2's Please join in.

How about 2 Krags?
twokrags.jpg

or 2 Webleys?

mkvileft%20800x528.jpg

mkvileft%20800x599.jpg

so Juergan, is that a GI capture ?

Nope, it was imported somewhen in the 70's or 80's, thus the bayo lug had been ground off
and the rear sight was blocked @ 300 yards (old law for ex-military rifles which has been repealed).
I've had the gas tube changed for an uncastrated one after that pic was taken. The stock has been
changed by one of the previous owners, I also have the original one.

Last edited:
Just picked up my second Mosin Nagant 91/30 today from Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack, NH. One of these is destined to be mated to the upcoming ProMag Archangel stock, with a Timney Trigger, bent bolt, and a PU-sniper scope (or maybe a mount from Rock Solid and modern glass).

not my thing , i am a collector and like to keep them original. It's is your rifle. If that is what you want, enjoy.

on another note, you used to be able to buy barrelled receivers at a lower cost to do this with. you may want to look around. at least you are not messing with an original.

These used to be $79 guns. now they are $129 -$159 guns. This is how the SKS started out. now a russian a SKS is a $500 + gun!

your call,

Great thread! Some very beautiful hardware gentlemen, compliments on your great photos and your collections.[bow][bow][thumbsup]

Yea, I tough of that, and would happily pick up a barreled action for such a project and keep both of these original.

While I totally agree with you, and don't wish to debate (thanks MJ1), thing is, simply changing the stock and trigger, one can easily go back to an original configuration. The Bent bolt can be done similarly if just picking up a bent bolt body (if you're lucky enough that the head spacing is still a go with out modification).

The glass is the real modification that is non-reversible (if you want a good solid mount), which is why I am primarily considering the PU setup.... while I may not have an actual original sniper 91/30, at least i'd be keeping in the spirit of the era from whence it came. What are your thoughts in this respect? I'd say we could start a whole thread on the subject of Mosin Nagant modification, but that could get ugly fast between collector purists and the tacticoolists (I'm fall some where in the middle).

I was sharing. I was sharing information. Iwas not debating, i said do what you wish. I have just seen many rifles that could be worth $1000-$2000 sporterized to a couple hundred dollars. If you want an original sniper rifle, buy one quick. they are still available and the one i just pick up is all matching. (scope to rifle)

if you want to sporterize, please check with 50BMG or **DRB** that you dont have anything "special" ( i am not a mosin expert) so you dont regret the change. Good luck

by dawn they came by 2.....m44s that is

Got a few of these. They are as described with all matching numbers except floor plates. very different stocks. really nice bores. 103_3539.jpg 103_3537.jpg 103_3538.jpg

Back
Top Bottom