• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1776 Gunsmithing, LLC

These are the guys that picked up some of the smithing materials from Gartman Arms. I stopped buy their shop on Saturday and the two guys were there working on some stuff. Seemed like great guys and fairly young (at least to me) so I would support them if you can. Saw some of their work and it looked good and prices seemed reasonable for transfers and some of the jobs I was interested in. In any event, worth stop buy and supporting some local guys if you live in Walpole area:

200 Main Street #6
Walpole, MA 02081
508-734-5476
[email protected]

xcomsends

I was down that road a few weeks ago. Don't recall seeing any sign for the place. I'll have to be more observant next time (but it is rare for me to be on that end of Main St.).

If you are coming from Walpole center it is on the left in a brick building. It kind of comes up on you quickly. There are a couple of other businesses in the building as well. I would say it is like 2 miles out of Walpole center.

Brought my m&p 9c in there last night for an apex trigger job. Ended up talking to Don for about 90 minutes. Real friendly guy, showed me a lot of what they're working on. Glad to have somebody so close and with great hours. I guess he "Massifies" a lot of the ar's that MFS sells. They're right in the same building as AAMCO. Hope they do well, very happy so far.

Don and his team fixed two muzzle brakes from me. Great job!

Fun place to hang around, I'll have them help with AR builds as needed, but I'm also keen to start collecting civil war era pistols, hope they are into that!

I found this thread this morning. I was looking to complete a few projects and in need for some gun smithing. So I call the shop. Left a VM and Don called back in a short time. I stop by with all the parts. Spend almost 2 hrs at the shop. Don has many goodies looking for the right buyers. If anyone looking for some preban mags (AR/AK/M1A/FAL/HK 91/93), Don might be able to hook you up. If you in the area, check the shop out.

The shop is very new to NES. I did my usual recruiting and hope they are a NES supporter soon.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

I found this thread this morning. I was looking to complete a few projects and in need for some gun smithing. So I call the shop. Left a VM and Don called back in a short time. I stop by with all the parts. Spend almost 2 hrs at the shop. Don has many goodies looking for the right buyers. If anyone looking for some preban mags (AR/AK/M1A/FAL/HK 91/93), Don might be able to hook you up. If you in the area, check the shop out.

The shop is very new to NES. I did my usual recruiting and hope they are a NES supporter soon.

Good job recruiting. He's also very prompt with returning emails.

Just stopped in, looked around, ended up selling them a rifle I was looking to get rid of. Great guys. Very friendly and knowledgeable. I'll definitely be back soon.

NES, We are going to hot blue next week, If you need anything to be dipped bring it on down, we will take care of it, bead blast and blue for $100. If it needs to be polished it will take a week and cost more depending on the finish. We also "Massify" guns on Fridays, have done over 150 since January. Bring it down before Friday, and usually you can have back Saturday. Smith & Wesson M&P trigger jobs for $100 (which includes the apex kit) 4.5lbs-7lbs you choose where you want to be and we will prove it. We will use a trigger pull gauge for your viewing and test fire it in the shop to ensure safety. I will give an update to what the special is in two weeks (parkerizing, duracoat, stock refinishing, 1911 work, lever gun work) If you have any requests please call, email or stop in I am glad to answer any questions.

Steel and Wood

Next weeks specials are double action revolver trigger jobs and timing issues. $100 for the trigger job, timing issue price vary pending on actual problem and if additional parts needed. If you are experiencing bruised shoulder syndrome after a day of breaking clays, we also will offer forcing cone lengthening on all 12, 20, and 410 bore shotguns for $45 a barrel. Bring in a "bag of gun" and for $50 we will assemble if all parts are there, head space, function check and safety check. Any questions please call me 508 734 5476 email me at [email protected] or come see me tue - sat 10-7.

Steel and Wood

I can't express how great these guys are. I've been hanging out here weekly. I just pick up the barrel last night. The work was professionally done. Don shorten the barrel, crowned the muzzle, thread the barrel and pin a comp on it.

As usual, I hang out and chit chat with Don/John. They got lots of cool stuff and I learn a lot from Don. These guys are highly recommended.

Another plug for their work. They offer a Dissemble Clean Oil Assemble (DCOA) service for AR15's for $80 and I brought a couple down for a full inspection and cleaning. They did a great job and I just dropped off my Garand.

We charge $30 for a pining and welding of a muzzle accessory. For those who want to go to the next level, we will re machine your crown, and index your muzzle accessory to your barrel with no crush washer, pin it and weld for $110. If you bring just the barrel we will do it for $65. We can also re contour your muzzle accessory so that there is a smooth transition from barrel to accessory. This looks really nice when they are done.

The new special is DCOA and apex trigger kit for M&P's for the low low price of $140.00 The first person who comes into the shop who mentions this deal from NES gets a 1776 Gunsmithing T-shirt..... must be XL XXL or XXXL

I stopped by the shop today and met Don. Great guy and I look forward to doing business with them in the near future.

Justin

Had my gun (M&P Shield 9mm) painted here...FANTASTIC job!! :)

photo.php

Dropped my AR for compliance pinning yesterday nice shop and owner. Would definitely recommend doing business with.

Back
Top Bottom