• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I apologize if there is a thread already started. I searched but couldn't find one...

I find that just about everyone out there has a .22 of some sort or is wanting to get one.

Here is a chance to show us how you have them set up. I look forward myself to seeing some of the gems out there..[grin]
Here are a few of mine...

22sjpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Two of my 22's. Ruger MkIII Hunter and my fathers Stevens Springfield 87A that he gave me when I was 9. I just refinished the stock in 2009. First one I ever did and I think it came out great! I think the rifle was built in the late 40's to 50's? Does anybody know about these rifles?

DSC_2200-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
<--------------
That's mine right over there in my avatar. Nothing fancy, just a Marlin Glenfield 70. It's gained a sling since that photo and may get an inexpensive scope. I've forgotten exactly how old it is, but it's older than me and I'm not the young kid I used to be.

As my budget allows, I'd love to pick up a Mosquito.

Here are mine

2 Mossberg 151 m (a)'s
Mossberg 152
Stevens Model 56
Russian MU-12 Tulsa Star stamped 1961 single shot duel trigger target rifle

DSC08195.jpg

Winchester Model 63 made in the early 40's my grandfather gave it to me
Ruger International made 1966 666xx serial#
2 Ruger 10/22 one made in my brith year
Ruger model 96

DSC08198.jpg

Calico M100 100 round drum
Bingham PPS50 50 round drum
Daisy Heddeon VL Rifle Shoots cassless .22 ammo
Ruger Mark I
Ruger Mark II

DSC08196.jpg

Para Rifle. 8000 of this model were Manufactured by L. Franchi. 5000 went to the Italian Gov and were used as training rifles. The remander were imported in to the USA

DSC08197.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Custom 10/22 w/ Hogue stock, 20" Green Mountain Barrel, Harris Bi-pod, Mueller APV scope in a DNZ Game Reaper Mount
Stock 10/22 w Tech-Sights
Ruger MkIII
S&W Model 22A
Sig Trailside 6"

Add in 2 more stock 10/22's and a GSG and you'll have everything my roomate and I lost in our boating accident... [laugh]

Two of my 22's. Ruger MkIII Hunter and my fathers Stevens Springfield 87A that he gave me when I was 9. I just refinished the stock in 2009. First one I ever did and I think it came out great! I think the rifle was built in the late 40's to 50's? Does anybody know about these rifles?

DSC_2200-1-1.jpg

As fas as I know, they were made between 1938 - 1945. They made approx 200,000 of them.

I would have left the "patina" alone. I know it's a rifle that you would never sell, but you just cut the value of the gun by 2/3'ds

DSC_2200-1-1.jpg

As fas as I know, they were made between 1938 - 1945. They made approx 200,000 of them.

Thank you. I knew they made a lot of them and the value is only a 100 bucks or so but it's my first rifle so I'll never part with it. Hope to hand it down to my son someday.

I would have left the "patina" alone. I know it's a rifle that you would never sell, but you just cut the value of the gun by 2/3'ds

You are right,, it broke my heart to do it but this rifle is my shooter and the finish was all but nonexistent. You could see bare wood all over the rifle. I was afraid if I did nothing I would loose the whole thing!! It was a judgment call and like you said I'll never give it up so it's moot anyway.

Back
Top Bottom