• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2020 Antlerless Permits (MA)

I sent mine in awhile back. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had a lottery doe permit (zone 8). My customer ID is cursed. I applied for 4S.

I will get one for sure this year though.🤣

Bob

I sent mine in awhile back. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had a lottery doe permit (zone 8). My customer ID is cursed. I applied for 4S.

I will get one for sure this year though.🤣

Bob

I guess so have afew friends in 8 that always get em. I think I’ve had 1 out of last 15 years I haven’t got one in zone 7

" Check to see if you were awarded a permit any time between 8 a.m. August 1st and December 31. "

" Check to see if you were awarded a permit any time between 8 a.m. August 1st and December 31. "

I'll be checking tomorrow morning

I don't have an update it just says check back after 7/31
Edit: zone 12 awarded.

Last edited:
There is a chart on the site that shows you the % of winners, the # of permits to be issued and the # of surplus permits that will be available for each zone. Maybe someone here who is smarter than me can find it and post it. Jack.

Zone 11.... They give those things away like they're candy here. I usually get the "lotto" and at least 2 surplus..

My own observations are that the Buck to doe ratio is out of whack here... We have a lot of doe.

Last edited:
Family is 3 for 3 in zone 9 as always. I'll be on the surplus site looking for a zone 10 when the time comes.

9&10 show 100%. Lots of surplus for both. See the chart. Jack.
Last year the surplus zone 9 ones sold out in minutes...,there were about 1000 surplus for zone 9 if I remember. I hunt both 9 and 10 and 10 gets more surplus.....so my strategy is to apply for 9 and then buy a 10 surplus.

Chart is below so folks don't have to download it. Screenshot_20200801-125747_Drive.jpg

Zone 5. Got one for the first time in 7 years! I have friends that don't even hunt deer but apply for a doe permit just in case they might want to and they seem to get one every year.

Still " come back after the 31st
You have to click "hunting permits and stamps" then click on your the antlerless permit as if your adding it to your cart again and then it will tell you if you got it and take you to the payment section.

You can now buy the surplus ones too

zone 9 selling for $5 if you applied there

Nope. Surplus permits are going to to be available for purchase on the schedule listed below:

Sale of surplus antlerless deer permits by Wildlife Management Zone will be staggered over the following days in September and October.

Zone 11: Tuesday, September 29 at 9 a.m.
Zone 10: Wednesday, September 30 at 9 a.m.
Zone 9, 13, and 14: Thursday, October 1 at 9 a.m.
Surplus Permits are first-come, first-served.

Bob

You can now buy the surplus ones too

zone 9 selling for $5 if you applied there
Nope. Not yet bud surplus go on sale in late September.....every year. Not sure where you saw they are available already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom