• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22LR MEGA THREAD!

I love the Aguila SE 40 gr but I dunno what they’re putting in those cases for powder. I’ve noticed the fouling at the muzzle of my Taurus TX22 from Aguila, is noticeably harder to remove than with CCI, Fed etc. ammo. I have to scrub it compared to CCI/Fed just wipes off with an oiled rag.
But hey it runs! And smells good too😂

My god I shot a metric shit ton of steel cases ammo in the 80s-90s I might even have a brick stashed away
Junior brand Russian ammo came heavily. Lubed
Thoughts? Reflections?...

Thoughts? Reflections?...
0D4AF533-FE03-4100-A0EF-E0D971D1AE5B.jpeg
This is the stuff I got a brick of brass cased stuff. IIRC my dad was paying $35/5000
the brass stuff was $39/7000
Would pick up several cases a year to supplement the better ammo

We blasted that shit in true plinking fashion. Shoot at stuff until it was to small to see. O matter how many shots !

It went bang and cycled In all the bolt guns and marlin model 60s the cases where as soft as the brass cases.

View attachment 559966
This is the stuff I got a brick of brass cased stuff. IIRC my dad was paying $35/5000
the brass stuff was $39/7000
Would pick up several cases a year to supplement the better ammo

We blasted that shit in true plinking fashion. Shoot at stuff until it was to small to see. O matter how many shots !

It went bang and cycled In all the bolt guns and marlin model 60s the cases where as soft as the brass cases.
I have a few 50rd boxes of that same stuff kicking around. Cycles fine in my S&W Victory , not so well in a couple of buddies semi autos.

Anyone give this stuff a try?
Yup. I tried it in my Martini MK II. I would say it shot just as well as the Eley Club which is what works for me in my target rifles. My 513T especially likes it.
That being said, the Eley bench rest could do better if used by a fresher rifle / shootist team. A 75 year old rifle operated by a 50 year old rifleman adds up to 125 years of experience which is unfortunately not reflected in my targets.

Just worked for me but I had to buy 6 boxes to get to $50 for the code to work. Also had to login to my account before the code would work.
Hmm weird. Says “Sorry, this promotion code has already been used. Please see promotion rules for complete details.”

I may have used it on a purchase a couple months ago

Hmm weird. Says “Sorry, this promotion code has already been used. Please see promotion rules for complete details.”

I may have used it on a purchase a couple months ago
I got the same message before I was logged into my account but worked after logging in. I would try clearing cache or using a different browser. FWIW I also used the last free shipping code a month or two ago.

For you Mini-Mag Lovers...

CCI Min-Mag 40grain Copper-plated Round Nose on Sale at Target Sports 50 X 100 Rail Box (5000) $299.50 $0.06*/ round (free ship)
That's $6 a rail.
Mini-Mag at Target Sports

*Thanks for the math Catsnoutsoup!

892.jpg
ha ha
Now $9!

I borrowed one from @1919FAN and have yet to test the rounds I’ve made.
I think a big benefit is the consistency and the ability to bump up the bullet diameter to better fit the bore for accuracy.
Not sure if any of that stuff really works. I’m going to mess around with it this week and make a couple boxes. Some bumped up and some made into the hollow points to see how they work.
In my experience all of the bulk cheap 22s are totally unreliable when it comes to expansion. All of the stingers/maxi mags I’ve shot have performed textbook every time.
So this should be cool to see if you can turn cheap ammo into good ammo just for the fun of it.
The winning number would be if they offered the stingers/maxipads/Velocitors in bulk boxes at reduced prices.
Michael,

Did you ever try this?

Has anyone ever seen a bulk pack of any of these?

A Winchester Wildcat in .22 Mag would be a fun gun and a real big seller.
I was just thinking about this, and did a search. Seems like I had this thought almost 2 years ago! Ha ha.

Anyone here have one of these Winchesters in .22?

Back
Top Bottom