• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surplus Antlerless Deer Permits MA

I followed all the tips and directions. Was on at 9:00am sharp. Surplus tags page said not to refresh. I ended up calling the tech support number and was told to refresh! Finally got a Z9 tag at 9:25am. An absolute cluster f***!
Did you all expect a smooth, seamless, trouble free experience?

I mean really?

I didn't see anything but the green bar with the spinner till 9:20 then the zones popped up & 12 was sold out.
For some reason I checked at 10 & it said zone 12 available. So I guess I got the last available one cause I called a buddy & he said yep sold out

Went with a Zone 11 …..have never hunted down that way but going to head down to scout some areas in next couple days that looked alright on google maps.

How hectic does the hockomok swamp get besides the moth man and Wendigo running around . Was looking there and Myles Standish for Bow.

Went with a Zone 11 …..have never hunted down that way but going to head down to scout some areas in next couple days that looked alright on google maps.

How hectic does the hockomok swamp get besides the moth man and Wendigo running around . Was looking there and Myles Standish for Bow.

Be prepared:

IMG_0470.jpeg

I went out today….that swamp don’t think it’s even worth it.

Found a neat corridor in Hanover though set up a trail cam so we will see 🤷🏻‍♂️

Zone 10 for my adp. Not sure how I pull this off. Top of my head no larger wma’s in this zone.

Checked my stand that I haven't used in a couple of years
Someone put reflectors on the tree to find it.
I don't post my land so I'm not bothered

But thinking about going out this year so might just have to disinvite someone.
This does not even compute to me......hunting someones stand on public is something I'd never do, but whatever, if someone did it......I guess its public land.

Hunting someones stand on private, is asking for an asskicking........ posted land or not.

This does not even compute to me......hunting someones stand on public is something I'd never do, but whatever, if someone did it......I guess its public land.

Hunting someones stand on private, is asking for an asskicking........ posted land or not.

Exactly… Never in a million years would I do that.

I think that it comes down to society today. Most seem to want all the benefits and none of the work. They can’t comprehend that deer season doesn’t start on opening day and that you just go out and shoot them. Scouting is for the plebes. Just let someone else do the work and jump in their stand to shoot the deer.

What a cluster. The system was clearly overwhelmed and slowed way way down. The permits didn’t show until 10 minutes after and my payment (stored) was rejected multiple times before it finally went through.

Bob
I waited until after work and logged in, got 1 for zone 10, smooth and easy. Good luck!

Hopefully it snows a little for us to hunt in, that will increase your odds.

I waited until after work and logged in, got 1 for zone 10, smooth and easy. Good luck!

The limited surplus ADP’s were the issue. I was hoping to get a zone 7 and there were only 657 available so they went in minutes. I was lucky enough to snag one but it was just kept refreshing until they showed up.

I signed in about 15 minutes early and the system just got slower and slower to refresh and then checking out was also a big challenge. Once the permit is in your cart you have 10 minutes to pay for it or you lose it and it leaves your car. I barely made the 10 minute deadline; and I was using stored credit card info.

Typical chaos when it comes to the surplus permits but I will say that I have seen way way worse. The last contractor was waaaaay worse.

Good luck to you as well. The season is upon us.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom