Everyone likes a "look at the price on old ammo box" thread!

I have a box of that XM118 ammo that a college professor gave me two of. I shot one of them to test how they shot in FALs. Not great, so I'll keep the remaining box as a momento.

Sorting an estate of reloading/ammo I recently got. A lot of unopened boxes of ammo. I'm going to shoot the shit out of this $ 0.39 a round 308.

View attachment 453549View attachment 453550
I have shot a metric shit ton of the x39 and 223 Norinco sivler box , yellow box , green box all went bang and shot well ...... I dont remember paying that much though.
IIRC I think Roaches north of boston and the S,NH gun shows where selling it for $99/1000 or was it $79?

I was told the by a old timer the LC NM ammo with 12XXX lot numbers is very good stuff ( IIRC 63-65 ?) and made on fresh machines good brass and new bullets. the stuff labeled with a different lot number style like 23-56-00 not so much as the years went on?

Last edited:
What fresh hell is this?!?
I’d rather talk about my dead grandma than old ammo prices.

Edit- I see it’s more vintage, but I have box of 9mm Blazer Brass with a $9.99 sticker on it from last year that I treat like an urn.
I would rather talk about your dead grandma too... I do have a box of 60 rounds or norinco 7.62x25 . Price is 9.00...
Your grandma was a good woman

I know this isn't ammo, so maybe it shouldn't be here.

V0mrbCK.jpg

6vvLcXl.jpg
'

I give my smith “test” ammo like this all the time - property stored and always goes bang.

Back
Top Bottom