2's Please join in.

MJ1

New MkII's
bb1a6ec7.jpg

..MJ..

Here's my two Kar 98k Mausers:

3u6a5ebe.jpg

The one on the left (BYF 43) was uncrated by my Grandfather and his squad when he was in Europe for WW2. Sort of that period's version of our Mosin crate group buys... Except his squad paid for the crate by fighting in Europe. It was his hunting rifle until he was too old to shoot.

The one on the right (BYF 44) was my wife's Grandfather's. I think he got it after the war. Never met him to ask. My wife's folks bought the house and my father-in-law found it tucked away in a corner of the garage. It had never been fired (except in the factory in 1944 for proof testing). But was covered in surface rust. I restored it using an electrolysis tank and put it in that stock.

Last edited:
A pair of 1916 Gew98s:

A matching Danzig (bolt, action, all metal) repaired and marked at a Saxon depot in 1917 with replacement wood from a donor Sturmgewehr stock.

A bolt MM V. Chr. Schilling converted to a Gew98M at Spandau in 1936 and reissued to and marked by the Bahnschutz, or railway police. Prior to conversion this rifle also bears the 1920 Weimer property mark.

MS

Last edited:
Here's 2 for my 1st post. Ive been reading allot on here for the last couple weeks and I know the Moose / The Godfather of the SkS hangs out here often[smile]. I love collecting the SkS. Anyways this is a very cool site. The two guns are .... Top Chinese all matching Type 56 and bottom is all matching Sino-Banian.. Butt plate was being cleaned at time of photo.. KK

Lets try not to mix genders and nationalities. That would just open a giant wave of unrelated pictures but not a bad idea for later. LOL

2 more new carbines. I have to get out more.
64170621.jpg

..MJ..
DSCF2715_zps3b57159c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom