• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deer camp starts tomorrow

peterk123

NES Member
I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. Trucks are packed. We have a borrowed 14x17 wall tent with stove. We got some firewood from the national forest near the house. We leave at 4am tomorrow for three days of chasing whitetail does. Six tags between the two of us and I still have my general tag for a nice buck. We've never been out this far east, so we have no idea what to expect. Would be happy if we got one. Any more and we are gifting all the meat to friends. Been a hell of a year.

Did you see the Maine Warden Service road block on 201 just south of Caratunk on Sunday afternoon?
All southbound traffic was being stopped and occupants asked about any hunting and fishing activity.
New England is getting so Nazi up North.

Did you see the Maine Warden Service road block on 201 just south of Caratunk on Sunday afternoon?
All southbound traffic was being stopped and occupants asked about any hunting and fishing activity.
That was right where I was at. Arrived sunday around 3pm. Did not see a thing. Oh, did not get a deer. Bumped a deer and did a short stalk. Could not get a shot.

New England is getting so Nazi up North.

May have something to do with doing checks for people illegally crossing the northern New England borders? There has been a big influx this year across NY/VT/NH/ME, one news article said more illegals have been apprehended in 2023 than the previous 10 years combined (and that is only the ones they caught). Supposedly break-ins at camps, etc. (people looking for food/shelter) are on the rise along the northern border.

Back
Top Bottom