• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 Mass SJC judges announce retirement this week

thorin

NES Member
I am holding out hope that there might be a sliver of hope for the 2A and that it isn't dead on the vine in MA anymore. Baker has incredible power in shaping the court because not only are 2 justices retiring this year but 2 more the year after that.

I consider Baker to be neutral on 2A. Quotes attributed to him I've read say that the AWB doesn't work. But he also spoke in support of making no-fly people prohibited.

Better than a full-on anti but I don't expect anything from him.

Not inclined to believe we're going to make great leaps forward but he's likely less apt to appoint activist judges than say...Deval or Marsha. Maybe a start towards more balance.

C'mon Charlie...help a brotha out and get us a few conservative Judges in there that stick to the constitution. Maybe, just maybe, we get a few good decisions. Not holding my breath but I'm hoping in a "maybe I do win poweball tonight" kinda way.

Some of you (yes from my catbird seat in Texas) need to find the people who influence the decision as to who is appointed/nominated for those seats. This could be huge for 2A rights in MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you (yes from my catbird seat in Texas) need to find the people who influence the decision as to who is appointed/nominated for those seats. This could be huge for 2A rights in MA.

He needs to be nudged, anyone connected ?

You hit the nail on the head!

This is the group:
Governor's Council

Massachusetts Governor's Council

They are better than they used to be. I know people that know at least one of them.

I expect the ma legislature to leap into action like they did to change the law that allows the governor to appoint an interim senator so Romney couldn't select a successor if kerry won the presidency. And again to change it back when kennedy wasn't going to last long enough to vote for obamacare. They really are superheros and I'm sure they can help here too.

One member of the Governor's Council always inquires about judicial candidates' views on Second Amendment. She is a strong supporter of 2A rights. It seems to be a nonissue for most other members.

Don't nudge when you can wink. Don't speak when you can nudge.

My eye is staring to tear up.

Help us out Governor Baker!

Don't nudge when you can wink. Don't speak when you can nudge.

My eye is staring to tear up.

Help us out Governor Baker!

He needs to be nudged, anyone connected ?

maybe some letters to the gov.....??? doubt he'll even read them but what the heck...

C'mon Charlie...help a brotha out and get us a few conservative Judges in there that stick to the constitution. Maybe, just maybe, we get a few good decisions. Not holding my breath but I'm hoping in a "maybe I do win poweball tonight" kinda way.

Lets see how Charlie Baker does..... I have low expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me get this straight. We're hoping a RINO gov in a heavily anti politician controlled legislative body appoints solidly pro 2a judges. While I'm hoping the same, I just don't see that happening without some sort of "compromise".

I'd write the one person I know on the governors council, but she's a died in the wool anti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am holding out hope that there might be a sliver of hope for the 2A and that it isn't dead on the vine in MA anymore. Baker has incredible power in shaping the court because not only are 2 justices retiring this year but 2 more the year after that.
Gee I didn't realize that.

Back
Top Bottom