.22 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

A few more

Ruger SuperSingleSix in 22lr and 22mag

Web%20left600.jpg

Iver Johnson Model 66:

left%20600x446.jpg

High Standard W101 Nine Shooter:
left%20600x311.jpg

Ruger MkIII "Hunter" with lots of VQ modifications:
rugermkiii.jpg

Purty!

I also have the VQ extended bolt lock lever on my competition slab-side; but it doesn't slide as smoothly as I'd like. I drip some extra oil behind the lever, but it still grinds against the frame. Does yours move freely?

Here's mine, and here's the thread with all of the mods.

Girlfriend and I restored an old (1940s or 50s) 550-1 her dad gave her, still shoots beautifully, though the front sight needs to be adjusted.

We are also getting a Winchester 1890 at some point, but it needs a bit of work.

CIMG1596.jpg

CIMG1598.jpg

Mike

Girlfriend and I restored an old (1940s or 50s) 550-1 her dad gave her, still shoots beautifully, though the front sight needs to be adjusted.

We are also getting a Winchester 1890 at some point, but it needs a bit of work.

CIMG1596.jpg

CIMG1598.jpg

Mike

These pics remind me I need to fix mine and find the shield that belongs over the action.

Just picked up my first gun, Sig Mosquito. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot her yet but it's fully broken in per the previous owner so I'll see what it eats. I can already feel the addiction!

DSC04734-a.jpg

DSC04737-a.jpg

DSC04739-a.jpg

DSC04741-a.jpg

DSC04746-a.jpg

Your going to have way too much fun with that gun .. Ive already put over 1000 rounds through mine and only had it a month .... and its damn accurate out the box ... just make sure you use CCI Mini-Mags and clean the living hell out of it after each range time ... it gums up quickly after 200 rounds

First the Rugers:

10/22 target rifle I built:

100_0694-1.jpg

and a Mark 2 Target model:

100_1461.jpg

Two Winchesters, a model 69A with Weaver scope and model 67 with target sights. These are originals and are high in my .22 collection.

100_1459.jpg

Two Romanian M69 trainers, one with a wide enough machining base that allows use for a cheapie BSA airgun scope. Oddly enough it shoots great groups at 100 yards using this set up.

100_1460.jpg

Also posted in the Delaware Lowers Pic thread, but what the hell... TacSol 22 M4 Upper. Great shooter!

Delaware_TacSol_3_resize.JPG

Delaware_TacSol_0_resize.JPG

Delaware_TacSol_2_resize.JPG

George,

Do you know that some of your guns seem to have rust on them? Do you know how to remove some of it, how to care for them?

I'm not George, but would be thrilled if you or someone would start a thread offering specific techniques for improving the condition of guns.

I do have some that seem resistant to looking as nice as they should. And some are just too historic to risk "improving".

Some of the Rimfires:
Model 41
Model 17-4
Mark II Target
Model 617 - 10 shot
Model 647 (17 HMR)
Model 674-1 (17 HMR)

Rimfire.jpg

Last edited:
My son's S&W M&P 15-22
DSCF1405.jpg

with vetical grip, tactical light, larue tactical rail guards (individual clips inserted into every unused slot), tru-glow holo sight, adjusted shorter then re-pinned stock and barrel shroud.

Looks cool and shoots awesome!

George,

Do you know that some of your guns seem to have rust on them? Do you know how to remove some of it, how to care for them?

Yes, yes, and yes.

The stevens was found outside and was rusted solid, the K-17 was found neglected out in a woodshed, the Winchester, same thing. They were all made before I was born so I am not the original owner and did not let them get like that. Those pics were taken right after I rescued them, except for the stevens, it was too ugly to photograph. The stevens is badly pitted, there really is no saving it as is. I used a propane torch and hot oil to get it freed up after I used a brass brush to knock the heavy rust off. Through ebay, gunbroker and some parts sites, I have gathered up almost enough parts to make it functional again.
The K-17 will be reblued, it was in a damp holster so it took the finish off the barrel.
The Winchester is being worked out with naval jelly and oil.
Unfortunately, not everyone takes care of their guns. The 41, Buckmark and Ruger I bought in good shape and have kept them that way.
All of my guns are stored with dessicant and are wiped down with oil regularly.

Last edited:
My son's S&W M&P 15-22
DSCF1405.jpg

with vetical grip, tactical light, larue tactical rail guards (individual clips inserted into every unused slot), tru-glow holo sight, adjusted shorter then re-pinned stock and barrel shroud.

Looks cool and shoots awesome!

Incredible Accurate .. I have the same thing

IMG_0188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom