.22 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Here's my 65th B-day gift from the kids

I wanted an accurate 22LR bolt rifle to do some easy, relaxed shooting with. So, for my 65th birthday my kids got together and got me this nice Savage MK II BTVS. I dressed it up with a Hawke Varmint II 6-24X44 scope with an adjustable objective lens so there will be no parallax problems. Without further adiue I introduce you to the MK II. [grin]

n13pqc.jpg

s6hpfo.jpg

I wanted an accurate 22LR bolt rifle to do some easy, relaxed shooting with. So, for my 65th birthday my kids got together and got me this nice Savage MK II BTVS. I dressed it up with a Hawke Varmint II 6-24X44 scope with an adjustable objective lens so there will be no parallax problems. Without further adiue I introduce you to the MK II. [grin]

n13pqc.jpg

s6hpfo.jpg

Great present. Now get some Wolf .22lr and check out its potential.

My son's S&W M&P 15-22
DSCF1405.jpg

with vetical grip, tactical light, larue tactical rail guards (individual clips inserted into every unused slot), tru-glow holo sight, adjusted shorter then re-pinned stock and barrel shroud.

Looks cool and shoots awesome!

Great looking rifle! Do you know what brand the barrel shroud is or where to get them? Thanks! [grin]

Roommate got a new camera today so I had him take some pictures of my .22 collection.

danboGPickle1.jpg

Ruger SR22- Just picked it up this weekend. Lots of shopping to do for it. Plus it is getting a new paint job... Either going Digital Camo in Pink and Black or getting a buddy do some kind of design on it.

GSG-5- This is fairly new still picking up accessories

Henry Mini Bolt- I won this in the GOAL raffle and we are hoping someone in our family will let their children come shooting with us.

Pink Sig Mosquito- One of my first firearm purchases and it started the pink gun collection.

Pink Ruger 10/22- Scope has come off of this as it will most likely go on the SR22. This was a birthday present and one of my favorites.

Kid Presentable's Ruger 10/22 that he got for Xmas.

And the protector of the 22s Pickle! our 2 year old English Bulldog

danboRuger.jpg

Ruger SR22- Finally found one and cannot wait to customize it.

danboPink.jpg

The pink ones alone...

danboSig.jpg

Sig Mosquito all alone

Last edited:
Great looking rifle! Do you know what brand the barrel shroud is or where to get them? Thanks! [grin]

The barrel shroud is from mp1522.com or something like that. I'm not on my computerright now...mine seems to have a virus or something that I hope isn't catchy [thinking]. I got the website from rimfirecentral.com. I'm sure a google search will come up with it. They had a couple od items. I just remembered they are the same company that make stuff for Kel Tec Sub 2000 etc...Tacticool Products...that is why I was willing to order without any other experience with them. I have severl tacticool items on my sub 2000 and never had an issue.

Not a whole lot, I got mine for a great deal back in 1991 or 92 I think. I think I paid somewhere between $90 and $150 bucks. It only had the front sight on it, I never got around to purchasing a rear sight. I took it to the range and shot it just to see if it functioned and how the trigger felt. I really liked the gun, but I was much younger then and wanted other things. Back then I had to get rid of something to afford something else, so I'm afraid I got rid of a lot of things I should have kept.

17_6left%20800x556.jpg

Damn, Bro! Are those factory grips? If not, where did you get them? Those look sweet. I'd love a set for my 617.

Sorry Ross, I just found this question.

Yeah they're original. I read somewhere that the 17-6 was the only model they came on.

They feel great, probably the best fitting grips I've got.

I have three.

A GSG-5.
Real HK but stock
Changed forearm with AR type.
Grip Pod Systems Military Vertical Grip + Bi-Pod (GPS-02)
Green Fiber Optic Front Sight
Red dot sight.
Installed HK Push Pins for easy disassembly.
Replaced all internal screw with complete set of high grade hex head screws.
Installed Charging Handle Buffer.
Installed Uncle Mikes Slip On Grip on pistol grip.
Modified firing pin to strike harder.
In the end a very nice GSG-5......

100_0616.jpg

100_0617.jpg

100_0590.jpg

Ruger 10/22
Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 Auto Bolt Release
Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 Target Hammer
Choate Dragunov Stock
BSA Sweet 22 Scope
Harrison lightweight bipod

Ruger Mk III
Volquartsen Ruger Mark II / III & 22/45 Target Sear

100_0620.jpg

Ruger MK III

Put this on the May new acquisitions thread but thought I would put it here too...

Picked this up on Tuesday - new to shooting so this is my first as well - it is a MarkIII Talo edition - liked the look of the dark wood grips and the addition of the HiViz sights.

Look forward to shooting it in the next couple of days!

IMG_2441.jpg

I'll resurrect this thread with a couple of recent aquisitions:

The top rifle is one of the new CZ455's in .22LR. Evidently you can switch the barrel out for a 17HMR or .22 magnum. I haven't found the barrels for sale yet.

The bottom is a sweet old classic; Mossberg 144-LS

Both shoot great with Wolf Match Target
SAM_0401.jpg

Smith Model 34

BlameitontheWolf041.jpg

Ruger New Bearcat

RugerBearcat.jpg

Ruger MKII

RugerMKII.jpg

SIG Mosquito

SIGMosquito.jpg

Don't have any pictures of the Henry Youth lever action rifle.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

I'll resurrect this thread with a couple of recent aquisitions:

The top rifle is one of the new CZ455's in .22LR. Evidently you can switch the barrel out for a 17HMR or .22 magnum. I haven't found the barrels for sale yet.

Pat, how does the 455 compare to the 452?

Back
Top Bottom