• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2021 CMP M1 Garand Clinic/Games/Match @ OCSA Pembroke Ma.

I want to come for the Garand match next month and I also want to come for the modern military match in September. Question about the modern military match: Do the rifles have to be in their original configuration? I have what one may consider a frankenstein-AR, but it’s all Colt, it’s just that it’s a mismatched upper and lower in terms of the serial numbers. I have a rifle I could bring instead but it would be cool to test out the range of the AR with iron sights.
If it has iron sights and is not a heavy barrel match upper, you should be GTG. Actually even if it wasn't a match to the rules you can shoot anyway.

If it has iron sights and is not a heavy barrel match upper, you should be GTG. Actually even if it wasn't a match to the rules you can shoot anyway.
Just bring it , basically the AR modern military rules are a mess.
simplified 7.5lbs max adjustable stocks cant be moved once you start the match.
You should see the franken ARs out there!
Anyway come and shoot its still fun

in a nut shell 7.5lbs max , 4.5lb min trigger 20” max barrel length, iron sights

7FBE92B8-A1DA-469C-BC24-0C14A5340BFA.png

Last edited:
Just bring it , basically the AR modern military rules are a mess.
simplified 7.5lbs max adjustable stocks cant be moved once you start the match.
You should see the franken ARs out there!
Anyway come and shoot its still fun

in a nut shell 7.5lbs max , 4.5lb min trigger 20” max barrel length, iron sights

View attachment 494197
Crud, I think the 20” max barrel length will rule out a couple rifles I wanted to bring.

Crud, I think the 20” max barrel length will rule out a couple rifles I wanted to bring.
Heck I did not see that in the rules now?
Anyway its a cluster F pembroke is not going to be weighing guns and triggers.
Come shoot have fun

Honestly the only thing I see as a potential “issue” is how busy it could get, so conforming rifles will generally shoot first relays. Come and play I want to get 3 relays in myself , was not busy enough for me to get 2 relays in last time.

come play!

Honestly the only thing I see as a potential “issue” is how busy it could get, so conforming rifles will generally shoot first relays. Come and play I want to get 3 relays in myself , was not busy enough for me to get 2 relays in last time.

come play!
Awesome, that’s why I figured I might only be able to get in a couple matches so I wanted to pick the most realistic options for the occasion haha

Awesome, that’s why I figured I might only be able to get in a couple matches so I wanted to pick the most realistic options for the occasion haha
If you don't have a 200 yard range, from 100 yards increase your elevation 4 clicks if half MOA, 8 clicks if 1/4 MOA. Alternately be ~2" high at 100 yards.

If you don't have a 200 yard range, from 100 yards increase your elevation 4 clicks if half MOA, 8 clicks if 1/4 MOA. Alternately be ~2" high at 100 yards.
A basic knowing of where you rifle shoots is a good start.
Friend met me at the range sunday to shoot his AR , I asked if he zeroed it yet.
He said yes. When he arrived his front sight post was driven all the way down
And his rear sight windage was L about halfway through its travel.
I asked him WTF
He said :” I only had time to zero it on the 25 yard line”

I dont even want to know where his bullets where going if he missed the 25 yard berm where ever he was.!

would have been very high at 200 yards!

anyway - Mechanical zeroed and then 50yd combat zero for him.
Told him dont touch the sights now. Good for zombies out to 300yd plus

M1 Garand 'Franco Special' with 168 TMK's + the usual (Varget).

Will not be bringing something for Vintage- need practice with the 1903 Springfield. Same loads as for the Garand.

Also bringing the 1941 USMC clone in case we are able to have a vintage sniper match afterward. Vintage sniper gets vintage 168 Sierra SMK's.

Hate to do it, but I must pull out because my family from Jersey are coming up and I haven’t seen them in a year and a half. I will make the next one.

Loading up the last of the barnes for the M96....I did not get much time testing this thing
42.5 grains Norma MRP 140 gn Barnes Match Burners to load data COAL of 3.035" makes for a good jump to the lands

Last edited:
Had a little trouble getting the 1903 sighted in- forgot my sight micrometer which is a huge crutch for me. Also dropped rounds in offhand and got mixed up and failed to fire my last shot. Didn't even see my score, though it was out of competition and I was mainly there to sort the bugs out of the '03 for Perry.

Different story with the M1- shot a 282 and 4 or 5X, don't remember the X count and phone is in truck. Personal best for the M1.

Shot a 185-7X in the vintage sniper match.

Hit some rain at ~5pm on the way home and it's still raining now.

Back
Top Bottom