2015 Hunting Megathread

Pretty cool.
http://www.virginiamn.com/news/loca...cle_154b4652-90b2-11e5-b0f9-7bb4de6b71ca.html

56511020228fc.image.jpg

I had not. I just looked at their website and sorry to say I am still not sure what they. It appears they help with equipment people may need but what past that? Thanks.

I think that's the majority of it -- providing the equipment and personnel to get people out into the woods.

4dea2a04b9a079b583e9b7f19872c5f2.jpg

5c1e7c360c3fb770d481f9bbae98876c.jpg

After 6 years of hunting in the 7 years since my buddy started his Hunting camp in Cambridge, Maine , and none of us have ever won a doe permit, we finally bagged a deer. And it was my first deer as well. 124 lbs dressed. 80 yards with a 308. He Jumped twice and dropped dead after a couple kicks. Double lung shot. Gave the deer away the next morning when I got some absolutely devastating news and had to leave camp in a hurry. The guy I gave it to sent a bag of meat from his kill a couple weeks ago home with my buddies. Some day I will enjoy that meat but I wish it were from my deer.
One of the best moments of my life followed by one of the worst.

Last edited:
Was at my taxidermist the other day and saw the coyote I shot 2 years ago who's pelt i sold to him. He made a fantastic rug out of it for his showroom. He said he'd sell it to me for quite a bit of $$$ but now I'm thinking how can I pass this up? Early Christmas present for myself? 

d0cecf077b66b6bdf9a4158958d1ebef.jpg
85feed5be5a5b65f83885b2fb35aa2ae.jpg
503650ce0f3f19cbd3c616419dbce016.jpg
could I buy in?, your hearth 1/2 year mine other half. That's awsome !

Found one open today soon good thanks guys!

image.jpg
Shot this bruise last night!! He's got a bunch of scars, one eye was all crusty from being stabbed, all the tips on his left side were busted off/up...dressed out at 152lbs but, his hind quarters were significantly smaller compared to the rest of his body so he lost some weight this rut for sure probably would have went 170 dressed!

Found one open today soon good thanks guys!

View attachment 151923
Shot this bruise last night!! He's got a bunch of scars, one eye was all crusty from being stabbed, all the tips on his left side were busted off/up...dressed out at 152lbs but, his hind quarters were significantly smaller compared to the rest of his body so he lost some weight this rut for sure probably would have went 170 dressed!

Awesome!

Kicked another two out of their beds on the way to my stand this AM. That was 1.5 hours before daylight. Doing my best to be quiet but stepped on a stick and sent one crashing away. Thought my hunt was over but kept creeping in anyway. Then stepped on another stick and rinse and repeat. Didn't see anything this AM. Think I'm going to change tactics and stick to evenings when it's forecast to be warm. They're seemingly getting back to bed well before shooting hours.

Pulled my last trail cam while I was out today. It's been out about a year (since end of last gun season). Have a really nice buck on it... Last picture was in June though.

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipPMtY-zWLBwDRtrTBxhEWNXtjjuxg6wRHrrP5mq

Hopefully that photo link works, but I was happy to get my first deer after taking nearly a decade off from hunting. I got back into the game last year when I was finally able to put together hunting time in Maine, but I was shut out for the first time as an adult. And with very limited time this year, I was not optimistic.

But on Monday morning I called this guy in with a combination of doe bleats and grunts and he came in on a trot, stopped and took a leak at the edge of the field, then stepped out and turned broadside, where I put one through his heart.

I am especially excited because I used my 300BLK that I built myself and used a round that I made cutting down a 223 and reloading - 165gr BTSP over 14.7 gr H110. Did the trick.

Now I'm back on late season ducks!

Back
Top Bottom