• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22LR MEGA THREAD!

Any one try this stuff ? seems like the only thing different is they push the sub sonic level its a tad cheaper than tenex and other ammo in its class.

Any one try this stuff ? seems like the only thing different is they push the sub sonic level its a tad cheaper than tenex and other ammo in its class.

i think majority of people here rotate in aguila, cci, norma, SK, eley.

google just gave me that link that is not what i saw before, so, go figure. i do not think it is a same lapua in there in top position but it is impressive to see it in-between of eley tenex and match

I would be willing to give it a try. Like @paul73 said, i rotate between the common target brands. I do not see much (any) difference between them based on my gear / ability, ie a 53 year old rifleman shooting a 75 year old rifle.
I have a big batch of the Aguila i am working through right now and it has been working well for me at the 3" gong set at 100 yards (offhand). From the bench the Eley has been the best in my old Remington 513, but only by a fraction.
I do not shoot past 100 yards with rimfire as i have other chamberings better suited for that task.

I would be willing to give it a try. Like @paul73 said, i rotate between the common target brands. I do not see much (any) difference between them based on my gear / ability, ie a 53 year old rifleman shooting a 75 year old rifle.
I have a big batch of the Aguila i am working through right now and it has been working well for me at the 3" gong set at 100 yards (offhand). From the bench the Eley has been the best in my old Remington 513, but only by a fraction.
I do not shoot past 100 yards with rimfire as i have other chamberings better suited for that task.
I shoot at 200 yards with 22 lr with my 513t and my Kidd barreled 10/22 tenex shines in the 513 but a admit wasting money these days with my degrading skills and eyes. SK plus and some ely choices in the $13-$15 range is where im at generally . My 513t was already hacked up for scope mounts ( not factory) so I will go back to scoped if I get any of this.

seeing its not cheaper then tenex im hesitant

I use CCI SV a good amount and have a lot of it, although the test batch of the last 5000 case of CCI SV was not a good lot vs the others I have. Im at the end of mu Aguila stock pile and all that is from CMP when they where selling it.

I shoot at 200 yards with 22 lr with my 513t and my Kidd barreled 10/22 tenex shines in the 513 but a admit wasting money these days with my degrading skills and eyes. SK plus and some ely choices in the $13-$15 range is where im at generally . My 513t was already hacked up for scope mounts ( not factory) so I will go back to scoped if I get any of this.

seeing its not cheaper then tenex im hesitant

I use CCI SV a good amount and have a lot of it, although the test batch of the last 5000 case of CCI SV was not a good lot vs the others I have. Im at the end of mu Aguila stock pile and all that is from CMP when they where selling it.
I noticed recently that some of the CCI SV I have also wasn't as consistent as it usually is.

I noticed recently that some of the CCI SV I have also wasn't as consistent as it usually is.
Learned years ago from my dad , find ammo your rifle likes buy as much as you can of the same lot.
My last load up of CCI was some time ago. I probably wont shoot it all anytime soon.
I bought a 5000 case just before covid as the price was right and worthy of plinking but I found it inconsistent at 100 yards vs the older lot.

Learned years ago from my dad , find ammo your rifle likes buy as much as you can of the same lot.
My last load up of CCI was some time ago. I probably wont shoot it all anytime soon.
I bought a 5000 case just before covid as the price was right and worthy of plinking but I found it inconsistent at 100 yards vs the older lot.
I hear ya ....... CCI usual shoots very well out of my Green Mountain barrel , last time out it wasn't very consistent. I realize that it could be for numerous reasons , but I chalked it up as an ammo problem. I am aware that it was probably more likely a shooter problem though ........

I hear ya ....... CCI usual shoots very well out of my Green Mountain barrel , last time out it wasn't very consistent. I realize that it could be for numerous reasons , but I chalked it up as an ammo problem. I am aware that it was probably more likely a shooter problem though ........
been shooting over 30 years , even though Im not a "great" shot. Im pretty darn good at knowing when I suck. Its not to hard for me to pick up on the inconsistent 22lr
heck you can hear the inconsistencies in 22lr out of my 513t

I just received a case of these. Some people complain about the reliability but i have had good luck with the first box of 50 in 3 different rifles. The best price on 22 i have seen in a while.
I have shot my share if armscor 22lr
Probably 10k rounds or so. All plinking at random stuff down range, never put it to paper. 40 grain standard stuff though.

Im still not paying .05 round for rejected lot…. Get down to .02 I might consider it just to have around for some bolt gun plinking with kids

Local shop had a used Ruger 10/22 with a KIDD fluted barrel , and a Volquartsen trigger group for sale. Contacted the guy , made him an offer and he accepted. I bought it for a little more than what the barrel is worth. Got a Titan stock I'm going to install it in , I'll get that done this afternoon and hopefully soon get it out to see how it performs.

Local shop had a used Ruger 10/22 with a KIDD fluted barrel , and a Volquartsen trigger group for sale. Contacted the guy , made him an offer and he accepted. I bought it for a little more than what the barrel is worth. Got a Titan stock I'm going to install it in , I'll get that done this afternoon and hopefully soon get it out to see how it performs.
Looking forward to the report

Not as quiet as the regular quiets.
Heavier bullets so they cycle. I think 800-900 FPS

The regular quiets are 710. So quiet.
In my Savage all you hear is the striker drop with the regular quiets.
But you can have a cup of coffee before you hear it hit the target at 50 yards.

Back
Top Bottom