified for Sainthood.

My guess is most neighborhoods have a few.

I’m trying to stay out of it at this point, but I wanted to post some video interactions with my neighbors they’re way more hostile than this and nobody got shot. I don’t recall calling them a queer or a pussy...

It was more on the page of them telling me “you can’t leave” in my response was more “ohh really”...

I almost don’t want to post the video because you can clearly hear me say “all right, we all got our phones out so somebody’s gonna have to suck some dick”

And I don’t even have any delusions of how bad something like that can go

I should post a video of our two gay neighbor that are coming out and yelling at us for dumping. Because we’re in a dump truck, we’re obviously dumping. LOL I actually like these guys. One of them is definitely an alpha male

You would find me in Montana on a snowmobile blaring 90s rap music.
Pretty sure that according to Montana state laws, 90's rap music justifies use of deadly force in Montana. I am ok with that. ;)
He retreated, but the neighbor pushing things, & calling him a pussy x3, was the last straw. Being called a pussy is where the guy cracked.
I think it was the " I will make your life a living hell!" comment. Figure he thought, "Oh, I bet you won't"

The other possibility is she's got a bad case of the dumbassery ...
I thought of this.

We'll never know, but I'll always be convinced she figured it was all over at that point. And why wouldn't she? Her crazy-ass neighbor just shot her, and then fled. It's still dangerous, but lightly: it must be over. ...
(I can't rule out the answer being buried in an autopsy;
although it's less likely someone here will access it
and ferret out that factoid).

Not discounting your theory (which offhand seems the simplest and most likely), but...

The extreme form of the voluntarily "fail to flee after you're shot" dumbassery
would be a belief generated by the portrayal of most TV/movie gun victims:
the belief that if a bullet touches you, you instantly die.

Shock is one thing. But if she lost all hope after the first hit(s),
she could have figured she had no options.

That may not fit what happened in this video,
but it must have happened to some people down through time.

Do you have like a frigging SAN inside your head or something?
Frequently it's not even that I'm too lazy to retype this or that anecdote.
I figure it's a scoche less repetitive to link to the One True Copy.

(You should see how frantic the NES search engineing gets
when I'm convinced I've posted some anecdote,
but fear it was in an Instapundit reader thread
(which may be unsearchable)).

Yeah, and I don't feel I for one have yet internalized "rush a gun / flee a knife".
I've only tripped over that twice (but always on NES).

Decent chance that if the guy had rushed the shooter,
the wife might have gotten away unpunctured.
Unless she had the impulse to join in.

If they were bullies, thinking "two on one is Wilkes-Barre fun"
during all the provocation that lead to the shooting,
then playing what-if games from the self-defense perspective
only tells you how different people could have escaped harm.

Those two weren't gonna Prudent their way out of the grave.

If the animosity on parade in that video was no secret in the neighborhood,
imagine how polarizing it must be. The people way down the block
and one street over may just be horrified at the violence,
but the abutters may have thought one party or the other were jerks for a long time.

And think of the MSM news teams that must have dropped in by parachute.
What if (if) they can't get the neighbors to say a nice word about the husband/wife team,
and can't get anyone on tape calling the shooter a "troubled loner"?
TV news directors conductors must pull their hair out
when they can't get someone to endorse the narrative.

I'm wondering, in the initial fusillade, as the guy kept shooting and nobody got hit, whether Mr and Mrs Darwin thought he might be firing blanks just to scare them.

They're in absolute disbelief that he's actually trying to hit them, right up to the point where Mr Darwin gets shot in the lung.

I'm wondering, in the initial fusillade, as the guy kept shooting and nobody got hit, whether Mr and Mrs Darwin thought he might be firing blanks just to scare them.

They're in absolute disbelief that he's actually trying to hit them, right up to the point where Mr Darwin gets shot in the lung.
There was a clear lack of comprehension

Yea, he went from Keystone Commando to "wahhhhhh, call the cops!" pretty quick.

The rule is the rule is leave no man behind...She’s on her own and all she needed was her cell phone

I might have missed quoted. I recently had a cell phone update

I’m pretty sure those guys got hit I didn’t even notice. :) Exclamation for standing around with someone shooting at you hiding behind a cell phone camera

If this is true and they actually thought he MIGHT be firing blanks, they were even dumber than I was initially giving them credit for.

If this is true and they actually thought he MIGHT be firing blanks, they were even dumber than I was initially giving them credit for.
I don't know if they're dumb, though it sure looks like it.

This thread isn't about dumb people. It's about people with no defensive mindset. These people could have been morons or Mensa members; they had no situational awareness and didn't understand how to assess a threat, so they're still just as dead.

Back
Top Bottom