• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2018 / 2019 Winter Warrior Postal Match

Once a decade ammo check and reorganization. That's 607 HXP loose rounds, 130 boxed, about 38 Swedish Mauser strippers for the M03, 16 enblocs (small cabinet) with 4 more in the big cabinet, and 900 sealed rounds in the basement makes a little under 2000 rounds of 30-06....wonder if that's enough to cause my Garand a hernia? Hope to get 5 years shooting out of it.

Does this make me one of "those people of interest"?

My hands are black from handling all the loose ammo....

In my reorganization, I found Swedish Mauser, Carcano, .308, .303 Brit, .38 short, Danish Krag, and American Krag that I no longer have rifles for......100 or so 7.62 Nagant blanks...

trade for more useful stuff...(not .30-06!) 8mm, 9mm, .32, .38 special, .380....almost totally out of .45

t

T- Maybe you'd be a person of interest, but those of us who have met you know better. :)

Is this the format we want to use? Bolded score at the beginning of each post with targets?
Or, at the end, for suspense? ;)
Just want to make it easier for Mountain.
Looks like snow on Monday, possibly. I might try to beat the dark on Friday, but being c.54° + rain, probably not for score.

Anything is fine. Logging entries / scores will give me something to do on a crappy day. :cool:

Tried to shoot my 1911A1 clone at the range yesterday but ended up picking up trash, emptying barrels, and hauling to the dumpster. Range is about 3/4 mile from the club house and main grounds. My requests for help taking trash to the dumpster aren't getting any attention. Sadly, I and another guy had to remove head size rocks from the 50 yard line. Some a-hole has been shooting rocks again. After doing all of that I received a get your ass home and blah blah blah call from Mrs. Mountain, so that was that.

Our range was very busy yesterday, which was nice to see. One of the younger guys was shooting a M1 that somehow was brought in from Germany. Had an original stock with the darkest patina I have seen and 3 or 4 brass pin repairs. Pretty cool 'been there done that' Garand.

Once a decade ammo check and reorganization. That's 607 HXP loose rounds, 130 boxed, about 38 Swedish Mauser strippers for the M03, 16 enblocs (small cabinet) with 4 more in the big cabinet, and 900 sealed rounds in the basement makes a little under 2000 rounds of 30-06....wonder if that's enough to cause my Garand a hernia? Hope to get 5 years shooting out of it.

Does this make me one of "those people of interest"?

My hands are black from handling all the loose ammo....

In my reorganization, I found Swedish Mauser, Carcano, .308, .303 Brit, .38 short, Danish Krag, and American Krag ammo that I no longer have rifles for......100 or so 7.62 Nagant blanks...

trade for more useful stuff...(not .30-06!) 8mm, 9mm, .32, .38 special, .380....almost totally out of .45

t
I might have some 9mm and 45acp to trade for swede 6.5

Straight to Providence and the AG office. Waiting on my letters; asked 6 friends to get 3 letters 3 months ago. Got 1 so far. Once I get 2 more, I notarize, and I’m off. Having a fresh ME license should help. Also have NH.

t

Bunny and Harry Potter. Rainy, miserable day.

t:emoji_rabbit:

Attachments

• 2370DA96-9953-485A-B99E-26234AEE4B20.jpeg
    2370DA96-9953-485A-B99E-26234AEE4B20.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DBF6D8EA-F3A2-40B4-93D6-AA669B5E63BB.jpeg
    DBF6D8EA-F3A2-40B4-93D6-AA669B5E63BB.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Bunny and Harry Potter. Rainy, miserable day.

t:emoji_rabbit:

Good call on a day like today! Someone in the family knit that nice afghan?

I need to print more pistol targets. I think I'll see if I can even hit paper with the .32 Colt. Probably can get a halfway decent score with the 1911A1 clone. Might take the SAA clone or Pietta 1851 Navy sometime too. Service pistol is service pistol- even if black powder.

I know it’s not milsurp but I did get it from the CMP Daisy 853.
25 yards sitting.
I had about 8 minutes to myself so I opened the rear slider and plunked 10 rounds. Been over a year since sitting position.
Man am I rusty started at top left.
88/100

View: https://imgur.com/a/6v4rNLR

I might post some .32 cal wax bullet entries too.
Im ready for a cold day to put a real entry in!

Last edited:
The Afghan was knitted by my wife’s BFF’s mother. On my side of the bed I have one knitted by my paternal grandmother Helen (1916-2000) when I was a toddler in the ‘60s

t

Attachments

• B72F0BE1-A6C1-4B6B-962B-D1A23FB606DE.jpeg
    B72F0BE1-A6C1-4B6B-962B-D1A23FB606DE.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 7
Plus you will need to explain this denial for ever.

They’ll have to explain it; denying someone who holds licenses in three states.

t

Ive heard this before but never heard it fully explained. I can understand if you had something shady in your past and were denied, but if you were denied in a may-issue jurisdiction for little to no reason would it really be a big deal to have to explain it? For instance NYC pretty much denies everyone from what I hear. If I apply somewhere after being denied an NYC carry permit, or if a particular state has a blanket no non-res policy, or if Brookline pd doesnt think Ive provided a good enough reason to be granted an LTC, is anyone really going to look at me cross-eyed?

t
I

t
Quick look at RI seems they will notify you for acceptance or denial . Does not really explain if they give a reason.
Also spotty on issuing. Seems local chief is shall issue znd AG is may issue. Although not clear if this is for Resident or Non?
Why not get the license from UT or where ever that state is that has many reciprocal states?

Was planning on getting out there this weekend to shoot 2 rifles and 2 pistols for this but it was too warm. :/

C’mon Winter, don’t you know how to Winter?

Was planning on getting out there this weekend to shoot 2 rifles and 2 pistols for this but it was too warm. :/

C’mon Winter, don’t you know how to Winter?

Yeah, I was already tired of the rain but it keeps coming, and coming, and...

Im going to start bring a rifle and ammo everyday to work. Eventually Free time and Cold temps will come together.

Planning on going to the range tomorrow but the temp's forecasted at 40...grrr.... at least I have some handloads to test out. Maybe I'll even bring my 'new' Finn M91 as well...

Lucky!
This time of year I can only shoot on weekends unless I take a day off. I have Wednesday off but looks like it’s gonna be in the 50’s.
not really its a mad minute type of range trip for me.
If I make good time to and from work I get a solid 17 minutes to set up ,shoot and clean up.

not really its a mad minute type of range trip for me.
If I make good time to and from work I get a solid 17 minutes to set up ,shoot and clean up.

One of the “drills” I like to do occasionally is shoot the T53 Mosin standing offhand @100 yards, 5 rounds, and then jog down to see how I did. Then jog back, rinse and repeat. Shooting from a rest with a resting heartbeat is one thing. Shooting out of breath, unsupported is another.

Back
Top Bottom