2 Mass SJC judges announce retirement this week

What is also frightening about the SJC is that it has accepted the logic of "because the state needs the money".

- It upheld a $75 fee to confront your accuser in traffic court - even if you are found not responsible for the offense.

- It held that the parents of an adult child, who let that child live in their house, assume responsibility for all criminal defense fees of that adult child who will be barred from a public defender based on the parents income and/or assets.

Within the next year there may be more SJC judges retiring due to age. The Governor nominates, but the Governor's Council confirms the appointment. They can and have rejected nominees in the past. Jen Caissie, Seventh District ( approximately Worcester County) is clearly pro Second Amendment, one or two others are " mildly anti gun"and the rest have not really taken a stand. They are elected every two years, which means they are all up this year. I would suggest writing letter to the Governor or Lt Governor and the Councilor for your district. Senators, Reps, etc are not involved. Support candidates (send campaign contributions ) to those that you like. Ask the Governor to nominate judges who reflect your views on 2A. Merely complaining about politicians will not work.

What is also frightening about the SJC is that it has accepted the logic of "because the state needs the money".

- It upheld a $75 fee to confront your accuser in traffic court - even if you are found not responsible for the offense.

- It held that the parents of an adult child, who let that child live in their house, assume responsibility for all criminal defense fees of that adult child who will be barred from a public defender based on the parents income and/or assets.

Only in Mass

In Gov. Bakers case, we have to hope that he is at least appoints people that are benign rather than malevolent when it comet to 2A.

So let me get this straight. We're hoping a RINO gov in a heavily anti politician controlled legislative body appoints solidly pro 2a judges. While I'm hoping the same, I just don't see that happening without some sort of "compromise".

I'd write the one person I know on the governors council, but she's a died in the wool anti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just do what the libs do, hide the real agenda and promote other qualities. Profit.

Frank Gaziano and david lowy were confirmed to the SJC

I hope i dont regret saying this but ,I will say that gaziano and lowey are brilliant and respected immensley. I think they were good nominations.

The fact that deval patrick would never nominate them tells you they are good at what they do.

Looking in the other threads, no one has faith in the sjc but I believe there's only 7? And bakers already replaced two with allegedly pro 2a candidates hopfully 3 soon. Staying positive, I say this is better than before...

Back
Top Bottom