• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms Co.

Hello gang, this is Tim the Gunsmith. For those who have not met me yet, I was one of the guys in the back at 1776 Gunsmithing in Walpole for several years before the shop closed. Through my time there, I have had the opportunity to meet and work with tons of you guys, and I am very happy to announce that I am back in the area and providing gunsmithing services to the general public. The lovely folks down at Gartman Arms on RT. #1 in Wrentham have made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and I will be working in their machine shop out back.

I am currently offering general repair, sights/scopes, parts replacement, armorer work, trigger jobs, MA AWB Compliance services, cleanings, test firing and safety checks, and Cerakote! I will be adding a wood working/stock making component this summer, as well as beginning to offer higher end machining services as the weather gets nicer. I also have parkerizing and bluing equipment I will be working on in my down time!

There are just too many of you to call you each individually (sorry), so this is an open invitation to all former customers (and perspective new ones). Come on down, check out the awesome retail section up front, and pitch me some ideas. I am considering all projects, large and small. My biggest set back right now is lack of access to a higher end (accurate) lathe. I cannot currently consider any major barreling or crowning jobs until this is sorted out. Other than that, the sky is the limit!

I am offering office hours for consulting Monday, Wednesday, & Saturday, open to close. These hours will expand with my workload, and I am hoping to be in the shop 6 days a week by June. I am not interested in doing business through NES, so please do not ask me to quote you service prices on this forum. I will have a price list posted in the shop and on our website within the next few weeks. Hope everyone is having a safe and warm Winter, and look forward to hearing from you all!

- Tim Gostling

Gartman Arms
570 Washington St
Wrentham, MA 02093

http://gartmanarms.com/

Last edited:
Welcome, glad to hear you stuck around. Never got to deal with 1776 but always heard good things. Id offer up a lather for you to use but Worcester would be a haul lol.

Thanks for the update. Don and the team were awesome, so I am elated that your services are still available (and relatively close).

1776 did great work and I was very sorry to see them go. They did a great job cerakoting my G23. Glad you are here. I may have some work for you if I ever finish building up all the ARs that I started.

Good luck, I really like the "new" Gartman Arms and this just makes it a better shop.

Thanks for the support guys! I have been making awesome progress getting things set up this week. Should have some pricing posted to the web site in the next few days.

Nice Tim, great to hear your back in the area doing business.

DUDE!

do you know anything about the delrin base pads for the 10 round M&P mags?

Don set me up with a bunch of them, I need more, several have cracked from being dropped on the ground millions of times. I have failed at contacting him. There is a market for these things, here in MA and other ban states, as well as in Canada.

DUDE!

do you know anything about the delrin base pads for the 10 round M&P mags?

Don set me up with a bunch of them, I need more, several have cracked from being dropped on the ground millions of times. I have failed at contacting him. There is a market for these things, here in MA and other ban states, as well as in Canada.

Hey man, I remember you. I am actually the one who designed this part for Don. I am still in touch with the CNC shop that produced these for us, and I bet I could get you some more with minimal effort. Stop by the shop sometime and drop me one off, and we can talk about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
It is really great to have such a skilled guy as Tim local...

He did an awesome job tuning up my M1A and went way beyond in terms of the quality of the work... smooth as butter![grin]

thanks Tim!

Hey gang, just a few updates. I have created an NES dealer account, and I will be abandoning this thread. My new updates, pictures, & projects can now be found Here

I have also received a TON of interest in the M&P extended base plates, designed to clear a flared mag well. I have placed an order with my CNC shop, and am hoping to have them in stock sometime in the middle of May. I have several people on a wait list for them already, so feel free to PM me your contact info and I can get you in line!

back when 1776 was open, Tim (Goose424) completed 4 or 5 projects for me. His work was top notch. Can't say enough good things about his expertise and knowledge.

Anyone looking for a gunsmith in the Wrentham area, I would highly recommend Tim Gosling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom